PDA

View Full Version : Passive intake

Broon_Troot
30-01-12, 05:05 PM
just a quick question, i have a dr60 tent that im thinking of using a passive intake on, i have a 4" TT inline fan for extraction. would i need the fan running 24hrs to stop any smell escaping or could i have the fan running 12hrs during flowering and maybe have 1 of those ona blocks sitting at the intake hole to catch any smells that escape during lights of? would this work?

or another thing i was thinking might work was, having the TT fan running during light on then when lights and fan go of have another smaller fan kick in (pc or bathroom extractor maybe) for the 12hrs lights of period hooked up to a seperate filter to get rid of smell. would this work?

or instead of writing all that ^^ lol. simpler way of putting it would be, how do you stop smell escaping during lights off?

i live in building with 7 other residents so stealth is my main priority :)

Master Poet
30-01-12, 05:11 PM
You have been a member of this forum for over 2 years, this is BASIC knowledge.

The extraction needs to be running 24/7.

And NO, an Ona block will not suffice.

Broon_Troot
30-01-12, 05:16 PM
You have been a member of this forum for over 2 years, this is BASIC knowledge.

The extraction needs to be running 24/7.

And NO, an Ona block will not suffice.

thanks for another sarcastic answer poet, but atleast its answered!

doobi
30-01-12, 05:18 PM
24/7 stale air is bad

sparra
30-01-12, 06:51 PM
Like they said^^

And especially in flowering as if you fan off during dark period not only will smell escape but humidity will rocket and bud rot is much more likely.

flower power
30-01-12, 06:54 PM
im gonna have the same sort of thing what size light you using

Broon_Troot
30-01-12, 07:00 PM
Like they said^^

And especially in flowering as if you fan off during dark period not only will smell escape but humidity will rocket and bud rot is much more likely.

would i get away with using a smaller fan for extraction during lights out period 8pm-8am since the lights not on and there wont be much heat build up?
i know the light cycle would be better the other way around to save on leccy etc but, my tent is in the same room i sleep in and the mrs is up pretty early for work so dont want her sleep disturbed by a whirling fan all night. just wonder if a large pc would be enough to deal with smell and humidity?

Broon_Troot
30-01-12, 07:01 PM
im gonna have the same sort of thing what size light you using

250 watt with diamond reflector

Master Poet
30-01-12, 07:06 PM
A PC fan pulling through a carbon filter, even if home made would be no good at all. There is no getting round it, just tell the mrs that she has to wear earplugs.

Broon_Troot
30-01-12, 07:20 PM
A PC fan pulling through a carbon filter, even if home made would be no good at all. There is no getting round it, just tell the mrs that she has to wear earplugs.

kinda had a feeling that was gonna be the answer, just hoping it wouldnt be!!

aw well thx for looking in anyway, im off to tell the mrs to shut up lol

sparra
30-01-12, 07:29 PM
If it helps, i sleep in same room as my tent 6"rvk going all night and it doesn't bother my sleep at all.. you get used to it.
Of course it's never that easy where a women's involved.. it's just something else to moan about usually lol, good luck mate :)

Broon_Troot
30-01-12, 07:34 PM
If it helps, i sleep in same room as my tent 6"rvk going all night and it doesn't bother my sleep at all.. you get used to it.
Of course it's never that easy where a women's involved.. it's just something else to moan about usually lol, good luck mate :)

yeah its not me im worried about i could sleep on a washing line without a problem, infact i would sleep in the tent if i could get away with it :)
looks like she just gonna have to put up or shut up!! ( looks over shoulder)