PDA

View Full Version : 600w Tent Grow -

Pages : [1] 2

sweetsinner
21-07-07, 09:22 PM
I never thought I would be able to start my own thread in this part of the forum. But at last, the time has come, and my babies have arrived..

Specs:

1m x 1m 1.8m Grow Tent
250w veg / 600w flower
6" rvk extractor fan & carbon filter
5" rvk intake fan
12" oscillating fan

Soil:

John Innes No2
Westlands with added John Innes

Nutrients

BioBizz Grow
BioBizz Bloom
BioBizz Topmax

Rooted Cuttings:
1 x White widow
1 x possible White Widow
1 x possible ESB
2 x either of the above

Plus a poor little cutting that hasn't rooted yet but I'm not giving up hope on it just yet.

Unfortunately his cuttings got mixed up so he has no idea if they are all white widow, and two of them are already looking quite different. I am really hoping I have an ESB girl in there, as I don't know if anyone has had any experience with this strain, but it was specifically designed for chronic pain sufferers.

They have also been given to me with mites, but beggars can't be choosers and I have waited so long for them to arrive.. *sigh* but they have predators already on them, and they will be sprayed some point next week while I am in hospital.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/diary1.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/diary2.jpg

as you can see the one at the front has a bit of stretching..

Individual Pics to follow... i need a brew *flop*

Edit:
Setup Pics:
The room supported by gaffer tape.. literally ;)
As you can see, the growtent does fill quite alot of my once server room up *chuckle* and I am not sure if the carbon filter has found its forever home inside the tent yet, but it will do for now and I'm happy leaving them for the hospital now.
The extraction ducting is going straight outside the house through the houses original wooden vent, and as this is the self detached side, so its all good.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/gr1.jpghttp://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/gr2.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/gr3.jpghttp://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/gr4a.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/gr4.jpghttp://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/gr5.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/gr6.jpg

Bitterfly
21-07-07, 10:27 PM
wow sweet pics sinner!

its great that you've got everything up and running!!

ill be taking a front row seat on this one:stoned-smilie:

Growz
21-07-07, 10:35 PM
Cool sweets good to see you growing

your set up looks quality

havent heard of ESB but trying to research it just now sounds good

:joint:

slim_tim
21-07-07, 10:44 PM
Wahey finally, Lookin very good there sweets won't be long for those clones to pick up :D

Good luck with your grow, i'll be with you all the way ;)

lewiboy
21-07-07, 11:25 PM
I been waiting for this for so long, sweet you have done so much research you deserve them all to be girls and a great yeild and smoke.

Good luck.:weed::Nice:

radioheaded
22-07-07, 12:19 AM
I know I've missed something, but why can't you just grow from seed? Looking good so far btw :)

sweetsinner
22-07-07, 02:04 AM
I could have, but for some reason it seemed easier at the time getting some cuttings from a local grower...
Thanks for all the comments guys, no doubt I will be needing help at some point *lol*

Had a sneaky peek at them before... is it wrong I want to sleep with them as it seems unreal they are finally here, bugs and all ;)

WTL
22-07-07, 07:55 AM
Woo Hoo, they are there at long last.

Looking good sweet, hope all goes well with this grow. Just think a few months and you could be swimming in bud.

Diaper
22-07-07, 08:07 AM
Nice set-up SweetSinner:greet:

Nice strain selection too:weed:

Don't let those mites get their feet under the table, or you'll be in for a struggle of epic proportions! The way to go is make up a neem oil solution, and actually dip the clones rather than spray them. After dipping they'll need spraying every 3-4 days, and don't stop until you're quite sure the buggers have retreated!

Oh, ESB? :leaf:

asci
22-07-07, 08:29 AM
esb is a very old kick arse sativa (similar rareness to lambsbread). :)

Well done on finally getting it all up and running mate. You just wait till you get home. They will be so much bigger by next week! :D

blue widow
22-07-07, 10:18 AM
hey hey hey mrs ganja farmer!!! :) at last!!! and they look as sweet as u bud!! get those wee shits off ur babies b4 you go into hospital, and you'll have nice little clean babies to come home to!! all the best hun, anything any of us can do to help, u just ask!!!

take it easy pal!! :smokie:

wwwwhhhhhhooooooo hhhhhoooooo SS grow diary!!!

Midnight Toker
22-07-07, 12:47 PM
hey hey .. and she's off !!

nice to see they finally arrived Sweets, that ESB sounds interesting as i've never heard of it before ... really need to get a good sativa going at some point myself.

Setup looking good too.

good luck M8.

D
22-07-07, 12:47 PM
Nice setup and pix Sinner!

Good luck with your grow.

Bet you're well impressed that you finally have your clones :p

sweetsinner
22-07-07, 01:02 PM
Just think a few months and you could be swimming in bud.
Even just a paddle would be very nice :)

The way to go is make up a neem oil solution, and actually dip the clones rather than spray them. After dipping they'll need spraying every 3-4 days, and don't stop until you're quite sure the buggers
Thanks for the kind words and advice Diaper. Wouldn't the live preadators they have on them at the moment not be enough and then with the spraying on weds?

Well done on finally getting it all up and running mate. You just wait till you get home. They will be so much bigger by next week! :D
I don't know if its just me but they already seem bigger today! *glee*

hey hey .. and she's off !!

Why do I feel like a grand national horse *chuckles* Thanks MT, fingers crossed I'll make it to the finishing line.

Riff Raff
22-07-07, 01:30 PM
Congrats on getting your grow up 'n' running sweetsinner.
Looking really nice.

excuse my ignorance, but what does ESB stand for, not heard of it before? :confused:

Show us some pics of the tent and set-up next update please, i'm a sucker for set-up pics.

Your gonna find this little past-time really addictive and ooooh sooooo interesting.

Good growing and good luck.(with everything).:joint:

Diaper
22-07-07, 02:27 PM
I see, predator mites.
I didn't quite catch that, but yes you may have things in hand. Lets hope so, as they're not much fun!
Dipping small clones is very effective, much more so than spraying bigger plants.

Looking at your set-up has me wanting a new box. Mine is one of the originals, without the connections for an intake fan. I could really use one, especially if the summer ever arrives:confused:

sweetsinner
22-07-07, 04:27 PM
excuse my ignorance, but what does ESB stand for, not heard of it before? :confused:

Show us some pics of the tent and set-up next update please, i'm a sucker for set-up pics.

Your gonna find this little past-time really addictive and ooooh sooooo interesting.

Hi Riff Raff, pics will be uploaded of the set up maybe later this week, as yesterday the whole room was moved around 3 times.. and the carbon filter went from inside the tent, to on top of the tent, to back inside again... and there is still a little more to do as the boys are under strict instructions to get the extraction ducting blowing out of the room as when i get that 600w going its just going to be too bloody hot in there...

From the little I have been told about the background of ESB ( i have only managed to smoke it a few times and it has really helped so I'm really keen on hunting down this strain if it turns out I dont have a female of it) that the "ES" is what this guy produced with med experts and the B is that is a x blueberry

I see, predator mites.
I didn't quite catch that, but yes you may have things in hand.
Dipping small clones is very effective, much more so than spraying bigger plants.

Looking at your set-up has me wanting a new box. Mine is one of the originals, without the connections for an intake fan. I could really use one, especially if the summer ever arrives:confused:

If the predators don't do the job is it still possible to dip them? I had a good look at them before and they are looking better than they did yesterday... and no more mites than there was yesterday.. they aren't crawling in them so I hope its going to be under control, I've waited too long to get my own medicial supply growing for some bloody bugs to rock the apple cart - so lets hope those little predators catch the bastards for me..

This box is really good, it cost me £100, I'll upload some more pictures of the tent/set up when I get a chance.

Diaper
22-07-07, 05:10 PM
Well, if those predators do their job you won't have to. They should live until all spidermites/eggs have been eaten, only then will they die off. That'd be your cue to start spraying with neem oil. Keep that up, every 3 days until 2-3 weeks into flower. Then it's fingers crossed, and hope the fuckers don't pop up again:banghead:

Dipping small clones from an infected mother has worked well for me. I had no choice but to take the cuttings, as a month away had seen my mothers given new homes. Compared to battling with the borg infestation on a mature plant, it was much less trying on the hairline:rvmp:

sweetsinner
22-07-07, 07:43 PM
Then it's fingers crossed, and hope the fuckers don't pop up again:banghead:
Fingers & Toes crossed here :)

I've updated the first post to include pics of the set up :)

munkman
22-07-07, 10:13 PM
nice set up good luck!

where did u get your cuttinsg from:stoned-smilie:

Kamikazai
22-07-07, 10:47 PM
Really impressive set-up and the plants look super!

Good luck with the mites... they're a pita.

When the plants are small it's easy to get rid of them but when they are big it's almost impossible.

Can't wait to see more pics once the clones are a little bigger! :)

Bitterfly
23-07-07, 12:35 AM
When the plants are small it's easy to get rid of them but when they are big it's almost impossible.

yeah ive had em twice the bastards!

lkdj2003
23-07-07, 01:18 AM
Congrats Sweet, what a great setup and pic's. Your cuttings are looking very nice and healthy. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Im sure you will be able to keep them mite under control, like diaper said just don't let them take over. Keep on top of the little buggers. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Best of luck with your grow, as i know how much it means to you and how long you have waited for this. Niceeeeeeeee :smokie::pimped::smokie:

It won't be long and that tent will be bursting with buds.. :dance2:

sweetsinner
23-07-07, 01:42 AM
Well im really hoping I can get them under control.. if not make the tent sterile after.
I am really really really regretting my naivety by putting them in the tent after what I have read on the net today. I should have researched first and not gone off someones word., But I trusted his word.... *kicks self*
But fingers, toes and everything else crossed, luck will be on my side.. or that determination will pay off..

lkdj2003
23-07-07, 01:51 AM
Sweet, you are this far in now, chin up mate and take it as it comes from now on in. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

I find thats the best way to deal with growing. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

sweetsinner
23-07-07, 01:54 AM
Mmmmmhmmm *nods*

With my head in the cannabis bible as it has been all night i read...
"you always will make a mistake on your first grow so don't feel too bad"

;) just a shame it was so early on ;);)

But i will make you all proud and turn it around... *gets out superdooper spidermite zapping gun*
I am the green tombraider! ;)

lkdj2003
23-07-07, 02:20 AM
But i will make you all proud and turn it around... *gets out superdooper spidermite zapping gun*
I am the green tombraider! ;)

Niceeeeeee, thats what we like to hear. :smokie:

You will do this mate, as you have shown how determining you are by all the work you have put in already. :greet:

greengiant
23-07-07, 08:53 AM
Looking good there sinner.

I was umming and aahing about your extraction and I'm not sure whether blowing cool air into your room would be better. That way you are guaranteeing that cool air is being pushed into your grow.

Obviously blowing air in from your house, the temperature will depend on how warm your house is.

I've not experimented both ways myself, so not sure. Just a thought though if you do get temp problems.

Good luck mate. I'm sure it'll be a great grow.

Riff Raff
25-07-07, 10:48 AM
Nice set up you got there sweet:mr:

Looking forward to your updated pics.

