PDA

View Full Version : Question On Bubble Bag Mesh Sizes?

illearth67
06-02-12, 02:26 PM
Hi guys I just got my bubble bags and it's a 5 bag 1 gallon kit. The mesh sizes are 220, 160, 120, 75 and 20 microns.
Now from what I've learned so far I know the 220 is my work bag but is it possible to get useable hash from the 160 bag or is this still too contaminated to be be any good?
In other words am I right in thinking I will get 3 grades of hash from these bags not 4?
Also does any one know if using more bags with different mesh sizes will produce more hash or simply refine what you get even more?
I've never used bubble bags before guys so any tips are much appreciated?

Aqua
06-02-12, 02:41 PM
hey mate, yeah you do get useable hash in the 160 bag, its not the best but its alright to smoke :) with getting more sizes im pretty sure it will just refine it.. you might wanna take a look at using dry ice aswell its a great method and get you quality results fast! plus you only really need the 220 and 160 bags..

mrmarkie121
06-02-12, 02:48 PM
hey mate, yeah you do get useable hash in the 160 bag, its not the best but its alright to smoke :) with getting more sizes im pretty sure it will just refine it.. you might wanna take a look at using dry ice aswell its a great method and get you quality results fast! plus you only really need the 220 and 160 bags..

i want to do the dry ice method but cant find anywhere that sell in small amounts smallest i can find is like a 5kg bag :(

Kind Regards

illearth67
06-02-12, 03:08 PM
i want to do the dry ice method but cant find anywhere that sell in small amounts smallest i can find is like a 5kg bag :(

Kind Regards

Yes I already tried to get dry ice and had the same problem. There's no way I'm buying a huge bag of it for my small operation so I'll be doing it the old fashioned way this time.
I've been watching vids about this for days and getting pretty excited now I'm about to try it. I'll upload pics when I've finished.:stoned-smilie:

mrmarkie121
06-02-12, 03:14 PM
Yes I already tried to get dry ice and had the same problem. There's no way I'm buying a huge bag of it for my small operation so I'll be doing it the old fashioned way this time.
I've been watching vids about this for days and getting pretty excited now I'm about to try it. I'll upload pics when I've finished.:stoned-smilie:

We should go halfs hahaha ;)

blazefor20
06-02-12, 04:06 PM
Supposedly the 75 micron will give you the best for the batch. I just got a four bag system and can't wait to try it.

illearth67
06-02-12, 08:55 PM
Well guys I have succeeded in making my first bubble hash and feeling very chuffed atm. I only had about an ounce of trim so I'm happy with a couple of grams cos I know it's about a 10% conversion rate.
I'm happy with the bags they did a good job of extracting what little resin there was from those leaves and it's better than throwing them away that's for sure.
So it's drying now and I can't wait until it gets crumbly enough to smoke cos I know it should have even higher THC content than most skunk so ought to be very nice.
So I'm defo happy I got the bags it give you even more to look forward to when you harvest a plant.:stoned-smilie:
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/HPIM1182.JPG

illearth67
08-02-12, 03:40 PM
Just to let you guys know I've smoked some bubble hash now and it's awesome. :bong:
It took about a day too get crumbly enough to smoke but man it was well worth the effort to get even that small amount.
This stuff is strong guys and I kid you not it is even stronger than my amnesia haze and that is over 20% THC! It's been a long time since I used a hash pipe but this stuff melts like butter and a pleasure to smoke so get bubbling guys!:stoned-smilie:

TC-UP
08-02-12, 04:20 PM
Nice one illearth67
I might just have to get some of these bags.
How long did it take to make the hash?
Did the bags take a long time to drain?

TC-UP

C21H30O2
08-02-12, 04:49 PM
Just to let you guys know I've smoked some bubble hash now and it's awesome. :bong:
It took about a day too get crumbly enough to smoke but man it was well worth the effort to get even that small amount.
This stuff is strong guys and I kid you not it is even stronger than my amnesia haze and that is over 20% THC! It's been a long time since I used a hash pipe but this stuff melts like butter and a pleasure to smoke so get bubbling guys!:stoned-smilie:

isnt hash like mainly pure thc as its the thc leaked from the buds landing no the lower parts of the plant you then stick them threw the bags with ice to get the hash. so it would be more stronger?

illearth67
08-02-12, 08:13 PM
Nice one illearth67
I might just have to get some of these bags.
How long did it take to make the hash?
Did the bags take a long time to drain?

