PDA

View Full Version : Cactii with white tips

Tabbatha
11-01-12, 12:53 PM
Hi folks..

This is a Cactii that I bought from Homebase as a little novelty thing that came in a mexican styled pot. It was slightly smaller than my Zippo when I got it home.

I replanted it in batmix about 2 months ago and have been feeding it compost tea from my pot grow and it's shot up really quickly.

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd480/mufeeeeey/DSC05618.jpg

Now the question is.. will those tips go green eventually or is she asking for more nitrogen?

Thanks folks. Not urgent as she doesn't provide me with smokeables. ;)

Ganesha
20-01-12, 07:18 PM
I love succulents like that. I always think they look like they should be growing underwater.

I would suggest that rather than a lack of nutrients, more like a lack of sunlight. Does it live on that shelf where you took the pic? I've never kept cacti away from a windowsill - they need maximum light & not really much else.

I think you're pampering it far too much. Most cacti & succulents seem thrive best on near neglect. Or at least that's my experience. Actually that applies to all sorts of houseplants. My cacti will get watered every few weeks, when I remember, really. They might get a few drops of Baby Bio a couple of times a year & perhaps once a year they'll get a tiny bit of worm juice (1:20 dilution of the elixyr that comes from the tap at the bottom of the wormery in the garden).

Treat cacti mean - they're evolved for harshness!

Hillbilly
20-01-12, 07:46 PM
I would suggest that rather than a lack of nutrients, more like a lack of sunlight.

Yep 100% right Ganesha!!!

Tabbatha
20-01-12, 11:08 PM
Cheers boyz..

I've not long moved her to a shelf.. normally she's on a windowsil with plenty of light so I'm a bit lost on what's going on with her.. but still she's getting taller and taller.

Weird..

I just hope it's not a Triffid :D