Hope the critters haven't been having a party while you've been away:kill::party:

Jameo
25-07-07, 11:41 AM
Hey sweet, look at you thinking your all that with your funky setup ;)

I echo everyone elses comments. Very nice setup, pics, and good luck!!!! :)

lowryder
26-07-07, 07:34 PM
Very nice setup there mate everything looks how and where it should be. I cant see u having many probs with the temps. Good luck with the infestation there hope it gets shorted. I will be watching this one :greet:

sweetsinner
30-07-07, 08:46 PM
nice set up good luck!

where did u get your cuttinsg from:stoned-smilie:

a friends who is a grower gave me them :)

Really impressive set-up and the plants look super!

thanks hun :)

I was umming and aahing about your extraction and I'm not sure whether blowing cool air into your room would be better. That way you are guaranteeing that cool air is being pushed into your grow.

Obviously blowing air in from your house, the temperature will depend on how warm your house is.

I've not experimented both ways myself, so not sure. Just a thought though if you do get temp problems.

With it being such a small room and if the extraction filter was blowing into the room rather than outside the intake rvk would be just getting the warm air and just send the recycled air back into the tent, so i thought this way, with the window open, the intake rvk always has a stream of fresh air as an intake, and the room is cooler as the extracted warm air isn't being blown into it.. does this make sense as im a wee bit mashed

.. gonna see what the temps are like tmrw night as its meant to be a hot un tmrw.

update to follow :)

mister.e
30-07-07, 08:52 PM
nice set up very impressive, nice little plants too:)

sweetsinner
30-07-07, 09:02 PM
Update

Group picture of the 5 who made it before the repotting tonight:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/re1.jpg

Today after 10 days vegging under the 250w they have been repotted into their final pots and are now sunning themselves under the 600w.
Last night my room made of ducting became unstuck, ended up with the rvk hanging, and something must have gone off inside as a few of my babies got burnt, but nothing major and all is restuck ;) *laughs*
But you can see the poor babies burn damage, poor things!

I was a little worried about repotting them again so soon, but as you can see they have rooted really well already in the 8" pots so only really repotting them a few days early.

Root ball (gone are the days of nice nails)

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/rootball.jpg

Trippy picture that i like ;) :

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/re1a.jpg

So here they are back in the tent, after a nice drink..

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/re2.jpg

And now its time to get used to the 600w as thats what they will be on for 2 weeks 18/6

sweet x

LAL
30-07-07, 09:06 PM
wow, sweet, they look so healthy, are they sativas?... your gonna get such good results with the set up youve got!!! good luck :)

mister.e
30-07-07, 09:07 PM
very nice, one day ill get myself a setup like this, those plants look so good:jawdrop:

asci
30-07-07, 09:28 PM
Lookin good there matey, oh my how they've grown lol... :)

By the way, at least four of them have been topped I'd say from the pictures..

sweetsinner
30-07-07, 09:51 PM
wow, sweet, they look so healthy, are they sativas?... your gonna get such good results with the set up youve got!!! good luck :)
Thanks Lal, yup from the leaves they look like they are, so i have no idea which are ESB if any, or which are white widow.. its like a mystery pick and mix at the moment :D

very nice, one day ill get myself a setup like this, those plants look so good:jawdrop:
:) :) its worth it.. bet then again im only in week two lol

Lookin good there matey, oh my how they've grown lol... :)

By the way, at least four of them have been topped I'd say from the pictures..

Thats what i thought, so maybe im thinking the two un topped ones may be the ESB's.... *finger toes crossed* (one of which isn't in shot as its the struggling one)

They have done me proud haven't they..
Oh if you see the pot on the right out of shot, that's the one that is struggling to root, but I haven't given up on her just yet :)

Grape101
30-07-07, 09:54 PM
I'm surprised I haven't stumbled across tis thread yet Sweet. Very nice looking plants you have! I will be following this.

Bitterfly
30-07-07, 10:05 PM
wow absolutley bueatiful progress sinner, im so proud of you!!

i just know youre gonna get a bucket load of green from em:harvest:

lkdj2003
30-07-07, 11:02 PM
Very nice sweet, they are flying on. Not long and they will be filling that tent with primo buds...:toke:

WTL
31-07-07, 08:06 AM
Looking great there Sweet, I love seeing the white bits, lol. Did you manage to get the mite problem under control?
Good luck with the rest of your grow dudette.

Midnight Toker
31-07-07, 08:13 AM
looking good sweets ..

greengiant
31-07-07, 08:27 AM
Looking good there sweet.

Just out of interest whats ESB strain? Have you a link to the seedbank???

They do look quite Sativa like. The White widow (Nirvana) I grew was a 50:50 Indica : Sativa and looked similar to yours.

They will do very well under a 600w if you can keep on top of the temps.

sweetsinner
31-07-07, 05:37 PM
Did you manage to get the mite problem under control?

Fingers and toes crossed I haven't spotted a single mite since I have been mobile and even with my new super dooper magnifying glass I am still yet to spot one of the red buggers...but I'm not going to do a victory dance just yet ;)

Just out of interest whats ESB strain? Have you a link to the seedbank???

They do look quite Sativa like. The White widow (Nirvana) I grew was a 50:50 Indica : Sativa and looked similar to yours.

They will do very well under a 600w if you can keep on top of the temps.

My mission today is to find more about ESB, what i know of it already is that "ES" was created with some science dudes for nerve/chronic pain...
But they are very white widow looking so maybe they are all white widow, but with 4 of them being topped (which was what my white widow babies were coming as) I'm still hoping the untopped 2 could be the ESB clones.. if they are not I am going to source who has the ESB mothers, as I would really like to get some ESB going as my past experiences with this strain have been very positive, it ticked all my "need" boxes.

Ah temps.. well today has been a real test, im just managing to keep it about 26.8 with the 600w on.. thinking about putting some pc fans in there to create some more intake and hopefully this will knock the temps down a little.

slim_tim
31-07-07, 05:49 PM
wow, there really flying along

I think they may be some high yeilding plants here :D

Diaper
31-07-07, 06:07 PM
Good to see you back again, and on top of the mites.

Ah temps.. well today has been a real test, im just managing to keep it about 26.8 with the 600w on.. thinking about putting some pc fans in there to create some more intake and hopefully this will knock the temps down a little.

I hear you there!
600w in a tent, during hot weather can become a little trying at times. Cooltubes (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/120mm-CoolTube-Grow-Light-Reflector-New-Hydroponics_W0QQitemZ150146556648QQihZ005QQcategor yZ43555QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayp hotohosting) can help bring things down considerably:cool:

sweetsinner
31-07-07, 06:21 PM
Oooooo I have never heard of these...
They look rather funky i must say..

Bitterfly
31-07-07, 09:55 PM

I hear you there!
600w in a tent, during hot weather can become a little trying at times. Cooltubes (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/120mm-CoolTube-Grow-Light-Reflector-New-Hydroponics_W0QQitemZ150146556648QQihZ005QQcategor yZ43555QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayp hotohosting) can help bring things down considerably:cool:

mate buying one of those bad boys for my next grow!! they look immense.

i always wanted air cooled but the other ones i saw looked like a proper faff on, getting youre own glass and what not

EDIT greens have a slightly better one though with additional reflcetion

http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/details.asp?productid=978&subcat=471&cat=182

blue widow
01-08-07, 08:14 AM
looking very nice matey!! :-) bet that was a good suprise to come home too? well missis you look as if u have the majic touch , not be long b4 ur the bud porn queen of the diary section!! :cowboy:

greengiant
01-08-07, 08:27 AM

I hear you there!

I have read reviews about cool tubes not being very god for distributing light evenly. They are also supposed to create hot spots underneath them, where the majority of the light is reflected. May be worth a try though.

Sweet; If you are keeping temps of 26.8 under a 600 then you are doing pretty well. I wouldn't worry about getting them much lower than that.

Diaper
01-08-07, 09:11 AM
You know what they say about believing everything you read!
I run 600w hps in a 150mm cooltube driven by a 160mm fan, and can honestly say that without it I'd have been in deep do-do last summer! This year has been
a welcome relief, but I've a nasty feeling that's about to change. Light distribution isn't going to be an issue in such a small space, not when compared to running excessive temperatures.
My main problem is the wife turning down the fan controller when I'm on night shift! She reckons it disturbs her sleep, even though it's quieter than an old air-con unit in a Bangkok knocking shop!

Mr-Dynamic
01-08-07, 10:48 AM
@Diaper - Handcuff the wife to the bed before you leave for work, and stop explaining how everyhing works, tell her if she messes with the dials it could cause a fire ;)

@SweetSinner - Looking good! :D

Growz
02-08-07, 06:30 PM
looking good sweets

any updates?

just updated mine last night

sweetsinner
02-08-07, 06:59 PM
Hello Mr Growz I checked your diary out! Your ladys look wonderful!

Well, temps don't reach more than 28c with lights on, so i'm happy :)

The "babies" are babies no more, and the "runt" has picked up and shall be repotted tmrw and will spend her time in the tent until flowering time then she will be going under the envirolite, as I have plans for her :D

sweetsinner
02-08-07, 08:03 PM
*sigh*
i have just spotted a mite. at least i think its a mite, greeny yellow thing.

I don't know if i should invest in some neem oil or just spray them tmrw. FFS.

D
02-08-07, 10:52 PM
Could just be a simple Greenfly, chin up Sinner, you're doing so well :D

Diaper
03-08-07, 12:01 AM
Sweet, get some neem oil and spray every 3 daze wether they're visible or not.
Keep that up til at least the 2nd week of flowering, and hope for the best!
It's the only way to stand a fighting chance against the little buggers.

sweetsinner
03-08-07, 10:56 AM
http://www.growell.co.uk/p/1110/Neem-Repel.html

Is this the stuff i need Diaper?

Growz
03-08-07, 11:16 AM
sweets m8 just a thought, could you not get some clones from someone that are not infected so your first grow goes smoothly?

:)

although dealling with them just now will be a good learning curve for the future

Growz

sweetsinner
03-08-07, 11:28 AM
Growz they weren't meant to be infected, he turned up with them and then told me that they had them as an after thought, and reassured me it wasn't an issue, and unfortunately in my naivety I put them in the tent.
I was going to bin them, but LK swayed me not too *lol* as I already had them in the tent, I may as well get stuck in ;)

So yes, lets hope its a learning curve and after this they don't hang around the tent....
I want to get them off as ideally I would love the runt to be a mother plant, but if she still has them I won't.

They have just been sprayed with this:
http://www.growell.co.uk/p/1412/Buzz-Off-Insect-Repellent-and-Killer.html
as i had it to hand.

Midnight Toker
03-08-07, 11:30 AM
Damn good reason to stick to growing yer own from seed i reckon.

Feckin things ...

Diaper
03-08-07, 11:33 AM
http://www.growell.co.uk/p/1110/Neem-Repel.html

Is this the stuff i need Diaper?

