PDA

View Full Version : breeding questions

RastaMouse22
04-02-12, 09:19 PM
As I have done reptile breeding for a few years of course I'm gonna wanna try ganj breeding lol... Do have a few questions about it..

I have a ghs lemon skunk which I would like to cross with my buddha cheese I'm thinking the only way I can do it is obviously male and female but both are female.. So then thought about the col.. Silver spray on the lemon and collect the pollen in a bag over the branch (I know I will get seeds from the lemon by itself by doing this) will the lemon seeds be fem.. And would this way be an idea of making a lemon cheese? I'm sure there is something that won't work as its me lol

Any light on this guys?

leavinonajetplane
04-02-12, 10:06 PM
Ok if you have bred animals then you know genetic selection is important.

"keep the best kill the rest"

And the offspring must be superior to th parent lines DJ SHORT quote.

GHS Lemon skunk is fminised i presume, it originates from an american cutting, either they selfed the cutting to make fem seeds or they crossed it to somethign else which means its no longer lemon skunk.

Buddha cheese is the cheese clone crossed to an afghani BB reckons was an untouched landrace from afghanistan, so anoth hacked seedline.

My advice would be to get some quality male/female inbred lines and start makign F1 crosses from there.

Sure you can revers the sex of an already genetically dubious plant and hit up your cheese but who knows what you will get? they wiol be fem seeds but could have dominant hermie traits....

or get a real cheese clone and then start looking for a nice lemon scented male and then grow otu the offspring to ses if you find what your looking for.

Bobby Digital
04-02-12, 10:23 PM
like been said above, if you gonna breed, breed with good genetics in the male/female seed form....

imo stay well clear of fem seed when breeding.... and ghs lol

RastaMouse22
04-02-12, 10:48 PM
Thank you guys :D...

And with reptiles its more of sell the (unwanted trait) and keep the (wanted trait) for breeding but I get what you mean lol

Hmmm might be limited with the amount of room for a male but if I find a lemony or even a really nice male than depending at the time which female but I think a lemon cheese would be good so might keep an eye out for a lemon male.. Might see what citrus/lemony strains there are in regular form..

Out of the 5 ghs I have done (from a mix pack) the lemon skunk was the best and she fucking stinks my mate has my c-2 of it bout 5-10 days from chop in his loft under LED's and you can smell it at the front door..

Thanks again guys

Hillbilly
04-02-12, 11:57 PM
imo stay well clear of fem seed when breeding.... and ghs lol

Agree 100% lol

Bobby Digital
05-02-12, 01:16 AM
i should have said avoid fem seed when breeding and avoid ghs at all costs lol

TheCandyManCan
05-02-12, 08:24 PM
i should have said avoid fem seed when breeding and avoid ghs at all costs lol

Amen to that lol

marijuanamat
06-02-12, 10:52 AM
I think fem seed lines are really bad for the survival of the cannabis plant,every seed company is making them now so soon you won't be able to buy normal M/F seeds which will lead to mutant traits and the loss of genetic diversity.