View Full Version : Wormery

coner
08-02-12, 07:28 PM
Does anyone have there own wormery?

Ganesha
08-02-12, 09:56 PM
See here, save a lot of bother & searching:

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?9861-Worm-farms

It's a sticky in the Organic Growers bit.

:)

coner
09-02-12, 12:04 AM
Thanks, I did try a search...

chillyerboots
10-02-12, 08:10 PM
they are such fun coner, i do these with my kids... :)

TIKTOK
10-02-12, 08:39 PM
I've been meaning to set one up for three years now and got as far as clearing a space at the back lol. There's an old barn down the road from me and it's full of composted cow dung (at least 20 tonnes of the stuff). It's been there years and is full of worms, they look like the tiger worms and you can pull them out by the handful. The trouble is my "list of things to do" gets bigger by the day especially with spring just around the corner........must do better!

Mr Swilly
10-02-12, 09:34 PM
I don't like the idea of worms in the house. I get free horseshit locally. If I threw a hundred worms into a bag of horseshit, would that work as a worm farm outside?
Similililarly..
Is there anyway to attract bats? Like a bird table for bats? To collect their shit. ( and shoot em with my spud gun).

Ganesha
11-02-12, 02:21 AM
Can't attract bats they just come. I am blessed. They come to me every year & roost in my kitchen cavity wall to have their babies. Then they fledge them & fuck off for the rest of the year. It's wonderful when they all swoop around my back door teaching the little ones to fly & hunt, I can watch them for hours.

Then after a few short weeks they decamp to another roost & I don't see them again for the rest of the year.

But they come back for the next round a year later. I love it! Bat City at my place every May/June.

Great stuff. :) :) :)

Never posted pics though - have you ever tried to capture a bat with a bog-standard digital camera? Well then...

weedlover
29-02-12, 07:05 PM
I have a wormery!