Yup, anything that's Neem based should be fine. Keep misting right into the 2nd week of flower.
Depending on how big your girls are now, you might like to give them a little shower. Doing this physically removes mites, and their eggs.
Many growers actually spray neem as a preventative measure, rather than take a chance with mites etc.
I really do hope it all works out for you Sweet, so any help you need just shout:cowboy:

Growz, once they've been introduced to a growroom you're better off getting a vodoo doll of the supplier than changing plants.

Growz
03-08-07, 11:51 AM
Yup, anything that's Neem based should be fine. Keep misting right into the 2nd week of flower.
Depending on how big your girls are now, you might like to give them a little shower. Doing this physically removes mites, and their eggs.
Many growers actually spray neem as a preventative measure, rather than take a chance with mites etc.
I really do hope it all works out for you Sweet, so any help you need just shout:cowboy:

Growz, once they've been introduced to a growroom you're better off getting a vodoo doll of the supplier than changing plants.

cool m8 thats good to know incase i come accross the little feckers sometime

sweetsinner
03-08-07, 11:54 AM
Damn good reason to stick to growing yer own from seed i reckon.

Yup i agree with hindsight Mr Midnight. :(

Well i have ordered that, and in the mean time they have had a spray down with the buzz off...

After this grow I am going to clean the tent and hope they dont affect future grows, thats my real concern.

Thanks for your help x x

Diaper
03-08-07, 11:57 AM
Just a little note on a more positive note; It is possible to harvest from an infected crop, so all is not lost:harvest:
It's just a case of damage limitaion, which can include simple measures like rubbing leaves between thumb & forefinger to crush the little buggers.

sweetsinner
03-08-07, 12:04 PM
I'll post some pics later on today.. my ladies look really healthy so I am hoping I may be on top of them..

the yellowy green defunct leaves they came with, showing the damage the mites had done have fallen off and every plant leaf is a very nice healthy green.. although bar the burn damage on one plants two leaves ;l)

Thanks so so so much for your help Mr Spider Mite helper x x x

Midnight Toker
03-08-07, 12:09 PM
my ladies look really healthy so I am hoping I may be on top of them..

Well if you need any volunteers to get on top of a few ladies let me know

:dance2: :p ;) :oldman: :mutz nutz:

sweetsinner
03-08-07, 02:12 PM
Well if you need any volunteers to get on top of a few ladies let me know

*laughs aloud*
Oh Midnight, its good to have you back x

Midnight Toker
03-08-07, 02:21 PM
*laughs aloud*

Ahhh, shucks ... I'm all embarrassed now ... :blush::rolleyes::stoned-smilie::oldman:;)

Well never one to miss the opportunity to make a naughty comment :rolleyes:

lkdj2003
03-08-07, 03:34 PM
*laughs aloud*

Lmao, never a true word spoken. :toke:

Im glad your girls are coming on a treat sweet. Looking forward to your update. :cowboy:

blurry-vision
03-08-07, 09:23 PM
Looking very good S.S looks like you have hoards of advice so thats all I'll say !! :dance2:

sweetsinner
05-08-07, 12:58 PM
Little picture update

Temp control is still going well, the max they got this morning with the sunny weather was 28.8 with lights on.

Still haven't seen a mite since the other day, tmrw providing the neem oil is here they will be having a shower in that, if not it will be with the buzz off again.
But as you can see from the pics, for now I have the ickle shites under control.

The shriveled leaves I posted yesterday have gone! And she is looking healthy again *wipes brow*

You can just about see the runt in these pics on the left that I was told to bin as she wasn't rooting and looked dead. Well in your face mr give me mites and tell me to bin a clone. She is thriving.

(pics before the girls drink and sleep time)

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/0508top.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/0508ww.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/0508cl.jpg

Once again, thankyou for all your help, input and support so far, I wouldn't even be this far without you all here.. i would still be thinking about it ;)

sweet x x

lkdj2003
05-08-07, 01:31 PM
Bloody hell they have grown some. :eek:

They are looking very nice and healthy sweet, keep up the good work. :bigjoint:

blue widow
05-08-07, 01:42 PM
great job ur doing there m8!! nice and healthy!! looks like your gonna have some nice little xmas trees very soon hun! :dance2:

Bitterfly
05-08-07, 03:15 PM
comin along beautifully there sinner just you wait they'll soon be stinkin your house out:leaf:

very good progress ;)

Diaper
05-08-07, 03:16 PM
Sweeet looking plants:weed:

I bet those mites wished they'd stayed at home :thefinger:

sweetsinner
05-08-07, 03:17 PM
Thanks for the kind words Gentleman.
Lets hope i get through flowering ok :D *laughs evily*

sweetsinner
05-08-07, 03:18 PM
I bet those mites wished they'd stayed at home :thefinger:

Too right. It is my mission to make their life hell.
Bastards!

;)

Riff Raff
06-08-07, 12:39 AM
Wow!! coming on a treat there sweet.

Good on ya for not binning the runt. It may still give a nice reward.

Good luck with the mites as well.

greengiant
06-08-07, 08:44 AM
Looking good sweet.

Definitely showing the sativa traits there.

Think I'll be investing in a bigger fan. My temps got up to 34 degrees yesterday.
Toastie!!!

sweetsinner
06-08-07, 12:06 PM
Good on ya for not binning the runt. It may still give a nice reward.

I'll post some pics of the "runt" on my next update.. she is about half the size of the rest now... considering she looked dead when she came I'm pleased that she managed to pull through :D
Although with the mite problem I am in two minds if i should keep her under an envirolite when the others go into flower to take cuttings off..

Anyone got any views on this being a bad/good move.. as i suppose if i keep her as a mother (of course i would be giving her a neem shower regularly) I will always be at the risk of getting mites off her...

Definitely showing the sativa traits there.

Think I'll be investing in a bigger fan. My temps got up to 34 degrees yesterday.
Toastie!!!

Eeek! Bloody hell that is a wee bit toastie, is that under the 400w?!! What size are you going to get Giant?

Yeh, they stink as well so at least i know there is some white widow in there ;)

Diaper
06-08-07, 12:11 PM
So long as you keep on top of the mite situation there shouldn't be any trouble keeping the runt as a mother.
Consider taking a couple of cuttings from her before flowering, and use them as mothers instead(remember to dip them in a neem bath first). That way you can be quite sure you're not moving mites into a new home, and you get to flower her too.

greengiant
06-08-07, 01:23 PM
Just getting a 150mm (6") RVK for exhaust.

I currently only have 2 x 125mm bathroom fans which move 104m3 of air per hour. A 150mm RVK moces around 450m3 per hour so is much much better for the job.

With regards to keeping your runt as a mother, I think its a bad idea. Remember when you take cuttings they will be clones of a runt. It may not be the case with this one, but a runt is generally a runt because it has crap genetics.

The idea when selecting a mother is to go with the one that expresses the best genetics. i.e the one that produces the biggest bud and looks the healthiest.

As you probably know I'm doing Chronic from seed at the moment. My plan is to take two cuttings from each female (once they show sex). Mark the cuttings and the plants they are from. I will keep all cuttings alive until all females have finished flowering. Then I'll take the cutting from the best plant and keep this as the mother. The remaining cutings will either be flowered for the hell of it, or thrown away.

I'm then left with one mother which was the best from the 10 seeds I got. This way you know you are cloning good genetics and will get high yields each time you grow, providing you give the same environment.

Thats what I'd do anyway.

Bitterfly
06-08-07, 02:06 PM
i wouldnt keep one as a mother for clones if you've had mites. i had trouble when i took clones of the orange bud plant i had (which i was sure was pest free) and the result was a pain in the arse. i didnt notice them for ages so there must have only been a few. i did eventually get rid of them altogether with the tabascco sauce and nicotine solution but i was a headache.

there are so many amazing strains, i think you'll want to try somehing new at the end.

plus there are some reliable femised strains out there

Mum
06-08-07, 02:33 PM
Looking amazing Sweet, I look forward to seeing them flower! :eek: :D

Keep up the good work! :mr:

Growz
06-08-07, 04:29 PM
looking quality sweets

i would just grow them out then get another strain on the go and then decide which ones you want as mothers etc it will just be a whole lot easier and you won't have to worry aboyt the little feckers ruining your crop ;)

lkdj2003
08-08-07, 02:59 PM
How are they smelling now sweet? :weed:

sweetsinner
08-08-07, 08:46 PM
Lk they smell bloody lovely!! :D :D

Thanks for the advice everyone, I have decided that I am just going to put her into flower, and if she does ok its a bonus.. and maybe keep a mother off the seeds in the next grow.
I am already sick of mite patrol and I just don't want to risk her giving me continuous problems :)

So thats it, in 5 days its flower time, I am so excited!! :D :D

5 days to go.. woohoo!!

lkdj2003
08-08-07, 09:08 PM
Thats a fair shout i would say sweet. :bigjoint:

Those five days will soon go by and you will be jumping for joy when they ladys go 12/12. I can't wait to hear your reaction then. :headbang:

sweetsinner
08-08-07, 09:27 PM
I have just been in the tent for half an hour....
I can now confirm i have two esb girls and four white widow girls.
The two ESB girls smell differently to the white widow, they hum alot more and smell almost like menthol green in a way.

I've just had an update that the ESB girls will get very tall and I have limited height space *laughs* so they have been topped..can i just say these leaves HUM!

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/ripesb.jpg

Oh..

And no mites & no eggs on todays inspection :D

sweetsinner
08-08-07, 09:39 PM
Thats a fair shout i would say sweet. :bigjoint:

Those five days will soon go by and you will be jumping for joy when they ladys go 12/12. I can't wait to hear your reaction then. :headbang:

I think i may be doing the "when harry met sally cafe" scene by the end of this grow ;)
:headbang:

lkdj2003
08-08-07, 10:10 PM
Niceeeee, https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

You watch them bush up now you have topped them. :weed:

The only thing now is i would normally wait two weeks before flowering them after topping them to let them get over the stress so you will get the most out of them. So i would wait atleast a week before you go 12/12 now sweet. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

sweetsinner
08-08-07, 10:13 PM
Yes, i didn't want to over stress them, what two days between friends :) Hopefully in 7 days they will stop feeling sorry for themselves :)

7 days till flowering... wohooo lol

lkdj2003
08-08-07, 10:14 PM
Yes, i didn't want to over stress them, what two days between friends :) Hopefully in 7 days they will stop feeling sorry for themselves :)

7 days till flowering... wohooo lol

They sure are very happy, so they will recover fast and yeild for you well. Niceeeeee :guitar:

Those two tops would of made two lovely cuttings. :smokie:

sweetsinner
08-08-07, 10:18 PM
Those two tops would of made two lovely cuttings. :smokie:

*giggles evily*
Yes i thought that too...great minds and all that ;)

i didnt bin them *blushes* i couldn't..

mites or not...

its ESB...its specifically for nerve pain.. :)
it would be stupid to throw them away...

lkdj2003
08-08-07, 10:30 PM
*giggles evily*
Yes i thought that too...great minds and all that ;)

i didnt bin them *blushes* i couldn't..

mites or not...

its ESB...its specifically for nerve pain.. :)
it would be stupid to throw them away...

Lol, https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

Have you got any rooting powder or gel and a propagator?

