PDA

View Full Version : Will a heater be too much for this cupboard?

Tripples
03-11-08, 02:36 AM
I bought a 1 foot electric bar heater 60 watts.
My cupboard is 30cm deep, 60 wide and 90 tall.

I've got a thermometer for it, but I'm thinking maybe it would be better to put th heater outside the cupboard on the floor so it warms the wood gently but doesn't burn.

Does amyone else have a similar size grow setup?
Cheers

allahu_akbar
03-11-08, 02:56 AM
I bought a 1 foot electric bar heater 60 watts.
My cupboard is 30cm deep, 60 wide and 90 tall.

I've got a thermometer for it, but I'm thinking maybe it would be better to put th heater outside the cupboard on the floor so it warms the wood gently but doesn't burn.

Does amyone else have a similar size grow setup?
Cheers

do some test runs, place the heater in different area's untill the growroom stays at a nice temp thru the night (and day if you need to) aim for temps around 22C-29c. and make sure its not a fire hazzard, thats the last thing you want, so do some tests

Tripples
03-11-08, 03:01 AM
Yeah I'm nervous about the bar heater - I think I'll use my electric oil filled radiator nearby as it seems safer.

I'll do some tests - Cheers :)

big syko 75
03-11-08, 12:32 PM
yeah i'd use the radiator mate them leccy fires sound a bit dangerous to me.:dance2:

bonsaiman
03-11-08, 09:32 PM
I prefer your second option, it's what I'll be doing if I need to. Bm

whitewidman
06-11-08, 03:36 PM
I see you say it's a 60 watt heater, do you mean one of these :-

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/Copy_of_IMG_0683.JPG

If so the're quite safe providing you don't do anything stupid. Even if you touch it while switched on its no worse than an oil filled rad and uses less power.

Tripples
06-11-08, 05:30 PM
It looks exactly like that - eBay?
OK I'll try it and see how it goes.

Cha-Cha Chong
06-11-08, 06:52 PM
I have nothing interesting to add only that I really like your picture tripples, its very lovely :)

keshman
06-11-08, 11:20 PM
If you hook it up to a room thermostat like this
http://images.asia.ru/img/alibaba/photo/51710290/TR_Series_Room_Thermostat_for_Central_Air_Conditio ner.jpg
and set the temp (ideal minimum of 18 degrees for lights-off time), it'll run itself coming on and going off to regulate the temp. I assume when your lights are on the temp will raise above this and so the tube heater will switch off by itself then too. Literally you just plug it in and leave it alone, simple.

Tripples
06-11-08, 11:24 PM
My avatar pic is ink in water - which is really fun to do if you have a fish tank, a camera and some ink.
I didn't make that pic though.

That thermostat above. Do you have a link to how to wire it up? Cheers

Budboxbill
08-11-08, 06:04 PM
Have just installed a tube heater and thermostat in my box,easy as pie to wire up,and cheap to buy too. Sorted out my lights off temps a treat:yeah mate: