PDA

View Full Version : Gabapentin?

TC-UP
05-12-11, 04:19 PM
Just been prescribed Gabapentin for pain management. Anyone had any experience of it whilst taking cannabis as well?

TC-UP

Seac11
05-12-11, 08:15 PM
Just been prescribed Gabapentin for pain management. Anyone had any experience of it whilst taking cannabis as well?

TC-UP

Took them for nerve pain for about six months
They worked ok for about 2months then they
Didn't really do much after that so just got fucked off
With taking them was on 400mg 3 times a day

Seac11
05-12-11, 08:23 PM
Took them for nerve pain for about six months
They worked ok for about 2months then they
Didn't really do much after that so just got fucked off
With taking them was on 400mg 3 times a day

Yeah you should be fine smoking

I had some nice oil for a bit when i was
Taking them didn't do me any harm

Gheko
24-02-12, 11:10 PM
My Mrs is on gabapentin and smokes. She's also on morphine due to the severity of the pain relating to her avm condition. I'm looking for a suitable strain to grow for her. She finds the weed really helps and reduces her need for higher doses of prescribed pain killers.

TC-UP
25-02-12, 08:08 AM
The Mastadon Kush I grew last year was excellent, even though I had to chop early due to bud rot.

TC-UP

swordfishtrombone
17-06-12, 11:29 PM
Gabapentin and Pregabalin /Lyrica Dont do much for neuropathic nerve pain at all, ive got severe nerve pain nearly 24/7 , hence me wanting to try Cannabis after my neuro suggested cannabioids to the pain management service and getting knocked back and fobbed off with Amytriptyline which just made me feel shite. I see my neuro again shortly and i'll be suggesting Mexiletine after reading this document

http://www.benthamscience.com/cmp/samples/cmp%201-1/Satoshi%20Kuwabara.pdf i suffer from Neuromyotonia ME stenosis and chronic Asthma. Everyday is a struggle

Duke1
30-01-13, 07:23 PM
my partner been on gabapentin for about ayear she says it doesnt work without cannabis! it certainly doesnt cause any ill affect,it depends on your condition and stuff obviously,my partner has spinal stenosis and osteo arthritis.but says the gabapentin on its own was "shit for pain releif" you should join my campaign to get the medecine sativex (google it) ask your gp for sativex for your condition tell them you use cannabis for your condition anyway.they will tell you that they are not allowed to prescribe sativex even though its been approved in the uk since 2010.at this point you ask them if they were allowed would they consider it for your condition,if the answer is yes then ask for a refferal to your local pain clinic,when you eventually get to the pain clinic ask the consultant to prescribe sativex,he can,but then he will tell you that although it has been approved in the uk the nhs wont pay for it,this only partial truth,ask them to apply for a special dispensation.this would allow them to prescribe sativex.simple ha ha ha?