If so i would cut the stem at an angle and dip them in the rooting hormone and then into a pot of moist soil and pop them into a propagator and sit them on the floor of your grow tent and just lift the lid off everyday and spray them with water twice aday for the first week. Then by the 3rd day you can start to open the vents on the propagator alittle each day until you have them fully open (4th or 5th day). Then you can take the lid off. Keep an eye on the soil at all time though to try and keep it moist.

After the first week when your tent is going 12/12 you can pop the clones under your envirolite. :toke:

They sure will make for some good mother plant's. But you really need to get them in asap to avoid to much stress to them.

sweetsinner
08-08-07, 10:35 PM
They are in water at the moment and ive put them in a self made bubble enviroment in the tent as i dont have propagator yet.
If they last the night they will go in the rooting gel tmrw as I can't find it so will have to get some first thing.
If they do well then its a bonus as it was a last minute idea as I was so sure I wasn't going to take the risk with the mites lol but if they die then I shall just have to hunt this ESB masked man down..

;)

lkdj2003
08-08-07, 10:40 PM
Cool, they should be ok until tomorrow in the water. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

Nice, you are vegging/cloning/flowering all in the first four weeks of growing, now thats what i like to see. :Nice:

Growz
08-08-07, 10:46 PM
cant wait to see them in full bloom all covered in tric's ;)

Bitterfly
09-08-07, 01:34 AM
I think i may be doing the "when harry met sally cafe" scene by the end of this grow ;)

could you record it and send me a copy please!

also sexy feet!!

also, very glad you got your plants mite situation sorted out once and for all!!

looks like things are looking up for you sinner:pimped:

sweetsinner
09-08-07, 03:22 PM
cant wait to see them in full bloom all covered in tric's ;)

Me either Lewy... Me either.. *bounces in excitment*

could you record it and send me a copy please!

also sexy feet!!

also, very glad you got your plants mite situation sorted out once and for all!!

looks like things are looking up for you sinner:pimped:

That is the first time in 26 years anyone has described my feet as Sexy. My friends call me gollum because of the size of them compared to me ... i have size 7 feet and im only 5'5 ;)

Shhh about the mites, they may hear you and start a revolution

sweetsinner
09-08-07, 05:28 PM
Nice, you are vegging/cloning/flowering all in the first four weeks of growing, now thats what i like to see. :Nice:

May as well start how i mean to go on ;) Besides I have a good set of advice around me... you guys!!

Mini Update

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/sidetop.jpg

So i ended up topping 3 of the white widow last night too so now they are pretty all much the same height, and all 5 girls have a week to recover.
The two ESB girls look happy from the topping and aren't sulking as much as the white widow.
Two of the white widow tops have also been popped into rooting gel and into a pot and placed into the self made bubble until the propagator gets here tmrw.
They look so healthy and strong i couldn't put them all in the bin lol, besides its all a learning curve isn't it :)
If the ESB cuttings do well I will be a happy girl, if not, i have 3 packets of seeds im itching to open..;)

ESB Cuttings:

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/c1.jpg

Runt will be put into flower next week too...

I can no longer call runt, "runt" as she has done me proud:

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/runt2.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/runt1.jpg

so if i get anything off her it will be a bonus as everyone wanted to bin her.

So yes... one week till flowering and i cant wait, and my veg room should be ready by then so its all groovy :D :D

lkdj2003
09-08-07, 05:39 PM
Loving it mate, great pic's and plant's. :rock:

The only thing i will say sweet, and that is you would be best off cutting the big leafs off the bottoms of the cuttings (tops) and just have the top's like this >>

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/clonescannabis.gif

Don't pull them out of the soil now though, try and trim them whilst they are in there pot's. This helps slow the growth of the clones down so they can concentrate on rooting. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Great work mate. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon7.gif

sweetsinner
09-08-07, 05:56 PM
I actually did that so underneath is just like your pic :D :D and then spent about half an hour trying to find the leafs that blew into next doors garden like some nutter :D

Although i think i prob left two sets on rather than one with the ESB so ill trim them tmrw, with the white widow I was far more vicious LOL and they deffo dont need trimming

But after all the trauma they have been through i am not expecting them to survive i just hope they will do with some TLC

lkdj2003
09-08-07, 06:01 PM
Lol, :barmy:

They can take some stick mind you sweet, i've seen some plant's come back from hell to finish off lovely. They will be ok im sure sweet. :smokie:

Bitterfly
09-08-07, 06:11 PM
all lovely stuff there sinner, such elegant plants you have there ;)

Diaper
10-08-07, 01:00 AM
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/sidetop.jpg

Fantastic looking plants Sweet!

I'm real happy to be seeing them looking like that.

blue widow
10-08-07, 11:57 AM
well done girl!! get in there!! nearly at the biz end of things buddy!! keep it up ;)

greengiant
10-08-07, 06:05 PM
Looking good there sweet.

Mum
10-08-07, 08:29 PM
They're really coming along, well done Sweet. ;) :)

Riff Raff
11-08-07, 06:41 AM
Coming on a treat, sweet

They're growing so quickly.

And the runt seems to be playing catch-up as well.

Looking ace!

Growz
11-08-07, 03:29 PM
Hi sweets they are looking spot on well done not long now till you will be :joint: on your own homegrown! ;)

keep up the good work buddy

sweetsinner
11-08-07, 03:53 PM
Thankyou for the lovely comments everyone, your all too kind, and probably suprised like myself I haven't killed them yet ;)

The only thing i will say sweet, and that is you would be best off cutting the big leafs off the bottoms of the cuttings

They any better? :

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/cut.jpg

Growz
11-08-07, 04:14 PM
snip the leaves right back so it will consentrate on root growdth

Bitterfly
11-08-07, 04:18 PM
snip the leaves right back so it will consentrate on root growdth

yay, plus less surface area for critical moisture to be lost

good cuttings though sinner!

sweetsinner
11-08-07, 04:20 PM
Ok boys, thanks... i was wondering why people snipped the leaves back, i'll do it in a mo before lights on.

Ragman
12-08-07, 08:32 PM
Great setup sweet and the plants are coming along a treat, I look forward to the next pic update

slim_tim
12-08-07, 09:36 PM
Plants are coming along very nicely now sweet....... spot on ;)

Grape101
12-08-07, 09:37 PM
Wow Sweet I haven't popped in here for a while, your plants are looking lush! May good luck be with you :D

Blueberryog
13-08-07, 05:44 AM
Sweet those are looking so good. Congrats and keep up the good work!

lkdj2003
13-08-07, 02:40 PM
Lovely cuttings there sweet, niceeeeeeee :pimped:

Looking forward to your next update. :greet:

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/cut.jpg

Bajer
14-08-07, 05:18 AM
Hey Sweets - apologies for jumping in with such familiarity. I've lurked this new site for a while and read your grow, and feel for you. I usually just lurk, but this site seems sound. I really wish you the best of luck with your grow; unlike most of us you really need it (whereas I just want it!). I hope that ESP does the tric(k) for you and you get some relief. Having lurked on this site for while, I think I can safely say that you're in good hands here. The guys here seem sound. But just bear in mind , (and I say this reluctantly - not wishing to incur the wrath of the mods), that this is a new site. People here may not have the vast experience of growers on other sites. Don't take all the advice you get here as gospel (and that includes mine). But having said that, I have chosen this site as my primary and will give advice where and when I can. Bearing in mind, I've been away from the scene for five years and know nought about todays nutes or latest hids (wtf is all that LED crap about?).

Anyway Sweets, you go girl. And if I can help I will. Sorry for hijacking your post

Midnight Toker
14-08-07, 08:43 AM
just bear in mind , (and I say this reluctantly - not wishing to incur the wrath of the mods), that this is a new site. People here may not have the vast experience of growers on other sites. Don't take all the advice you get here as gospel (and that includes mine)

Not wishing to sound aggressive or argumentative M8, this may be a new site but there's a wealth of experience & expertise on here ...

Most of us "came over from other forums" .... so dont be fooled by the fact this site is young.

Having said that your views, opinions & advice will be as readily accepted as anyone else's .. always good to have new ideas so post away my good man !

Welcome to THCTalk ....

sweetsinner
14-08-07, 11:00 AM
Hey Sweets - apologies for jumping in with such familiarity. I've lurked this new site for a while and read your grow, and feel for you. I usually just lurk, but this site seems sound. I really wish you the best of luck with your grow; unlike most of us you really need it (whereas I just want it!). I hope that ESP does the tric(k) for you and you get some relief. Having lurked on this site for while, I think I can safely say that you're in good hands here. The guys here seem sound. But just bear in mind , (and I say this reluctantly - not wishing to incur the wrath of the mods), that this is a new site. People here may not have the vast experience of growers on other sites. Don't take all the advice you get here as gospel (and that includes mine). But having said that, I have chosen this site as my primary and will give advice where and when I can. Bearing in mind, I've been away from the scene for five years and know nought about todays nutes or latest hids (wtf is all that LED crap about?).

Anyway Sweets, you go girl. And if I can help I will. Sorry for hijacking your post

Hi Bajer, firstly let me say its lovely you have decided to stop lurking on this site and join :) I am the same with another forums, I lurk and never post :)

People have gathered here from various places on the internet and have years and years of experience so its fantastic for someone to have people like LKDJ, ASCI, Midnight Toker, Diaper just off the top of my head to bug for advice ;)

But.. I understand what you mean. I have books I always have my nose in, and also do my own research as well which normally follows with me bugging one of the above names after I have read something that my blonde brain won't compute..:D
I wouldn't be relying on the peoples knowledge here if it there was no knowledge to rely on and the fact that everyone one is such a great person on here makes is so much better... if that makes sense. There are so many places on the old Internet but this is the place that feels like home to me, so here i stay :)

Anyway, thankyou for the comments and I look forward to noseying at your plants... i love my bud porn ;)

asci
14-08-07, 11:04 AM
now now people, he has a valid point. He may not be aware of how we all came to be here.

People here may not have the vast experience of growers on other sites

Is all he said. For the record bajer, the majority of us have come from a few other sites where our skills as cannabis farmers have been proved many times over. :)

Diaper
14-08-07, 11:13 AM
I say this reluctantly - not wishing to incur the wrath of the mods

Well, unless you happen to be a greasy rocker looking for trouble on Brighton beach I can't see that happening any time soon.

sweetsinner
15-08-07, 06:34 PM
12/12 Tonight!

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/topview1.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/1508side.jpg

Well tonight it's 12/12 time. *glee*
They have been fed 0.5 ml of grow & bloom to 1ltr water and will be adding a drop more each feed until I get to 1ml per 1ltr which is when I will be following the old timers feeding schedule.

I did think I was killing them or something worse with the colours of the odd bottom leaf, but LK assured me they were just hungry, which means they are bloody greedy as they were only repotted just over 2 weeks ago.

For anyone interested the smiley face sticker on the pot, is the Runt and she has only recently been repotted so yet again I makes things harder for myself by having two feeding schedules on the go, BUT I am writing it down as I do not trust my goldfish memory ;)

*whispers in case they can hear* oh and no mites as i type ;)

Clones:

Clones are doing very well, and you can see the difference between the ESB & WW.. the ESB stem has really chunked out, and they seem to be happy.

