PDA

View Full Version : How long?

lil rasta
22-02-12, 08:14 PM
How long from balls forming do i have to wait for my pollen cant find it out anywere other than yay long. How long does it normally take you after 12/12.

cheers

Grub
22-02-12, 08:18 PM
It's usually anything from 14-21 days after spotting the balls 'til they release pollen mate. That said it can be strain dependent too, I had a Lemon Stinky release pollen about a week after spotting his balls.

Hillbilly
22-02-12, 11:51 PM
What Grub said, you might pick the first ones off so when your ready to breed it it will drop more pollen at one time! I for the most part keep the males and girls together for a week then chop the male, gets the job done and all the seeds ripen close to each other.

lil rasta
24-02-12, 11:28 PM
Cheers better move it now then

blue cheese
24-02-12, 11:38 PM
im intrested in trying breeding my plants in the future when is the best time to put a male in beside the females and how big do the females need to be

lil rasta
25-02-12, 12:54 PM
about 2/3 weeks into flowering dude

TheCandyManCan
25-02-12, 08:19 PM
My BR males dropped pollen just after a week of 12/12. I tried to collect some pollen but Im not sure what I got lol I was so scared of getting pollen everywhere I'm not sure I got any viable stuff to use... We will see in a couple of weeks.

Hillbilly
29-02-12, 03:51 AM
If it drops on it's own it's good but how you store it could kill it too. I can tell you from the BR male it can get everywhere even on you to spread to girls you have in different building luckily for me nothing I'm worried about got pollen on them, and the ones that did I just picked off the few beans!

TheCandyManCan
29-02-12, 01:11 PM
Im not storing it well mate so maybe it will all go to shit which would be a shame.

Mr Pothead
03-07-12, 02:36 PM
Exactly what I was wondering, so how long after pollination does it take for seeds to.ripen?
Iv got an afghani#1 male by the looks of things so its game on for breeding :)

BIGCH33S3
03-07-12, 05:42 PM
Just pollenated a branch on an amnesia with some pollen from Hilly's WW x Vortex. Pistils started browning a few hrs later.
Will keep you updated.:)