PDA

View Full Version : Miracle Gro Perlite for Hempy?

Sheila
24-03-12, 02:16 PM
The only Perlite I can find where I live is Scotts with Miracle Gro added to it. Appears they have the market covered here.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=100664

Would this be bad to use for a Hempy?

Thanks,
Abby

C21H30O2
24-03-12, 08:01 PM
Order on line per liter green spirts hydroponic its dirt Cheap and deilver next day

Sheila
25-03-12, 05:28 PM
I found Green Spirit Hydrogardens in the USA...It's 4 cubic feet for $40.95. That seems steep to me.

There is a Green Spirit's in the UK though they have 100 liters for $15.99 but I think the shipping would kill the price all the way to the USA.

Thank you for your suggestion.
Abby

tricone
25-03-12, 05:32 PM
I was going to say perlite is just perlite, but I googled it and the miracle gro has added nutrients. It might need flushing or pHing

Forest
25-03-12, 05:34 PM
has it ? ive used it, it was fine but it was cut in to coco hempys

tricone
25-03-12, 05:43 PM
It seems to, not sure how much. Jusy pasted this from this site scott's (http://www.scotts.com/smg/catalog/productTemplate.jsp?proId=prod70256&itemId=cat50154)

The Overview
Use in containers to help prevent soil compaction and promote strong root development
Enriched with Miracle-Gro® Plant Food for beautiful plants
Excellent for starting cuttings and storing bulbs
Improves drainage and aeration in potting mixes

Maybe in coco it was diluted enough to be fine. Haven't used it myself so can't say for sure but just as a warning a pure perlite mix may cause a problem if you use this. I would flush it just in case, it should be washed anyway to get rid of the dust.

Forest
25-03-12, 05:45 PM
must have there granules in , i would avoid it then op there plenty of others in the garden centres

Sheila
25-03-12, 05:53 PM
I have a bag of it here and it's .04% - .01% - .06% : Derived from ammonium nitrate, ammonium phosphate, calcium phosphate, and potassium sulfate.

I'm not much on fertilizer knowledge but that seems very weak.

Forest
25-03-12, 05:57 PM
if you doing a hemp mix it with coco , you can get small coco blocks from the pet store they are compressed for snakes and such
coc hempy are much better and dont need watering all the time as it hold far more water

70% coco 30% perlite

it will be granular you may be able to sieve it out

Sheila
30-06-12, 06:57 PM
So 3 months later I am getting around to my first hempy. I thought why not as I have bags and bags of perlite that I quit using when I switched over my soil grows to Fox Farms.

If it is totally screwed I'm out a clone, and a 5 gallon bucket. I planted her on Thursday night and i swear she's grown a couple inches already. If I get this one through flowering to harvest I'll post an update in this thread of it.

Sheila

C21H30O2
30-06-12, 07:44 PM
I found Green Spirit Hydrogardens in the USA...It's 4 cubic feet for $40.95. That seems steep to me.

There is a Green Spirit's in the UK though they have 100 liters for $15.99 but I think the shipping would kill the price all the way to the USA.

Abby

not same place green spirts hydroponics are uk based

C21H30O2
30-06-12, 07:46 PM

Abby

not same place green spirts hydroponics are uk based

Sheila
15-07-12, 06:29 PM
Ok so 17 days since putting the clone in the hempy. I have been using soil nutes as I have not gone to the hydro store yet. They opened a new one (only one) in town where I work. I think it's time as the leaf coloring is off so I'd like to visit tomorrow. She's growing faster than any plant I have had so far and i really want this to go well.

What would you guys recommend? I have been researching it and am very confused.

Sheila
09-09-12, 08:42 PM
Update: I fertilized this plant one time after that post and burnt the ever loving hell right out of it. Have not fertilized since. Plant is doing well considering it's only had plain water for the last 2 months almost.

Do you guys think it's possible that because the perlite has ferts in it that it should be able to grow a plant with no additional fertilizer at all? If not I don't know what is keeping her alive. She's on day 36 of flowering.

Thanks,
Sheila

Sheila
09-09-12, 08:55 PM
Sorry I forgot to post the picture with that:

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=134940&d=1347220478

lemonskunk
09-09-12, 08:59 PM
i use that same perlite and its fine. The fert charge is too weak to do any damage

kyg
09-09-12, 09:04 PM
looking good sheila..i wouldnt worry about it..u seen my threads of super lemon haze and KY assasin Kush,,i only used mgro and mine look as good if not better then some on here...the NPK is all anyone is after so it doesnt matter the name..i'll contine to use mgro on mine in the years to come as well...gl

Sheila
09-09-12, 09:05 PM
i use that same perlite and its fine. The fert charge is too weak to do any damage

What nutes do you use?

Sheila
09-09-12, 09:06 PM
looking good sheila..i wouldnt worry about it..u seen my threads of super lemon haze and KY assasin Kush,,i only used mgro and mine look as good if not better then some on here...the NPK is all anyone is after so it doesnt matter the name..i'll contine to use mgro on mine in the years to come as well...gl

I use Miracle Gro Tomato Feed for soil grows and it had been working well until lately on one strain. Did you use MG in a Hempy? For some reason I'm thinking you were doing soil grows?

kyg
09-09-12, 09:14 PM
I use Miracle Gro Tomato Feed for soil grows and it had been working well until lately on one strain. Did you use MG in a Hempy? For some reason I'm thinking you were doing soil grows?

no i dont do hempy..i suppose its alot differnt..damn girl u are growing ever which way they are arent ya...llol well done

Sheila
09-09-12, 09:23 PM
no i dont do hempy..i suppose its alot differnt..damn girl u are growing ever which way they are arent ya...llol well done

This is the kind of crap that got me in trouble when I was younger. If it won't kill you (or it might) lets try it at least one time!

Right now I have soil, a hempy, and my first outdoor bush. I have not attempted Hydro yet because to be honest I am not disciplined enough to do it. Next I think I want to try a SCROG but I'm going to have to upgrade some space in the dungeon.

lemonskunk
09-09-12, 09:53 PM
i use fox farm nutes

swordfishtrombone
09-09-12, 10:14 PM
Sheila if you are unsure about other nutes why not see if adding some molasses will give her buds a boost...mine seem to be enjoying it so far.