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/1508cutside.jpg

ESB:

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/esbcut.jpg

Bless them.

And well... that's all.. x x

Bitterfly
15-08-07, 07:03 PM
beautiful SS, they are doin so well!!

congrats for switchin to 12/12, this is when things get really interesting!:barmy::weed:

Grape101
15-08-07, 07:05 PM
So are you going to turn growing into a full time occupation then sweet?

Growz
15-08-07, 07:36 PM
looking good sweets, not long till yer tent will be full of buddage ;)

keep up the good work

Diaper
15-08-07, 07:50 PM
I really should pay closer attention!

12/12 already, before you know it you'll be :harvest:&:joint:

:D

slim_tim
15-08-07, 08:36 PM
Lookin great there Sweet, Not long now :D

lkdj2003
15-08-07, 09:00 PM
Yeeeeeee haaaaaaaaa :dance2:

They are all looking lovely sweet, you must be singing to them every night.. :deviltoker:

:Nice:

Blueberryog
16-08-07, 03:44 AM
Not wishing to sound aggressive or argumentative M8, this may be a new site but there's a wealth of experience & expertise on here ...

Most of us "came over from other forums" .... so dont be fooled by the fact this site is young.

Having said that your views, opinions & advice will be as readily accepted as anyone else's .. always good to have new ideas so post away my good man !

Welcome to THCTalk ....

Power on Midnight. Good God. That left my jaw open for a second.

Sweet those are looking lovely. Youre doing a great job!

Bajer
16-08-07, 07:00 AM
Hi Bajer, firstly let me say its lovely you have decided to stop lurking on this site and join :) I am the same with another forums, I lurk and never post :)

People have gathered here from various places on the internet and have years and years of experience so its fantastic for someone to have people like LKDJ, ASCI, Midnight Toker, Diaper just off the top of my head to bug for advice ;)

But.. I understand what you mean. I have books I always have my nose in, and also do my own research as well which normally follows with me bugging one of the above names after I have read something that my blonde brain won't compute..:D
I wouldn't be relying on the peoples knowledge here if it there was no knowledge to rely on and the fact that everyone one is such a great person on here makes is so much better... if that makes sense. There are so many places on the old Internet but this is the place that feels like home to me, so here i stay :)

Anyway, thankyou for the comments and I look forward to noseying at your plants... i love my bud porn ;)

I hear ya about this site. I like them here. I just got bad advice years ago from "so called experts". I think your instincts are correct about the people here.

Peace and love
B

WTL
16-08-07, 08:14 AM
Woo Hoo, 12/12 that came round fast Sweet, bet you well happy.

Plants are looking good and thoses cuttings are going to be beast's.

Midnight Toker
16-08-07, 09:24 PM
Nice one sweets, good to see a plan come together innit.

Now we just wanna see them lovel ladies get big n fat for ya !,

you'll soon be sharpening the axe :bump:

D
17-08-07, 12:55 AM
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/esbcut.jpg

I'm jealous....

Your skin looks sooooo much more softer than mine. :p

I bet you're well happy with your planties!
*yawn*
Well done sinner, your plants have made me feel shleepy.. ^.^

Night all

Riff Raff
17-08-07, 01:54 AM
12/12 Tonight!

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/topview1.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/1508side.jpg

Corrrrrrr!!!! they've come on some.:rock:

Looking great sweetsinner, that runt ain't really a runt anymore.

Its gonna be a feast for the eyes watching these fatten up.

greengiant
17-08-07, 03:30 PM
Looking good there. Nice soft hands, PMSL. (Dru, youre a charmer, lol).

Can't wait to see the bud porn.

Midnight Toker
17-08-07, 03:33 PM
Power on Midnight. Good God. That left my jaw open for a second.

Whats that mean ???

sweetsinner
17-08-07, 10:09 PM
Lookin great there Sweet, Not long now :D

Thanks Slim, I'm already deciding what lovely jubbly strain of matt's to try for my Xmas Greenage...

They are all looking lovely sweet, you must be singing to them every night.. :deviltoker:

*posh voice* Oh no! these girls prefer shakespeare read to them ;) :laugh:, although I did try reading the famous five to them the other day and they seemed to enjoy that.. besides, me and singing don't really mix very well ;)
But no it's not just down to my lovely reading voice *coughs* its down to the advice on these boards, and reading as much as I can.. but as I'm learning nothing beats practical experience... :dance2: I am loving it!! :rock:

Sweet those are looking lovely. Youre doing a great job!

Thankyou Blueberry! I'm trying my best, I just hope 'tis good enough :) :)

Plants are looking good and those cuttings are going to be beast's.

Oh I do hope so, and hope they shall roar.... well actually that would be something out of the little shop of horrors wouldn't it?!! *eeeeek*

My replacement envirolite still hasn't come, they seem to be doing ok, but this will be the 2nd day of not being under a light... grrrr...
Fingers and toes crossed they will be ok :)

Nice one sweets, good to see a plan come together innit.

It's fantastic MT, I sit there in awe staring at them sometimes.. I can't believe they are mine... all mine! *evil cackle* ;) ;)

I'm jealous....
Your skin looks sooooo much more softer than mine. :p

*laughs* hands that do dishes are as soft as can beeee... with mild fairy liquidddd... *bubbbles*

Corrrrrrr!!!! they've come on some.:rock:
Looking great sweetsinner, that runt ain't really a runt anymore.

:) I know she has done really well hasn't she? I'm proud of her thats why she has the smiley face sticker for behaving ;)

Looking good there.
Can't wait to see the bud porn.

Me either... can't wait to touch it, smell it........

SMOKE IT!

Thanks for all the lovely comments everyone

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/smileys/_glompage__by_brokenboulevard.gif

Blueberryog
18-08-07, 01:24 AM
Oh you just have to love the multi-quote :dance2: lol Cant wait to see more pics sweet!

Growz
18-08-07, 03:43 AM
loving yer grow hun keep up the good work

lowryder
18-08-07, 01:33 PM
Looking great there sweet nice to see the "runt" standing almost taller than the rest of them :pimped:. Great looking clones too i am sure they will make it till the end with such love and care :toke:

Cha-Cha Chong
18-08-07, 05:40 PM
Hey Sweets,

I don't normally come around the grow section coz I get all confused with all the growing lingo and I can't give anyone help or advice - but I've was having a nose while I was at work today and just wanted to say that your plants are wicked! Well done! :mr: x

Midnight Toker
23-08-07, 08:20 AM
So what's happening M8,

any updates for us ?

sweetsinner
23-08-07, 12:04 PM
Bah.
Mites are back.

Plants might be heading for the bin the way I feel today.

WTL
23-08-07, 12:12 PM
Bah.
Mites are back.

Plants might be heading for the bin the way I feel today.

fooking mites, dont give up tho Sweet, only another 6 weeks to go!!!!!!

sweetsinner
23-08-07, 04:33 PM
I've not given up yet.... I'm throwing my toys out of my pram, ignore me..
But they have a sentence above their heads if things don't improve.

Diaper
23-08-07, 04:40 PM
I've not given up yet.... I'm throwing my toys out of my pram, ignore me..
But they have a sentence above their heads if things don't improve.

Those mites are the only thing with a sentence above there heads! They're going to wish they'd not bothered showing there ugly little selves once I get thru with the little B'strds:cowboy:

Mum
23-08-07, 04:41 PM
They're looking great Sweet, don't let thos bastard mites get the best of you! ;)

Midnight Toker
23-08-07, 05:56 PM
Have you tried this thread Sweets, there's a few interesting idea's in there.

Come on diaper, work yer magic & help our sweets get rid of these bugs .. ;)

Luckily for me it's not something i've ever encountered so dont know much about em except what i've read on here :o

Midnight Toker
23-08-07, 06:09 PM
Have you tried this thread Sweets, there's a few interesting idea's in there. :o

Oooops, might help if i put the link in :o

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?t=466

Blueberryog
23-08-07, 09:50 PM
K+ Neem works really well ive heard sweets : )

Bitterfly
23-08-07, 10:09 PM
dont be disheartened SS, try my tabassco and nicotine method! worked great for me!!

lkdj2003
24-08-07, 10:04 AM
Like everyone has already said sweet, don't give up mate. Neem oil will help you to control them, but not to get rid of them altogether. You can keep on top of them. ;)

Midnight Toker
24-08-07, 01:29 PM
Like everyone has already said sweet, don't give up mate. Neem oil will help you to control them, ;)

Failing that an uzi sub machine gun & some napalm should do the trick:headbang:

sweetsinner
25-08-07, 01:19 PM
Firstly let me thank everyone for the huge amount of kindness, advice and support.. and general shoutings of dont put them in the bin!

They have been sprayed again, and seem to be doing ok, unfortunately one of the plants decided to grow too much last night and has singed the top of herself.. grr!

For the past two night i have squished myself in the tent and sat there rubbing ever individual leaf on every plant to try crush eggs... the things you do hey ;)

I will do an update this weekend x x x

blue widow
25-08-07, 04:22 PM
hiya bud, soz to hear your still getting these wee shits, like midnight i have never had them so cant comment, just keep on top of them as the lads say, you know it will be well worth it in the end m8 ;)

sweetsinner
28-08-07, 10:05 PM
...well about time for a bloody update don't you say.

Right. Mite Patrol is going well. I have yet to invest in a super get up like Miss Lara Croft, but I'm thinking about it.. i love the belt (I could fit two spraying blaster guns in there)..
Anyway back to the update lol, they were sprayed with the neem oil, I've attempted like some possessed woman to crush the eggs and I sat in the tent for about 40 mins rubbing every individual leaf on every plant. The lengths you go to hey? ;)
Yesterday they were sprayed with BioBizz Leaf Coat, that you can use up to two weeks before harvest. Has anyone on here had any experience with this?
So now its fingers and toes crossed I can stay on top of the buggers.. well not on top as its really hard to get the things, I tried picking one off with tweezers yesterday and it escaped moi clutches!

I have been having trouble with leaf yellowing the past few weeks so i started them on a feed of 0.5ml - gr & bl to every 1ltr of water. They had 3 feeds with 2-3 days spaced in between, and they then showed symptoms of nutrient burn as the tips of some of the mid leaves were turning up and looking almost burnt.
So I stopped the grow and bloom and they have been on water ever since.

I also found out yesterday that Westlands changed their formula and this new batch is shite, and apparently people using it have had problems with leaf yellowing that they haven't been able to remedy. So i won't be using this in the next grow.

:banghead: Bloody cursed this grow is, i tell you!
First the mites and now the shitty soil lol, the person who recommended it to me apologized profusely, but serves me right for not doing my research a little better... READ as much as you can is my lesson learnt from this grow ;)

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/diary2708.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/diary27082.jpg

Well thats all i can think of, so here's a few pictures for you, you can see the "runt" on the left with the shriveled leaves.

Comments, Suggestions, Advice appreciated as always

Sweet x

LAL
28-08-07, 10:26 PM
its definately update day today :)

looking very good sweet, im sure you will get the buggers under control....

there looking fine to me, and really starting to flower now....

good luck with everything sweet:leaf::weed::bigjoint:

slim_tim
28-08-07, 10:38 PM
Stunning plants sweet, they're coming along nicely. :weed:

Thats a bummer about the mites, i think ive just discovered the little critters on my ladies :( .

lkdj2003
28-08-07, 10:53 PM
They really are coming on lovely Sweet, budding up very nicely. :leaf:

I would stick with the plain water until the end of the week, maybe the beginning of next week and then start off with a low dose and see how they react to that. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

Stunning plants sweet, they're coming along nicely. :weed:

Thats a bummer about the mites, i think ive just discovered the little critters on my ladies :( .

Unlucky mate, https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

If you do get mites and any webbing, then a good thing to use is a cotton bud and just keep twisting the web off at the sametime your treating the mites. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

It is best if you can control any webbing the same as you do the mites. Because it slows the buggers down a little so to give you a better chance in controling them.

happy potter
29-08-07, 11:48 AM
i just read your thread sweet and i think you have done a wonderful job so far on those ladies despite your ongoing battle :D...proper dedication and love going on in that growroom :drool:

sweetsinner
29-08-07, 11:54 AM
Aww thanks Happy.. there is indeed lots of love for my ladies, but lets just hope its enough to outdo the mites!
Thanks LK, Slim & Lal
Thats the plan to keep them on water to the weekend then try them with a low dose of nutrients. The runt should be due some by then too but im not going to give her any until she shows me she is hungry.

As for mites Slim, as soon as you spot them ACT NOW. Spray them with neem oil, or Bitters baccy & chilli mix idea may be good for you seeing as your outdoors and it doesn't matter about the pong. Although saying that, neem oil still stinks like wee LOL

I forgot to mention in my diary they will be having more predators thrown in at the weekend. I'll be keeping both rvk's off on lights out to keep temps up a little as predators do not like being too cool.... so im hoping if they get rid of these eggs I should be ok until harvest.. but who knows, this after all is my grow and anything could bloody happen! ;)

Midnight Toker
29-08-07, 01:38 PM
Maybe you should keep an eye out for these predators, i'm told they work quite well ...

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/alien_predator016.gif

:deviltoker:

Bitterfly
29-08-07, 02:58 PM
wow time flies doesnt it?? seems like yesterday when you were just saying how you were waiting for the clones to be dropped off.

they look stunning, despite your problems with the soil and mites i just know you are going to end up with some grade A killer bud.

lovely stuff SS keep up the wonderful work:mr:

BomShiva
04-09-07, 07:51 PM
I never thought I would be able to start my own thread in this part of the forum. But at last, the time has come, and my babies have arrived..

Specs:

1m x 1m 1.8m Grow Tent
250w veg / 600w flower
6" rvk extractor fan & carbon filter
5" rvk intake fan
12" oscillating fan

Soil:

John Innes No2
Westlands with added John Innes

Nutrients

BioBizz Grow
BioBizz Bloom
BioBizz Topmax

Rooted Cuttings:
1 x White widow
1 x possible White Widow
1 x possible ESB
2 x either of the above

Plus a poor little cutting that hasn't rooted yet but I'm not giving up hope on it just yet.

Unfortunately his cuttings got mixed up so he has no idea if they are all white widow, and two of them are already looking quite different. I am really hoping I have an ESB girl in there, as I don't know if anyone has had any experience with this strain, but it was specifically designed for chronic pain sufferers.

They have also been given to me with mites, but beggars can't be choosers and I have waited so long for them to arrive.. *sigh* but they have predators already on them, and they will be sprayed some point next week while I am in hospital.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/diary1.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/diary2.jpg

as you can see the one at the front has a bit of stretching..

Individual Pics to follow... i need a brew *flop*

Edit:
Setup Pics:
The room supported by gaffer tape.. literally ;)
As you can see, the growtent does fill quite alot of my once server room up *chuckle* and I am not sure if the carbon filter has found its forever home inside the tent yet, but it will do for now and I'm happy leaving them for the hospital now.
The extraction ducting is going straight outside the house through the houses original wooden vent, and as this is the self detached side, so its all good.

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/gr1.jpghttp://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/gr2.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/gr3.jpghttp://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/gr4a.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/gr4.jpghttp://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/gr5.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/gr6.jpg

Well Well what have we got here?

Just stumbled across this googling ESB :omg:

Firstly congrats on your first ever grow sweetsinner :guitar:

Now lets refer to the guy who gave you those clones as Ear's i think you will understand why im calling him Ear's

Secondly let me put you straight on your vars you are growing and the probs that are allready arising with your grow by using the westland's soil that was changed from last years offerings by westlands!

Right you are not growing WW at all, i know this for a fact as i took your cuttings myself from my own mother stock, infact Ears does not hold any of my WW clones At this present moment!

The plant you are calling WW is infact a F2 female WW x to a pre 1996 sensi seeds NL#5 x Haze male.

The ESB is a true ESB and you have only recived that plant because of your medical condition.

As for ESB and what it stands for, the grower who made them is part of Admin on uk420.com he made the seeds several years ago to sell on cbay to help fund a friends court costs in the states, he has stated the name has no real meaning.

It is a var that is no longer available, and he states will not be making that cross again.

You can see ESB been grown here - http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?showtopic=56571&hl=

Now to the westlands soil your using :mad:

At the start of this season Westland changed there soil recipe across there whole range, up untill this year it was a fantastic compost for growing your own quality pot, but from the start of this season its new recipe is one of the worst you could choose to grow good quality pot in!

I can all ready see the tips of your leaves curling up and gowing brown, as your grow progresses this will just get worse affecting all of the leaves unfortunatly. its nute burn and it will come on even quicker if you add your bio bizz nutes, my advice is just use plain water untill the end to help prevent this.

For your next round i really suggest getting ya bum back to cannatronics and investing in some All-Mix or Canna terra pro and use bio bizz nuts as normal!

As to your mites Ears is allways plagued by them, but he just spend a small fortune on preds so im sure your cuts whilst at his place picked up plenty enough preds to control any mites they may of picked up whilst there.

Anyways good luck with your first grow and feel free to PM me for any advice you want.

All the best :weed:

Bom!

sweetsinner
04-09-07, 08:12 PM
LOL ah your the dude Ears got my cuttings from!!

I love Ears to death, even if he gave me mites (i sound like im walking into an STD clinic don't I?) He lets me phone him up and ask him the most blonde question sometimes. :D :D

And has gone out of his way for me on many occasion. And to be quite honest im glad he told me not to worry about the mites in the begging even if over reading made me nearly kak myself in fear... think its the not knowing, maybe like popping your cherry.

Why did he tell me it was WW then?

He actually told me to say hello to you awhile ago on 420 but i was mashed and forgot your user name...

Watch out for your inbox, seeing as you know more about my grow than me ;)

If he finds out your calling him ears he will kill you.

BomShiva
04-09-07, 08:24 PM
They are in water at the moment and ive put them in a self made bubble enviroment in the tent as i dont have propagator yet.
I wasn't going to take the risk with the mites lol but if they die then I shall just have to hunt this ESB masked man down..

;)

I think hes found you :dance2:

All the best
Bom!

sweetsinner
04-09-07, 08:25 PM
Secondly let me put you straight on your vars you are growing and the probs that are allready arising with your grow by using the westland's soil that was changed from last years offerings by westlands!

Right you are not growing WW at all, i know this for a fact as i took your cuttings myself from my own mother stock, infact Ears does not hold any of my WW clones At this present moment!

The plant you are calling WW is infact a F2 female WW x to a pre 1996 sensi seeds NL#5 x Haze male.

The ESB is a true ESB and you have only recived that plant because of your medical condition.

Now i wish i had kept my clones but i couldnt risk the mites

Im presuming your the guy Ears got the ESB off in the first place and made me fall in love with the most un obtainable strain of smoke possible because of just how much it helps.

Its very odd im now getting a straight story from you, as he originally told me that i wasnt meant to be getting ESB, i nearly did a sex wee when i realised the possibility of this being amongst my plants.
But im a little sad that im not going to get the best out of them because of the soil, but thats only because of the strain.

I cant believe all this time i have been thinking im growing WW and im not, i actually thought my plants looked a little different to peoples diarys of WW.

Thankyou for enlightening me, i owe you big time.

;)

sweetsinner
04-09-07, 08:26 PM
I think hes found you :dance2:

All the best
Bom!

*sings* Its a small world after alll......

BomShiva
04-09-07, 08:31 PM
LOL ah your the dude Ears got my cuttings from!!

Yes i am ;)

Why did he tell me it was WW then?

I havent a clue!

He actually told me to say hello to you awhile ago on 420 but i was mashed and forgot your user name...

Hehe Hello.

Watch out for your inbox, seeing as you know more about my grow than me ;)

No problem feel free to ask anything on the subject!

If he finds out your calling him ears he will kill you.

I very much doubt so ;)

Tell him i called him Ear's and ask him what happend to the bangi haze #4 rule please.

Tell him im dissapointed in him!

All the best
Bom!

BomShiva
04-09-07, 08:40 PM
Now i wish i had kept my clones but i couldnt risk the mites

Im presuming your the guy Ears got the ESB off in the first place and made me fall in love with the most un obtainable strain of smoke possible because of just how much it helps.

Its very odd im now getting a straight story from you, as he originally told me that i wasnt meant to be getting ESB, i nearly did a sex wee when i realised the possibility of this being amongst my plants.
But im a little sad that im not going to get the best out of them because of the soil, but thats only because of the strain.

I cant believe all this time i have been thinking im growing WW and im not, i actually thought my plants looked a little different to peoples diarys of WW.

Thankyou for enlightening me, i owe you big time.

;)

To put your mind at rest you have 3 defo ESB out of your 5, the other 2 are the WW x nl#5 x haze, i named it Chrystal Haze, yours is the #2 the only keeper we got it has a skunky road kill smell to it in flower.

Hope this helps
Bom!

sweetsinner
04-09-07, 09:10 PM
It does indeed, and so does your grow diary over on 420.

My god ESB is a sexy plant... *wipes drool*

How long do you recommend I keep these girls in flower?

BomShiva
04-09-07, 09:39 PM
It does indeed, and so does your grow diary over on 420.

My god ESB is a sexy plant... *wipes drool*

How long do you recommend I keep these girls in flower?

Well as your in westlands if you can get them to 8 weeks of flower without the buds dying off from nute burn then your doing good.

Id pull this batch at week 8 but normaly i like to go 70 to 75 days.

The sooner you pull these the sooner you can get your next lot in :toke:

I have a funny feeling your next batch will be mite free somehow *wink wink*

All the best
Bom!

greengiant
04-09-07, 10:48 PM
Looking good Sinner.

Looks like Bomshiva is giving you all the help you could wish for.

Plants are looking great too.

Can you not flush teh plants to reduce the nutrient concentration and take them to teh end o flowering.

I'm no expert, but my advice would be to keep a close eye on the trichs for peak mash-effect.

Laters!!!

BomShiva
05-09-07, 12:17 AM
Looking good Sinner.

