PDA

View Full Version : Think I have FUNGUS GNAT need help with how best to treat it???

wonin
19-01-12, 01:00 AM
Hi

I am using a bubblepot/DWC system and noticed small green/grey/black fly like 2mm insect things that fly and jump about all over the ceiling of my room outside the tent. I checked leaves for bites or signs of them in tent but all leaves seem to be ok.
Then i checked the roots and soon as u open the lid the bastards fly out 20-30 at a time but smaller than the black ones living on my ceiling outside the tent.

I am 4weeks into flowering and plants are looking amazing very bushy loads buds :leaf: no sign of damage to leaves so its not thrips or anything like that.

Had thrips b4 and treated them with "bug killer" or something from B&Q dont think thats the name cant see it on there website but it was in an orange bottle done the trick lovely. :smokie:

Anyone know any products i can buy that will kill these we fuckers or how to best get rid??? :confused:

any help much appreciated

wonin
19-01-12, 01:15 AM
i hear fungus gnatt is good for it but £20 def worth paying but will the £5 a bottle stuff from B&Q or Homebase not do the same or am i better just getting from hydro shop??

Theweemanno1
09-02-12, 04:40 AM
neem oil ?

420Boss
09-02-12, 04:42 AM
you can try a dose of H202,neem,plant vitality to name a few

cocogrower
09-02-12, 09:36 AM
With fungus gnats you need to break the cycle. Gnatoff will kill the larvae, Yellow sticky paper fly traps will catch the adults, breaking the cycle.

Gnatoff is organic and can be used up untill harvest, I'd avoid any harsh chem pesticide's this late in bloom.

Flexo
01-03-12, 12:02 AM
With fungus gnats you need to break the cycle. Gnatoff will kill the larvae, Yellow sticky paper fly traps will catch the adults, breaking the cycle.

Gnatoff is organic and can be used up untill harvest, I'd avoid any harsh chem pesticide's this late in bloom.

I agree with this. Gnat off and fly paper worked a treat for me.