PDA

View Full Version : Anyone grown Salvia Divinorum in zone 10-11 outdoors?

AuldSkool
10-01-12, 01:32 AM
I'm going in for a 2nd run at diviners sage here this year, and I have to say last time round was a catastrophic failure. They wouldn't survive without their little humidity tents no matter how I tried to acclimatize them which is weird really since humidity is really high here, up to 90% and above.

Anyway, this time im going root them in zero medium, just distilled water and aspirin. That should root them quick and give them some good defense reaction times, im going to go with a pete moss, verma and worm humus mix, pre fert at a 10th strength a week before transplanting and then grow them under lights until they are strong.

Really want to get them out doors though, so any experience anyone has in this zone of getting them out without locking them up or killing them off would be great.

Denzil
10-01-12, 05:26 AM
I know they can grow in to big fcukers, but I don't know much about growing it to know whether that can be controlled like with weed

AuldSkool
10-01-12, 05:38 AM
Yes, they can grow big, but Ive had serious headaches with them in this climate, zone 10-11 can be pretty unforgiving, this time of year is plant hell. Today hit 42 with 80% humidity, its early am here and its still 32 degrees :D
Id like to get a few little bushes up and running going into Autumn so they are tough for the winter which is pretty mild and immortal for next year. Right now im trying to dig up the info so they live this time round. They are hard to get hold of here and the clones cost 100 bucks a pop, so I really do want a live one this time round! Even if only one survives that's fine, ill clone her away happily myself.

Actually thats what im doing right now, digging digging, reading reading on SD to get a game-plan in gear for next week.

nuube
10-01-12, 08:11 PM
Have one in me kitchen. They wont survive outside in Ireland as too cold, (mind you with the near constant rain it should be damp enough for them). They don't like a lot of sun and grow BIG. All the best, at 100 a pop I would want to make sure they thrive.

AuldSkool
10-01-12, 08:32 PM
Have one in me kitchen. They wont survive outside in Ireland as too cold, (mind you with the near constant rain it should be damp enough for them). They don't like a lot of sun and grow BIG. All the best, at 100 a pop I would want to make sure they thrive.

Thanks, maybe I will try to find a place with exclusively indirect sun then. The sun here is a bitch in summer, December-Feb is like mass genocide in my garden. Im adapting slowly but surely!

nuube
10-01-12, 08:37 PM
Thanks, maybe I will try to find a place with exclusively indirect sun then. The sun here is a bitch in summer, December-Feb is like mass genocide in my garden. Im adapting slowly but surely!

I take it you are in the southern hemisphere? Man could I not do with some lovely sun at the minute, mind you I did see some blue sky yesterday - the amount of people that commented on how nice it was to see it again showed just how long its been!

AuldSkool
10-01-12, 08:43 PM
I take it you are in the southern hemisphere? Man could I not do with some lovely sun at the minute, mind you I did see some blue sky yesterday - the amount of people that commented on how nice it was to see it again showed just how long its been!

Yes indeed, Argentina. The heat here today is crazy, it build up before a storm today and yesterday we are hitting 40, in the shade with a 90% humidity or something crazy. I'm just sitting in bermudas and im soaked head to foot. Storm coming tonight though so at least a couple of days with breathable air will nice. Im actually shocked at how my other plants are going, they are happy as magpies under the lights, temps right now are way above what im comfy with but so far, they are happy....im not so happy but hell, thats life :D

nuube
10-01-12, 11:16 PM
Those are some temps, how the hell do you keep your plants cool in that?

AuldSkool
11-01-12, 12:00 AM
Those are some temps, how the hell do you keep your plants cool in that?

Simple anmswer... I dont. I havent grown weed in 15 years so this is my first time in these temps but in all honesty ive never seen a happier couple of plants, they are green and producing. I have heavy CO2 saturation which helps them cope with the heat. Thankfully its breaking now, so temps will balance out. If this had come later in life I might have run into problems, flowering would be hell to even attempt in this. Fortunately they are young and healthy. Not a droop on them, deep green and angling for light, they seem to enjoy it oddly enough.

I have a single 5 inch pc fan circulating the air around them 24-7 which has helped.

WUFU
11-01-12, 12:23 AM
once I did a bong of salvia and went into this crazy mind trip and was like trying to get through a hole or climb a ladder or something, kind of like when you close your eyes when your on acid

AuldSkool
11-01-12, 12:30 AM
LMFAO. Actually ive never tried it, the plants died :( So im back with a vengeance this year. Dont want to try that weird pack shit, probably 90% oregano and 10% pcp. Im toying with the idea of extracting and adding it into my "boids" to make a nice Happy Hasheesh Kebab :D

verybestsalvia
18-01-12, 01:41 PM
Generally these plants grow in some cold condition. It needs more attention and more care. It is impossible for these plants to grow in hot and human condition and temperature like 40 is damn bad for them.

ynotgrow
20-01-12, 04:24 PM
Tried a small tightly packed pipe of salvia x10 a couple of years ago. Thankfully I had mates to look after me and video it for me. I can honestly say that I've tried lots of stuff and usually have a good tolerance but salvia scared the shit out of me (and its legal). Use a jet flame lighter to get better results as well.

ynotgrow
20-01-12, 04:31 PM
Talking about it has made my mind up to give it another go. Don't think I'll pack it as tightly this time tho...

In fact when I was (coming round) I couldn't see anything but when I heard my mates talking I knew I was safe. Be careful with that shit and DO have someone to keep an eye on you and even video it if you can.

siddie
08-03-12, 08:30 PM
Salvia and you are not prohibited? We have recently banned .. More parsley banned)) represent? in Russia

eee-bay
09-05-12, 04:42 PM
I sell salvia divinorum cuts,live plants extracts...I have my own botanical garden.

eee-bay
09-05-12, 04:56 PM
Salvia divinorum is realy potent plant,it can be extracted with 98 industrial acetone and process i weary simple. 10x extract is enought for start.For one dosage it will be 0,1-0,2 per person.You will be out from your brain around 3min,but you will think it had pass whole hour.:cowboy:

Grub
09-05-12, 05:02 PM
I sell salvia divinorum cuts,live plants extracts...I have my own botanical garden.

That's fine... as you as you don't try to do it on the forum!

:)

B.A.BARACUS
09-05-12, 05:08 PM
Maybe waiting for the big 50 ?

Grub
09-05-12, 05:09 PM
I hope so, my hammers not been used in such a long time! :p