PDA

View Full Version : How Cannabinoids breakdown with heat.

Mr Bloom
30-03-12, 09:13 AM
Found this and thought it was interesting.
Credit to - gogrow.

At 21°C (70°F) the most volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, creating recognisable odours.

At 31°C (87°F) the less volatile terpenoids start to evaporate, lending the air even more pungent odors.

At 39°C (102°F ) virtually all of the terpenoids undergo evaporation fairly rapidly.

At 50°C (122°F) THC-Acid decarboxylates as the water molecule held in the carbonate form evaporates. This activates the THC.

At 66°C (150°F) Cannabidiol (CBD) melts and starts to evaporate.

At 185°C (365°F) Cannibinol (CBN) boils.

At 200°C (392°F) THC boils. Clear vapor from a vaporizer.

glasshopper
17-04-12, 07:42 AM
Mr Bloom is ace! n I am sure your a friend of mine(in disguise) with all those skateboards in the background :) lol

Mr Bloom
17-04-12, 08:22 AM
Mr Bloom is ace! n I am sure your a friend of mine(in disguise) with all those skateboards in the background :) lol

Skateboards? I'm freaked officially out lmao.

glasshopper
17-04-12, 09:46 AM
Shh shh its just between you n me lol n the rest of that tinterweb ... I am interested in the numbers so cheers for that info

OG

Mr Bloom
17-04-12, 10:41 AM
Lol. You better PM me who you are cos your doing my head in lol. Your a northerner (tinterweb) so I probably do know you.

A northerner.
A toker.
Likes 'boards.
Has pipes.

Doesn't leave many choices of who it can be mate ;)

What shoes do you wear lmao.

glasshopper
17-04-12, 05:15 PM
Lol. You better PM me who you are cos your doing my head in lol. Your a northerner (tinterweb) so I probably do know you.

A northerner.
A toker.
Likes 'boards.
Has pipes.

Doesn't leave many choices of who it can be mate ;)

What shoes do you wear lmao.

Sounds like most peeps I know up North any ho lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA8DsUN6g_k

OG