TC-UP

Hi m8 it took me less than 1 hour to make the hash from start to finish it's really very simple process. Provided you have plenty of ice on hand everything should go smoothly.
I've since found out that the best way to prepare your trim is to freeze it fresh rather than drying it first cos this helps the trichomes break off and sink to the bottom.
Here's the best vid I could find showing how to do it so I suggest following this if your a noob at it like me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDT8FZFnueQ

illearth67
08-02-12, 08:18 PM
isnt hash like mainly pure thc as its the thc leaked from the buds landing no the lower parts of the plant you then stick them threw the bags with ice to get the hash. so it would be more stronger?

Yes m8 as I understand it the bubble hash is almost pure THC but exactly how pure is any one's guess. I suppose it all depends on how much and how good the trim you use is and also how many bags it passes through.

illearth67
08-02-12, 08:22 PM
C21H30O2 I just figured out how you got your username nice one m8 lol:stoned-smilie:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C21H30O2

Murdock
08-02-12, 08:24 PM
if you give the mix a quick stir for a couple of mins then work with that , you,ll get better quality hash, the reason for this is the heaviest (which are ripest) trichomes fall off firse (under 4 degrees) , also when i,ve made my hash i squeeze it on a paper towel then pop into the freezer, the reason for this is when its freezing its drawing the moisture out as it expands , give it a few hours in freezer then rub any ice off and let dry in room temp

blazefor20
08-02-12, 08:30 PM
Nice tip Pieman. I tried mine out on early bud trim...just a small amount, but enough to get a taste. Its the bomb. Well worth the small price and the one gallon is alot less messy than the big 5 gallon ones.

illearth67
08-02-12, 08:33 PM
if you give the mix a quick stir for a couple of mins then work with that , you,ll get better quality hash, the reason for this is the heaviest (which are ripest) trichomes fall off firse (under 4 degrees) , also when i,ve made my hash i squeeze it on a paper towel then pop into the freezer, the reason for this is when its freezing its drawing the moisture out as it expands , give it a few hours in freezer then rub any ice off and let dry in room temp

Yes m8 I think it's best to hand stir cos apparently an egg whisk will damage the trichomes and reduce the quality of the hash. As you say it's best to freeze the hash after pressing it then allow it to dry at room temp until it gets crumbly which was about 1 day for me.
Watch the end of the vid I posted it shows exactly how to do it.

illearth67
15-03-12, 04:23 PM
Just thought I'd keep you bubble hash freaks updated with my latest attempts. So I've kept learning and saving my frozen trim in anticipation of the day I'd have enough to try again and boy was it worth the wait.:)
So today I had everything ready and spent a good 1/2 hour really getting into mixing the ice/trim until both my arms ached lol. But my efforts have not gone in vain guys check the top pic below to see just how well I did. I got 6.5g of bubble from 42g of trim so this was by far my best conversion rate and I'm absolutely delighted tbh.
Just to make you guys even more jealous the bottom pic shows bubble hash I made 2 weeks ago I've left curing and tonight I am going to have me a good old toke and it should be something really special cos even uncured bubble is very potent.:bong:
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/HPIM1185.JPG
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/HPIM1186.JPG

VMAX
15-03-12, 04:35 PM
sweet, ive ordered me bags and got 3 carrier bags of fresh frozen popcorn. cant wait man!
mind you ive got the best smelling frezzer around,lol.

illearth67
15-03-12, 05:14 PM
sweet, ive ordered me bags and got 3 carrier bags of fresh frozen popcorn. cant wait man!
mind you ive got the best smelling frezzer around,lol.

With that much trim you will need to do a few runs if you're using the 1 gallon bags and you'll need serious amounts of ice so be prepared.
The best advice I can give you is to make sure the trim is frozen and make sure you break the ice into as small pieces as possible using an ice pick or something.
The finer the ice particles the better results you will get from the stirring and the more you stir the more bubble you'll get. Take your time and if you're arms hurt take a break but make sure to keep the ice/trim mix as cold as possible at all times. I did it in the kitchen and I switched off the radiator and opened the window before starting to keep the whole environment as cold as possible. It got so cold I had to put on a hat and gloves but it's all worth it in the end VMAX good luck.:stoned-smilie:

VMAX
15-03-12, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the tips.:)
the ice we buy here is huge so ill smash it up first,cool and the spare room is kin frezzing so thats where ill be found on the day:)

that vid was a great find btw.
ya know i thought the 220 bag would of been the finest.
did you use tap water? i read its best to use bottled but canny remember where i read it..

illearth67
15-03-12, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the tips.:)
the ice we buy here is huge so ill smash it up first,cool and the spare room is kin frezzing so thats where ill be found on the day:)

that vid was a great find btw.
ya know i thought the 220 bag would of been the finest.
did you use tap water? i read its best to use bottled but canny remember where i read it..
Yes subcool's bubble hash vid is awesome I follow his procedure exactly and I suggest you do the same. I used normal tapwater in my mix but tbh you shouldn't need a lot of water just enough to make the mix slushy enough to stir.
Try and use as little water as possible VMAX cos no matter how cold it is it will always raise the temp of the mix and you don't want that.
Please post your results here m8 I'm curious how much bubble you'd get from that huge amount of trim, have you weighed it btw?

