PDA

View Full Version : I accidentally chopped off my bean plant's main stem (flower)

Colita
02-02-12, 09:23 AM
What's gonna happen now? Does it grow two new ones like when you top a cannabis plant?

Master Poet
02-02-12, 09:36 AM
How the hell can you "Accidently" chop it off?!

Bobby Digital
02-02-12, 09:47 AM
he/she was most likely threatening the bean plant with a knife at the time poet, the OP then slid with knife in hand accidentally chopping off the top of his/her plant :D

Colita
02-02-12, 10:17 AM
LOL, I swear it was an accident. I know it will be alright, but will it develop a second top?

techiebabe
02-02-12, 10:22 AM
oooooooops.......depends how far down u chopped it mate, near the bottom???? i'd say goodbye 2 yr bitch.....if u cut off more than 2/3 of the plant its unlikely to regenerate

this did give me a bit of a chuckle as im well clumsy and i have to supervise myself all the time in the grow room !!! LOL

TheCandyManCan
02-02-12, 12:32 PM
Please post a picture Im up for a laugh lol

roxy002
02-02-12, 12:38 PM
If its in flower then I cant imagine it will regenerate. And even if it does, it will take ages!

C21H30O2
02-02-12, 03:49 PM
were you trying to do topping? topping only happens upto the first week of flowering is what i have noted and it dont mean chop the top off :xmas: you could try sticking it back on and holding it on with some tape

its a bad idea to have sharp things around your plant when you are just hanging with it how would you like it if your mate sat there waving a gun around while he was talking to you

Earwig
02-02-12, 04:25 PM
What sort of bean is it? I'm assuming you're not uk if it's in flower.

I've never known a runner or broad bean developing new shoots, just continue flowering below the pooint that was chopped off. Dunno about dwarf french beans, but I find it unlikely. Could be wrong though. Guess we'll find out if you keep us posted! Good experiment*

*I know I could google the answer, but where's the fun in that?

Maccabi
02-02-12, 04:49 PM
How old was the plant?

B.A.BARACUS
02-02-12, 04:54 PM
Was the implement in question a machete?

C21H30O2
03-02-12, 01:31 PM
i amso glad i dont know you out side of this forum imagine you posting this on nhs forum "I accidentally chopped off my friend head, straight threw" what can i do lol jokes:leaf: