PDA

View Full Version : help my seedlings keep dying

ronnie-redeye
09-12-08, 02:12 AM
after 8 weeks of trying im about to give up.my seedlings keepdying or not lookin v healthy any way they grow well for a week or 2 then start to get brown or yellow leaves then in the end dry up and die they have never really got any taller than 8cm its like they get this tall then stop growing my grow space is 1mx1mx6ft i have 2 pc fans outtake n 1 intake all on power packs of there own i have a fan inside to circulate the air not using it at the moment i have a 200w invirolamp and a 400w hps that im also not using at the moment my temps are normal at 75d max so its not that and im using multipurpose compost with a 4 to 1 mix perlite,18/6hours. ive read and tried to follow the advice on the forum using the light charts ive tried exspirmenting with different light set ups even tried the 2 lamps at the same time at different hieghts too but im geting nowhere what am i doing wrong please help im a new grower

ronnie-redeye
09-12-08, 02:30 AM
yes i would like to repot them in some better compost i just dont think they will survive and they are my last seeds and i dont think im going to buy anymore

light-me
09-12-08, 02:48 PM
Yes you should use soil specifically for seedlings really. I used the same soil as BlueFingers, its not expensive and it vegged the plants very nicely. Well I used the peat-mix version but the same thing really apart from the peat being in there.

Munkeyboi
09-12-08, 03:58 PM
Hello ronnie,

sorry to hear your not doing so well, but take heart, look at my signature!!

I've killed over £100, nearly £200 worth of seed. I'm still at it.

What you gonna do? Give up n buy shite gear from dealers and punks?

Strap on a pair lad and try again and again and again. this place is great for advice, the chat rooms are friendly too and helpful.

I'm a utter newbie at this, but im a few weeks away from my first harvest, so it can work lol.

I feel for you, been there done it got the t-shirt.

PM me with your address and i shall send you a few swazi seed to practice on. Check link at bottom of my sig to see what you'll hopefully be growing :)

ronnie-redeye
09-12-08, 05:10 PM
yes the forum is very helpfull i just thought id try it and not get too swampt with info looks like i need all i can get now,im going to repot the few i have left into some compost thats for seedlings and cuttings it may kill them but what have i got to loose.ive had a mate who is a top grower have a look at my grow room he says all is well just let em grow but i must be doing somthing wrong for them to look this small and unhealthy also im still going to check em every hour or so i think the is ocd syndrome lol

TheLandOfGrit
09-12-08, 10:37 PM
I not sure to the reason exectly why your seeds are dieing but cannabis plants are tough and will not die unless your killing the is some way or enother

Heres a few things to keep right for your seeds/clones .

Your soil as every one has already said would be the 1st thing .

Keep your soil moist but not wet ( use a spray rather than pour water in) If the soil is left to dry t will die , Same as two much water thats why a spray is best

a humidity dome is always good ive never had a seed or clone die on me yet .You could make one or buy a propagator, coke bottles make a good mini-green house .

Make sure the light is not to close if its to close they will die . I like to sit my seeds in the corner of the room for the 1st few days .

Thats about every thing i can think of .

Hope ya find out what the reason is m8

Monty Bong
09-12-08, 11:12 PM
Is your 200w Enviro Red or Blue spec?

weed heed
09-12-08, 11:31 PM
your room sounds good man and you have plenty of light you should start veggin the plants jist wi the cfl 200 watts is plenty to get it going then move up to the 400 when the seedlings are a wee bit bigger.all the best weed heed

stretch420!!
10-12-08, 11:31 AM
your soil probaly has the wrong ph!! Use only soil made for cannabis like biobizz!! Or canna

ronnie-redeye
11-12-08, 02:07 AM
my invirolite is blue the hps is dual spectrum

ronnie-redeye
11-12-08, 02:12 AM
how much and how often should i spay them ?there in 4 inch pots at the moment and i do em every 3 days i fill the pot up till water runs out the bottom is this wrong