VMAX
15-03-12, 06:01 PM
just weighed it and i have 1kg, bear in mind its wet and frozen. i recon half a bag a go?
yeah mate, when the bags turn up im on it,lol.

illearth67
15-03-12, 06:07 PM
just weighed it and i have 1kg, bear in mind its wet and frozen. i recon half a bag a go?
yeah mate, when the bags turn up im on it,lol.

My god VMAX if that is decent trim you are going to be THC's bubble hash king m8!:stoned-smilie:
I think even half a bag might be too much but it depends. watch the vid again and you'll see how much subcool uses that is about the most 1 gallon bags can handle at one go.
If everything goes well you can expect at least 100g of bubble from that VMAX and poss a lot more. How long did it take to save all that trim m8?

VMAX
15-03-12, 06:53 PM
its just off this grow,lol. they where trees so i only trimmed up main colas and dried them.
everything else(popcorn and suger leaves) went in the bags.
bugger, i looked at the 5 gallon bags aswell....:)

illearth67
16-03-12, 12:21 AM
its just off this grow,lol. they where trees so i only trimmed up main colas and dried them.
everything else(popcorn and suger leaves) went in the bags.
bugger, i looked at the 5 gallon bags aswell....:)

Wow nice one m8 the popcorn bud makes very good bubble hash btw so you can look forward to getting very,very stoned when you've finished.
If you're going to be working with such large amounts of trim regularly then the 5 gallon bags are defo the way to go cos you could probably do your 1kg in 2 or 3 runs.
Even better you might want to invest in a bubble hash machine like the one in the vid below they're really not so expensive. I am dying to know how much bubble you're going to get. Btw I smoked a bong of the cured bubble I showed you earlier and it is every bit as good as it looks m8.:bong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaNoMORzy4w

VMAX
16-03-12, 01:28 PM
ha ha ha, my nan used to have of them,lol. twin tub she called it. dodgy old cow was making hash!!!!

jesus man, they are 500 bucks! time to tap up nan.

illearth67
16-03-12, 01:41 PM
ha ha ha, my nan used to have of them,lol. twin tub she called it. dodgy old cow was making hash!!!!

jesus man, they are 500 bucks! time to tap up nan.

Hi VMAX you can actually get 5 gallon hash machines on ebay for as little as £64($84) have a look at this link (http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Gal-Ice-Hash-Exactor-Bubble-Bag-Machine-1-Zipper-Filter-bag-pollen-press-/130664015184?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e6c2ea550). The only problem is it would have to come through customs cos it ships from canada but not sure if they are actually legal in the UK?

katy
17-03-12, 05:26 PM
Hey illearth,

be sure to put the wet trim back in the freezer and run it through the bags again, I find that I get almost as much hash from the second run as the first.

The trim from the second run can be used as a smoking mixture if anyone is giving up smoking or you want to make joints without tobacco.

I now run my trim through the kenwood cheff with the plastic blade and sift through a sieve to collect dry hash. This is put into plastic, wrapped in a damp towel and pressed and compacted with a warm iron to make fantastic hash!

The rest of the trim is sent through the bubble bags, twice, still get a lot more with a second run!

I will try to do a photo diary when this years harvest is dried

honest john
17-03-12, 06:19 PM
are these bags reuseable, i have just had a look on the net and they are pretty exspensive

katy
17-03-12, 11:21 PM
are these bags reuseable, i have just had a look on the net and they are pretty exspensive
yeah, the bubblebags are really tough and well made.
I use four 5 gallon bags, i prefer the second and third bags the most but the fourth is more concentrated.

The best of all of it is the dry blender hash though!!:smokie:

illearth67
18-03-12, 02:05 PM
Hey illearth,

be sure to put the wet trim back in the freezer and run it through the bags again, I find that I get almost as much hash from the second run as the first.

The trim from the second run can be used as a smoking mixture if anyone is giving up smoking or you want to make joints without tobacco.

I now run my trim through the kenwood cheff with the plastic blade and sift through a sieve to collect dry hash. This is put into plastic, wrapped in a damp towel and pressed and compacted with a warm iron to make fantastic hash!

The rest of the trim is sent through the bubble bags, twice, still get a lot more with a second run!

