PDA

View Full Version : Is my first scrog grow ok bit advice please

DOUBLEDUTCH
02-01-12, 10:39 PM
Hi this is my first scrog grow, been vegging for 3 weeks now, the screen is about 80% full now, is it a good time to flip to 12/12, or have i left it too long, heres a bit info on the grow anyway

600w cool tube with can carbon filter
nft gt 205
6 power plant cuttings
canna aqua vega nutes

like i say this is my first attempt at scrog so any advice at all cheers

Jāck Herer
02-01-12, 10:43 PM
Assuming you have the carbon filter+fan attached to the left end of that ducting, you need to get that sorted first.

DOUBLEDUTCH
02-01-12, 10:46 PM
Why ???........

Stimpy
02-01-12, 10:52 PM
you do have a CF. according to your first post DD ?????/

Looks fine to me, but i'd have used more tape lol.

DOUBLEDUTCH
02-01-12, 11:05 PM
From the left ive got my filter then my fan then my light and the right hand ductingtakes heat and smell away,
thats the way your supposed to have it isnt it

Jāck Herer
02-01-12, 11:19 PM
Somebody I know made the same mistake. If you are sucking in hot air via ur filter and then routing that past your bulb in your cooltube you might aswell not have the tube, because you are just cooling it with the hot air in your tent.

You really need a dedicated fan attached to your cooltube bringing and sending out in its own air from somehwere not in your grow space.

blazefor20
02-01-12, 11:25 PM
I think you could flip now. Are you happy with the amount of branches/bud sites and the alignment with the holes? If so then flip cause you are gonna get some stretch and if you wait too long the stretch might be too high. When will you start trimming the underskirt?

DOUBLEDUTCH
03-01-12, 12:34 AM
Are right i get you,but that means having 2 ex fans in there, it seems to be working ok, the temp is around 26 and never been passed 28, if i had just a normal euro reflector in there, with the size of the space it would be twice as hot, also when i put my hand under the tube there is no heat whatso ever, so i will be able to het it closer to the plants, every pic i searched for on google showed me the same way to set it up, maybe i will consider, your method for my next grow

yeah im happy with the amount of brances, and bud sites, what should i do with the underneath just trim every thing off????, a little each day, all the branches coming through the screen are around the same height, i think i will flip to 12/12 tomorrow, thanks for the help

wah wah
03-01-12, 05:10 PM
A little each day should be fine..try to get as much off as you can in the first 10-12 days of 12/12, then let them do their thing

hope all goes well for you.

blazefor20
05-01-12, 01:05 AM
I actually trimmed before flipping, but yes, you want to be rid of the underskirt ASAP after flipping. Not all in one setting but the sooner you rid the skirt, the sooner they can start the flower process and concentrate their energies.

baza123
21-01-12, 05:00 PM
looks good man. id get rid of anything thats not gona reach the screen i do it all in one go theres a link to my scrog have a look

Faultline
22-01-12, 10:07 PM
For a good tutorial with pictures google "scrogging on the faultline"

arexx
13-04-12, 07:19 PM
@jackherer Im sorry, but thats not true. Just imagine what actually makes the heat in the room -> its the lightning. Evem slightly warmer air, because the tube can not cool it enough down so that no heat will pass the glas, will cool it just perfectly. Still, with fresh totally cool air you can decrease the heat more, but those 15-20% arent really worth another fan.