PDA

View Full Version : Where would you expell the air

clubberlang
07-02-12, 07:47 PM
Im going to set up my grow room pretty soon just gotta solve a flooding problem 1st and i have 2 possibilities where i could send my outline fan. The first being the easiest is my window. But then i would have to draw air in here also. The second is maybe cutting a hole in the highlighted area and sending it up the chimney. Now i dont really know how safe this would be and i dunno whats behind those boards tbh. Maybe theres a big slab that the chimney sits on im not sure. So im leaning towards the window and just expelling and taking in from the same place buy opposite sides.

Murdock
07-02-12, 07:51 PM
are you building a room within a room ? if so then just expel it out the grow room into cellar, this will help keeping it warm too, i would,nt be using a window for security reasons,

clubberlang
07-02-12, 08:05 PM
Hi again pieman i wasnt going to build a room in a room just in case i cant solve the flooding problem and i need to use the pallets to lift everything up off the floor. Would you build a room? Like the timber framed ones with plastic sheeting? Or chipboard? Or plasterboard?

Murdock
07-02-12, 08:10 PM
yea it looks a bit big to grow really unless your thinking of growing big which i,m sure your not, my room is a room built in a loft 2 1/2m x 2m and thats a good size for 2 x 600hps anything bigger then i,d be wasting light and struggling with heat

a board of plasterboard is 2.4m x 1.2 so try work it with that

Tabbatha
07-02-12, 08:10 PM
I vent from my bedroom into my living room, and as such save a fortune in heating bills. Don't know if that's practical for you, clubber, but it's a good way to save energy and it TOTALLY avoids any probems with heat signatures as my whole flat is of a reasonably even temperature.

:)

clubberlang
07-02-12, 09:05 PM
Not gonna grow big no just got a 12 pot IWS system and im gonna grow either 9 or 10 most likely 9 what with the law and not getting banged up for it.
I dont think i could expel from the cellar to the living room because of visitors and i dont want anyone to click on.
Maybe building a room is gonna be the best option ill look into prices as im a little low on funds after buying my equipment.

Tabbatha
07-02-12, 09:31 PM
Hmmm.. if that option is out then expeling into the exterior room should be ok. If it's an outside room (if I'm seeing your pics right) then the cool temps of the exterior air should keep a nice balance inside the grow room. That's been my experience to date. It's the lights-off period that you'll need to be wary of. A small heater of some kind during lights-off will be an important consideration.

A chimney would - in my humble opinion - be a safe place to vent because a chimney would be expected to be warm by the flying pigs.

So long as the air is going out of the grow area (the room in a room) I wouldn't be concerned about anything chimney related (so long as it was still an open chimney).

That would only cause me concern - if it was used as the air intake because god knows what crap would find its way into the grow area. Outake, though... can't see a problem with it. Many growrs use their chimney effectively.

:)

clubberlang
07-02-12, 09:42 PM
Thinking about it i could maybe knock a hole in the wall opposite the window. The leads to a 3ft space under the front room of my house its a kinda crawl space ive checked it before.
Ive got a little electric radiator aswell that i used for my tent before but it might be abit to small for my planned space.

Tabbatha
07-02-12, 10:01 PM
^^ PERFECT!! Under the house is probably one of the best places to vent because it just blends in with the home heat.

Can't comment on your rad because it may well still be ok. I use a 350w wall heater for my bedroom and that keeps me ok for lights-off temps. But for some reason - although I'm happy to pay for a kw of light - I really resent the cost of that little heater at lights off. :D

clubberlang
07-02-12, 10:59 PM
This is like the rad ive got

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml06/06044.jpg

And i think ill vent like i proposed seems the best option. And visitors go smoke in my garden so they mightve noticed a fan expelling air from the window.

Tabbatha
07-02-12, 11:00 PM
1500W!!!

I can't see you struggling with heat if that's placed near the intake vent. :)

clubberlang
08-02-12, 12:20 AM
Dunno if mines 1500w but its like the picture im not setting up for at least a month so ive plenty of planning time ;)

Heath's Deciple
08-02-12, 12:29 AM
i would vent in from the window, exhaust with filter out under house, use the full room with vertical bulbs instead of reflectors for less heat and more light output, raise everything off the floor, also use a sump pump in case of flooding, and i would grow useing a recric setup in the celler any day,

good luck what ever you do mate..