I will try to do a photo diary when this years harvest is dried

Thanks katy I didn't know if it would be worth while running the trim through the bags twice and I've composted it now but I'll be sure to keep hold of it next time.
I'll need to learn how to make canna butter next so I can make even more use out of what I used to foolishly think of as "waste". Cannabis is without doubt one of the most useful plants on Earth even after 18 years it never ceases to amaze me.:stoned-smilie:

illearth67
18-03-12, 02:10 PM

Yes as Katy says the bags are re usable and I've used my 1 gallon bags 3 times now. The best way to clean your bags after use is to soak the mesh in isopropyl alcohol otherwise the residue from the last hash run will clog the mesh and make draining much slower than it has to be.
It's also a good idea to remove any bits of stem from your trim that might damage the bags during the stirring.

Mr Swilly
18-03-12, 04:46 PM
For me the 90 micron gave me the best. Surprising to me was the lower the micron , the worse the hash was.
With the 90 micron I got a very sticky hash, the 20 micron was just tiny leaf matter and was green.

illearth67
19-03-12, 05:06 PM
For me the 90 micron gave me the best. Surprising to me was the lower the micron , the worse the hash was.
With the 90 micron I got a very sticky hash, the 20 micron was just tiny leaf matter and was green.

Interesting you should say that cos I got good hash from all the bags my mesh sizes are 160, 120, 75 and 20 microns. The 20 micron bag took longest to drain and gave me the least but it was good quality full melt bubble hash.:bong:
I have heard that each skunk strain deposits different amounts of hash in each bag so I think this bears that out?

katy
19-03-12, 08:24 PM
When the screen gets really small, is the harvest just captate glands?

If so, is it vapourising rather than burning?

just off to try an experiment!!

katy
19-03-12, 08:32 PM
:stoned-smilie:.....yeah, gets you just as stoned!!............:smokie::smokie:

Mr Swilly
19-03-12, 09:03 PM
Interesting you should say that cos I got good hash from all the bags my mesh sizes are 160, 120, 75 and 20 microns. The 20 micron bag took longest to drain and gave me the least but it was good quality full melt bubble hash.:bong:
I have heard that each skunk strain deposits different amounts of hash in each bag so I think this bears that out?

Indeed it does, if you are right, which is highly likely. Makes sense if there is no sweetspot on the micron bag size, if the size of trichomes is strain dependant. I guess you have just answered your own question then.

illearth67
21-03-12, 12:02 AM
When the screen gets really small, is the harvest just captate glands?

If so, is it vapourising rather than burning?

just off to try an experiment!!

Hi katy yes I think the 20 micron screen is defo too small to capture whole trichomes so I assume it must be only the trichome heads that make it into that bag?
Anyway as you said it bubbles up nicely and gets me at least as stoned as the hash from the larger mesh sizes so the 20 micron bag is OK in my book.
You'll know the bubble hash is very good quality even before it hits you cos it vaporizes leaving little residue on the gauze.:bong:

lostorstolen
21-03-12, 06:15 AM
Hey m8 I love my bags I have the 8 bag 5 gallon ones and have had them for almost 2 years as long as you stay away from the metal mixing utensils and use wooden spoons,keep them clean after each use they last a very long time. I am in agreement with the fact I believe its strain dependant cause I've had some killer bubble from some strains and then some stuff that was good. Don't get me wrong the good stuff was good just not as good as the killer if that makes any sense lol. I run my trim 3 times through the bags waste not want not,gets a little less each time but there is still enough there on the third run to make it all worth while. Peace.

VMAX
27-03-12, 12:16 PM
Im going in. its sitting the fridge at the mo all iced up.

this is one of the bags of trim, i weighed out 2x 100g for my first go.

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP2176.JPG

lets see what i get:)

VMAX
27-03-12, 02:00 PM
:) quite impressed with my first go.
might try 300g next go, what do you guys think?
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP2178.JPG

TC-UP
27-03-12, 02:32 PM
Looks good to me.
I bought sine a few weeks ago and tried them out with some trim I had and was very impressed with the results.
But I am running low on stocks of cannabutter so the next couple of trim will have to go into that.

TC-UP

Talpa
27-03-12, 04:37 PM
Happy Dayz dude.

VMAX
04-04-12, 08:57 PM
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMGP2204.JPG
sorry, a bit wankered to comment,lol:stoned-smilie:

BIGCH33S3
04-04-12, 10:21 PM
Nice haul vmax looks nice mate.
Gonna be chopping ten blue cheese on saturday so I'll be having ago at making some too.
Where did you order your bags from.
Thanks
BC

VMAX
05-04-12, 06:26 AM
Nice haul vmax looks nice mate.
Gonna be chopping ten blue cheese on saturday so I'll be having ago at making some too.
Where did you order your bags from.
Thanks
BC

cheers mate, i thinks there is more somewhere,lol.

i ordered mine off ebay, think they came from canada.

cool diary bro, some nice close ups.