Looks like Bomshiva is giving you all the help you could wish for.

Plants are looking great too.

Can you not flush teh plants to reduce the nutrient concentration and take them to teh end o flowering.

I'm no expert, but my advice would be to keep a close eye on the trichs for peak mash-effect.

Laters!!!

Yes i tried flushing myself when i did a grow on this new recipe westlands.

All it does is wash out all the lime in the compost thats added to raise the PH thats needed because this mixture is so high in peat content, that in it's self then causes a nute lockout as the ph is far too low for proper nutrient uptake.

At the end of the day Westlands is no longer a good option for quality home grown pot.

Bom!

Bitterfly
05-09-07, 12:49 AM
where youve been boomshiva???

dont you love this site??? i do!!!:jawdrop:

BomShiva
05-09-07, 03:00 AM
So long as you keep on top of the mite situation there shouldn't be any trouble keeping the runt as a mother.
Consider taking a couple of cuttings from her before flowering, and use them as mothers instead(remember to dip them in a neem bath first). That way you can be quite sure you're not moving mites into a new home, and you get to flower her too.

Your so right there the runt is not actually a runt its just a clone that took longer to root than the others, is from the same exact mother gene stock as the rest.

It simply did not root as fast!

Bom!

Diaper
05-09-07, 11:25 AM
Welcome to the site Bom :greet:

I hope you'll be able to hang around and enjoy watching Sweet take these girls the distance. And thanks for that little snippet about the change with Westlands;)

lkdj2003
05-09-07, 11:51 AM
Yup welcome to THC Bom, :toke:

What a small world we live in hey.... :joint:

sweetsinner
05-09-07, 01:52 PM
Your so right there the runt is not actually a runt its just a clone that took longer to root than the others

She did look rather pathetic at first but shhh i only called her runt due to her size compared to the rest, but she is now the healthiest amongst them all having been in westalnds for less time and receiving no nuits whatsoever.

Welcome to the site Bom :greet:

I hope you'll be able to hang around and enjoy watching Sweet take these girls the distance. And thanks for that little snippet about the change with Westlands;)

I think I shall be handcuffing myself to him so he does *wink*

Yup welcome to THC Bom, :toke:

What a small world we live in hey.... :joint:

And im bloody glad it is LK!

D
06-09-07, 03:27 PM
Looking forward to your update Sinner.. :)

lkdj2003
07-09-07, 01:09 AM
Looking forward to your update Sinner.. :)

Me too sweet. :weed:

sweetsinner
07-09-07, 09:25 AM
I took the pics last night before my weekly clean of the tent...so an update will be done in a mo when ive grabbed my brew, morphine and stuck chav tv on :) ah dont you love kyle lol

No before you all panic im only sweeping the tent out once a week and not cleaning as i know flowering time should be as dry as possible in the tent, fucking hard work on my back but it makes me feel im doing my best to stop mites lol.. shhh i know they live on the plant and not on the floor;)

sweetsinner
07-09-07, 11:21 AM
Update

Well were into week four of flowering and the girls have hardly had any feed because of the soil and im inclined not to feed them again but I don't know if thats the right move?

Mite patrol is going well, the plants have a few little leaves with obvious distress due to mites but i still haven't spotted anymore, and will continue the leaf protector spray for another 2 weeks and i hope I can make the next 3-4 weeks without the bastards popping up, but i am expecting them too if I am honest.

Anyway, major picture update for you all.

Pictures were taken last night before their watering as its the only chance i have of moving them when they are dry.

Plant 1

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/1a.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/1b.jpg

Plant 2

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/2a.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/2b.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/2c.jpg

Plant 3 (the runt)

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/32.jpg

Plant 4

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/4a.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/4b.jpg

Plant 5

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/5a.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/5b.jpg

Plant 6

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/6a.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/6b.jpg

Group Shots

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/group11.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/group21.jpg

I hope im doing you all proud, im actually pleased with how well they are coping so far with the shitty soil and the mites.. or maybe they are just doing ok because of mummys love ;)

WTL
07-09-07, 11:25 AM
Looking good Sweet, starting to bud up nicely.:dance2:

Midnight Toker
07-09-07, 11:38 AM
Wow, them babies are flying along now M8 ... particularly loving the last one.

Whatever you're doing it seems to be all the right things matey, they're looking nice n healthy.

Well done sweets. keep it up ... THC expects !

lkdj2003
07-09-07, 12:34 PM
Fantastic Sweet, your doing a grand job there with them ladys...:toke:

I would defo say you have some cracking pic's/plant's for this months plant of the month comp. :stoned-smilie:

Keep up that great work! :pimped:

Wise Man
07-09-07, 01:14 PM
Very nice pics mate,your plants are looking great.Kholas are forming nicely.

Diaper
07-09-07, 01:15 PM
Glad to hear you've got the mites in check, just keep it that way and you'll make it to harvest no worries.

Stay with plain water for now as Bom suggested, you can always give them a weak feed if they show signs of being hungry. Keep an eye on things, and keep us posted Sweet.

Bitterfly
07-09-07, 03:10 PM
pwoarhhh they are immense!!!!

well done, and congrats for your efforts so far!:dance2:

Riff Raff
07-09-07, 03:45 PM
Sweet, they're looking fantastic and my how they've grow!!! :Nice:
Last time i looked they were wee tiny things.

Not long to go till you'll be harvesting some mighty fine buddage.

Cracking first grow and a fine job dealing with all them wee critters.

Growz
07-09-07, 04:59 PM
How you doing sweets?

Loveing yer update buddy, proper full tent now

and nice pics i too love the last one all looking sweet as in their wee hoos ;)

keep up the good work sweets your doing exellent

Cha-Cha Chong
07-09-07, 05:05 PM
Woohoo! They are looking ace Sweet's Well done x

slim_tim
07-09-07, 07:05 PM
Sweets they are looking so good, :)

Not long now, how many more weeks are you gonna flower them for ?

Dr Benway
07-09-07, 08:10 PM
Looking good Sweetsinner, some very special genes in that tent.

Grape101
07-09-07, 10:18 PM
Sweet your ladies are looking fine my friend. Be proud of their appearance!

sweetsinner
08-09-07, 03:00 AM
Glad to hear you've got the mites in check, just keep it that way and you'll make it to harvest no worries.

Stay with plain water for now as Bom suggested

MMhmm *nods* I'm going with Bom on this one as he knows the downfalls of westlands... :) But yes Diaper I'm just going to just let them tell me what they need, and I can only hope I read it right.

Its amazing you know, to open up that tent.. and to smell it.. and know its mine, and that I have grown, loved, and hated at times these very special girls, but I know the back breaking work at times will be worth it *grins*

well done, and congrats for your efforts so far!:dance2:

Why thanks for getting your groove on Bitter :D And fankoo for the congrats, I'm pleased as punch with them :)

Last time i looked they were wee tiny things.

Cracking first grow and a fine job dealing with all them wee critters.

Thanks Riff Raff, granted they aren't as big as they should be by now, but they still are doing well, I imagined more yellowing and nuit damage by now, but I don't want to speak too soon as we all know how quickly it can turn around.

How you doing sweets?

and nice pics i too love the last one all looking sweet as in their wee hoos ;)

I'm ok thanks Lewy, very stoned at this moment in time but my back is fucking killing, over done it big time tonight but well, i dont do much stuff often, I norm in bed by 7pm now a days lol ;) I know you probably know exactly what i mean *huggles*

Anyway im waffling aren't I.. yes don't they look all cosy, i wish i could squish in and snuggle down with them :D

Woohoo! They are looking ace Sweet's Well done x

Aww Cha thankyou for popping in, thankyou hunny pie!!

Sweets they are looking so good, :)
Not long now, how many more weeks are you gonna flower them for ?

Thankyou Slim.. Well really its more of a question of how long they can survive in the soil according to Bom, so I guess i'm just going to have to see how it goes... and watch the trics, buds etc closely (like I'm not already)

Looking good Sweetsinner, some very special genes in that tent.

Thankyou Dr.. Don't i know it... Whats growing in my tent is something very very special that hit the nail on the head on alot of levels, and when you don't find that often.. well.. yes.. pretty damn special! :)

Very nice pics mate,your plants are looking great.Kholas are forming nicely.

Thankyou very much Wise man. Welcome to THC my friend :)

Sweet your ladies are looking fine my friend. Be proud of their appearance!

Oh i am Grape, its my first grow, im beaming with pride they are doing ok... that's better than any painkiller thats it that tent, and well they are alive, and will be soon making life manageable :)

D
08-09-07, 09:42 AM
pwoarhhh they are immense!!!!

I second that, fucking cracking job Sinner. :) :Nice:

asci
08-09-07, 11:34 AM
nice and big, love it..

slim_tim
09-09-07, 10:56 PM
so I guess i'm just going to have to see how it goes... and watch the trics, buds etc closely (like I'm not already)

hehe, i know the feeling. :p

Blueberryog
13-09-07, 06:11 AM
Awesome job sweets!

sweetsinner
13-09-07, 11:39 AM
Thanks blueberry..

Girls are really yellowing now, and the yellow leaves tips are showing nuit burn when they have hardly been fed.

Presuming this is the soil? I shall do a picture update today or tmrw depending on my back x

Midnight Toker
13-09-07, 12:24 PM
How long have they been in flower now sweets ??

I know you're having issues with the westlands soil, but if they're far enough along it could be quite normal for the leaves to yellow.

And if it's Nute Burn, can you not flush them through ??

lowryder
13-09-07, 12:33 PM
Whatever u do dont flush them it will only make the yellowing go faster.
It happened to my crop too and the plants i flushed didnt quite make it to the end the plant i didnt flushed just about made it.
Stick to plain water and try not to overwater them is your best bet.

Midnight Toker
13-09-07, 02:13 PM
Whatever u do dont flush them it will only make the yellowing go faster.

That would depend on why it's yellowing, if it's because there's something in the soil it doesn't like then flushing can only improve the chances.

If it's yellowing & has signs of burn to the tips, brown spots etc then again a flush should sort it out.

If it's just a general lightening of colour then it's gonna be a deficiency of some sort & needs a feed.

If it is down to the soil being too hot, badly formulated etc then leaving it will not do the plant any good ...

At least once they have been flushed & given a few days to dry out the soil should be more stable & light feeding can be resumed, gradually building up to more normal levels ...

But that's just my opinion & i aint lost a plant yet !!

lowryder
13-09-07, 03:20 PM
That would depend on why it's yellowing, if it's because there's something in the soil it doesn't like then flushing can only improve the chances.

If it's yellowing & has signs of burn to the tips, brown spots etc then again a flush should sort it out.

If it's just a general lightening of colour then it's gonna be a deficiency of some sort & needs a feed.

If it is down to the soil being too hot, badly formulated etc then leaving it will not do the plant any good ...

At least once they have been flushed & given a few days to dry out the soil should be more stable & light feeding can be resumed, gradually building up to more normal levels ...

But that's just my opinion & i aint lost a plant yet !!

Mate read bomshivas advice in this thread he was 100% spot on.
Flushing them will only delay flowering and increase the yellowing.

