PDA

View Full Version : Double scrog?

Beezerk
03-03-12, 01:41 PM
Is it plausible to use another scrog screen to keep my girls at bay?
They're just over a week into flowering and the screen is just about filled already, I'm worred I won't have enough height though.
Has anyone ever tried putting another screen on top to train them again or will it just mess up the buds?

Forest
03-03-12, 01:49 PM
i dont see it working
you need train them under the screen for about 9 days after flip and then let them go , i would just keep training, another screen will stop the light getting down and fuck up anything under the top screen you only have a day of two to still train and they will get to 12/14 inch ish above the screen in the end
if you got to many tips cut them off is a simple solution
a pic would help

Beezerk
03-03-12, 02:02 PM
Cheers mate, I did supercrop a couple of branches to see how they reacted and seemed to go ok.

Forest
03-03-12, 02:03 PM
super croping is always a good way , to keep the canopy hight every if you in a bind

Beezerk
03-03-12, 02:23 PM
Just had a quick trim and re-arrange, much happier now, funny how a bit of work can make things seem much clearer.
Can't have been thinking straight earlier, then again it was a heavy night on the green :smokie:

Forest
03-03-12, 02:25 PM
lol np bro in my scrogs i defoliate the big fans to make more room when needed , it can give you a much better prospective

crispypancakes
03-03-12, 02:44 PM
do you remove the big fans when vegging? i seem to have a lot of leaf if you can see on my pics 97189971909719197192

these were taken a few days ago, it's seriously bushy under there, should i start trimming a few of the larger leaves away now?

Forest
03-03-12, 02:53 PM
i do remove them if i need more room, and slowly through veg/flower i remove all the underskirt, as once in flower you dont need them and they create more rh,and it will increase air flow though there , if you do it, do it slowly to much and the plants will slow down a bit until they recover form the shock, it looks like you need that screen raising a bit to give them more room i keep my screen at about 12/14 inches above the plants but if you dont have the room it goes where it has to
hope that helps bro

looking at the last pic they are fine, i only take them off if its needed as the leaves are what collects the light for growth

crispypancakes
03-03-12, 03:02 PM
looks much different now even after a few days, the space is limited. I've a few more weeks to go before flipping but it's always good to get a second or third opinion.

nice one.

Mr Bloom
03-03-12, 03:03 PM
Nice grow crispy.

Forest
03-03-12, 03:06 PM
scrogs are so much better once you know the strain, the first time is hit and miss once you decide the let them go, if you dont know the stretch of the strain, grow it a second time it is so much easier,

good luck to both of you

crispypancakes
03-03-12, 03:08 PM
Im using the ultra slow growing Big Bud strain, but i can tell the yeild will be high even now before the flip! Gonna try Super Lemon Haze next.