Midnight Toker
13-09-07, 03:36 PM
Mate read bomshivas advice in this thread he was 100% spot on.
Flushing them will only delay flowering and increase the yellowing.

M8 ... In your opinion !

As Bom also said Westlands have changed the formula, so if there's something in there they dont like you need to flush it out .... makes perfect sense to me ..

You never heard the expression more than one way to skin a cat ??

lowryder
13-09-07, 03:51 PM
M8 ... In your opinion !

As Bom also said Westlands have changed the formula, so if there's something in there they dont like you need to flush it out .... makes perfect sense to me ..

You never heard the expression more than one way to skin a cat ??

The only reason i tried to give advice is cause i tried the other ways and guess what they dont work. The plant i left growing without flushing is the only one that made it till week 9. The rest got the chop starting from week8 onwards. Flushing, feeding and the rest only will make things worst. If you find any other way arround it please let me know.

Midnight Toker
13-09-07, 04:01 PM
Well i would have thought that yellowing of the leaf tissue at week 8-9 is actually quite normal as the plant will attempt to use up all the energy stored in the leaf during the last week or two.

I dont wanna argue with you M8,

but i still say that if there's something in the mixture that the plants dont like I'd be flushing them out to the max in the hope that it would get rid of whatever was doing the damage, that way you have a level playing field to re-start a light feeding regime knowing that everything that was formulated into the soil by westlands was washed out & only the nutes that i wanted were still in there ..

sweetsinner
13-09-07, 10:48 PM
MT thankyou for popping in and for your advice but get your feet off my beanbag!! lol ;) *flops onto beanbag*
I know its logical to flush them but I am going with Bom! on this one as he also has experience with Westlands and is the daddy so to speak of my clones, bar they didn't have the mites when they left him ;)

Green said exactly the same as you about flushing them and I have seen other grows where it did them no good whatsoever..

Lowryder thanks for your sharing your experience as I was wondering if I would actually make it to week 8 LOL, your spot on sweetie that I shouldn't flush them..its just going to get worse now isn't it and there is nothing I can do :(

To Quote Bom!

Yes i tried flushing myself when i did a grow on this new recipe westlands.

All it does is wash out all the lime in the compost thats added to raise the PH thats needed because this mixture is so high in peat content, that in it's self then causes a nute lockout as the ph is far too low for proper nutrient uptake.

At the end of the day Westlands is no longer a good option for quality home grown pot.

Well as your in westlands if you can get them to 8 weeks of flower without the buds dying off from nute burn then your doing good.

Id pull this batch at week 8 but normaly i like to go 70 to 75 days

Midnight Toker
14-09-07, 08:12 AM
its just going to get worse now isn't it and there is nothing I can do :(

I dont go with that sweets ... there's always something you can do ... I dont do the "bury my head in the sand & hope it goes away" thing ...

But what do i know !!!

sweetsinner
14-09-07, 08:14 AM
I'm not the kind of girl to bury my head either darlin MT :)

I am trying my best to do what I can, but the soil is against me.. I'm still only in week 4 of flowering *little sigh* just hope they can make it through :)

*huggles*

Midnight Toker
14-09-07, 08:29 AM
Well you go for it my girl, just keep giving em lots of TLC & do what you think is right, they are your babies after all ... & apparently Mum knows best ;)

Diaper
14-09-07, 12:16 PM
It'd be real good to see just how they're doing now.

lkdj2003
14-09-07, 02:00 PM
It'd be real good to see just how they're doing now.

I agree, i bet they are flying along. :pimped:

sweetsinner
14-09-07, 06:16 PM
Pics will be done tonight as I know I can't ask for advice or moan without photographic evidence just hard getting girls out tent with the old bones but i shall do it tonight...
I'm also worried a few of the trics on the bud are starting to go a colour they shouldn't be going at this stage.. but I'll post the pics later as its maybe just me panicing as its my first time... Oooooo errrr!

Bitterfly
14-09-07, 06:29 PM
Pics will be done tonight as I know I can't ask for advice or moan without photographic evidence just hard getting girls out tent with the old bones but i shall do it tonight...
I'm also worried a few of the trics on the bud are starting to go a colour they shouldn't be going at this stage.. but I'll post the pics later as its maybe just me panicing as its my first time... Oooooo errrr!

awwww hun thats sad to hear,

dont worry about things im sure they'll be fine, looking foward to the pics if you get round to doin em tho:weed:

asci
14-09-07, 07:00 PM
trichomes or hairs? It makes a big difference hun..

Hope the bones ain't givin you too much trubble.. x

Growz
14-09-07, 07:25 PM
sweet why dont you order some good soil and repot hun even though you are 4 weeks in flower i would defo be repotting to better soil it can only make it better ;)

That westlands sounds like right shitty soil i use b&q cutting and seedling soil all through my full grow and it does the job well

honestly sweets get that westlands to feck lol ;)

sweetsinner
15-09-07, 06:52 AM
trichomes or hairs? It makes a big difference hun..

Hope the bones ain't givin you too much trubble.. x

Ahhhhh..... *little sigh of relief* hairs :D I know I am probably over worrying its just... First grow and I think because everything is so new to me whens one thing starts going wrong its panic time ;)

Update today, felt shite last night...
I don't know if its worth repotting them Lewi... I'm soo confused *laughs* but then again I am blonde, and I am only on my first cuppa ;)

asci
15-09-07, 12:02 PM
If it's the hairs I wouldn't worry then. :)

sweetsinner
15-09-07, 08:24 PM
*turns alarm bells off*
Phew! Panic over *grins*

I forced myself to sort out the girls today even though my body was screaming at me..
I removed all the dead leaves, and too be honest they don't look that bad at all now....
I think i have been panicing over nothing *blushes* Sorry everyone...but after looking at other grows I don't think they look as bad as I thought they did :blush:*laughs*
:donttouch:
Ok so they aren't perfect and as you can see they are showing nuit burn on some leaves (down to the soil me thinks) but I have seen pictures of other grows done in this soil that look alot worse at the end of week 4 than mine :D:party:

These are the best pictures I can get for now as I really can't lift the pots out tonight :(

Lets hope mummys love (winks at midnight) can get me to the end of this and keep the girls mite free (or rather I haven't spotted them but I'm sure they are hiding somewhere waiting for me to go away before they jump out) and as healthy as I can possibly get them considering :p

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/15093.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/15092.jpg

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/1509.jpg

Love as always,

sweet x

Midnight Toker
15-09-07, 09:08 PM
They're looking fantastic Sweet, all that panicking for nothing .. tsk, girls ...

:joint: :mr:

Growz
15-09-07, 09:17 PM

loving it sweets they look quality looks like yer hard work has paid off buddy ;)

still think you should repot to better soil i can 100% say they will pick up and be alot better than they are with westlands pish

just my 2 pennies worth mind ;)

Diaper
15-09-07, 09:25 PM
They don't look bad at all everything considered.

Seeing those new pics I'd say you'd be good to continue with plain water for the time being as previously suggested. With at least another 4 weeks to go there's plenty of time to give them a feed if they require.
Extra pleased to here the mites are being held at bay, again keep a close watch as best you can, and deal with any you find.

Nice job Sweet!

asci
15-09-07, 09:28 PM
yeah I'm with diaper on this sweets. I think a repot would stress them too much so far into flowering. You made them sound really bad but they look lovely to me. As long as you stay away from that soil in the future you'll be fine..

xx xx

Growz
15-09-07, 10:14 PM
"Ye have faith in the old cannabi it's stronger than it looks"

;)

sweetsinner
15-09-07, 10:28 PM
They're looking fantastic Sweet, all that panicking for nothing .. tsk, girls ...

*laughs* Thanks MT *goes pink* ok ok... but its not like I'm worrying if my bum looks too big in a dress or if my blush goes with my lipstick *laughs* these are my precious girlys who will provide me with sooooo much :D :D

They don't look bad at all everything considered.
Extra pleased to here the mites are being held at bay, again keep a close watch as best you can, and deal with any you find.

Nice job Sweet!

Thanks so much Diaper and thanks for the advice on the pm's *hugs* I have to say that leaf protector Ears brought round for me has really helped on both the yellowing situation with the soil, and the mites... (plus rubbing leaves every other day LOL I am developing an OCD for leaf rubbing)
Plus of course your invaluable advice mr mite guru!!

yeah I'm with diaper on this sweets. I think a repot would stress them too much so far into flowering. You made them sound really bad but they look lovely to me. As long as you stay away from that soil in the future you'll be fine..

xx xx

Me too asci, I'm just going to continue as it is and give them lots of tender loving care, plain water and leaf rubbing... oh and Shakespeare ;)

Does that mean you think I shall be fine and dandy on the next grow? OOo then I'm a step closer to getting the green fingers badge and being Charlie Dimmock WITH the bra ;)

"Ye have faith in the old cannabi it's stronger than it looks"

loving it sweets they look quality looks like yer hard work has paid off buddy ;)

Why thankyou Lewi :greet: Yes, they are alot tougher than they look aren't they, plus with lots of TLC I think we just may make it...
Oh and add to that a huge dollop of advice and a sprinkling of support from THC talk :D
:weed:

lkdj2003
16-09-07, 01:45 AM
Loving it sweet, they are looking very nice indeed. Welldone. :mr:

All them cola's :weed: >>

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/526/medium/15092.jpg

They will bang on the weight from now on. So that is a time to keep an eye on humidty and try and keep it as low as you can.

Keep up the great work your doing there mate. :barmy:

Cha-Cha Chong
16-09-07, 09:19 AM
Woohoo - great pics sweets! They look beautiful :D

asci
16-09-07, 09:29 AM
Considering how much you've accomplished with this grow the next one can only be even better.. :)

You'll most likely find you will still make the odd mistake but each grow it gets easier for sure. My second grow I over did the nutes and burnt a few tips but this one I'm on now would have been perfect if I'd not used shyte mothers.. boo

Bitterfly
16-09-07, 03:23 PM
they look absolutely f'ing sweet,

i bet you can't bloody wait,:weed:

keep up the good work

greengiant
16-09-07, 04:22 PM
Looking good Sweet.

For a first grow I'd say there is nothing at all wrong with those babies.

Riff Raff
17-09-07, 09:42 AM
Hey sweet, your girls are looking fantastic.:guitar:
Your gonna have yourself a nice crop there...

Good luck with the home stretch and i hope your soil doesn't muck things up.
4 weeks, not long to go although it can seem like a bloody long time when your waiting. :weed:

xxxhazexxx
17-09-07, 09:59 AM
looking nice sweets i will be keeping an eye on this cos i grow the same apart from im hydro and i use 2 600 supernovas 50 clones do a s,o,g,im doing greatwhiteshark and white rhino i will post pics in a couple days.

goodluck.

D
18-09-07, 02:34 PM
looking nice sweets i will be keeping an eye on this cos i grow the same apart from im hydro and i use 2 600 supernovas 50 clones do a s,o,g,im doing greatwhiteshark and white rhino i will post pics in a couple days.

goodluck.

I was going to grow GWS, but I changed my mind, seems like a beast of a strain though. :joint:

Sweets why are all your plants looking so f***ing healthy! :p

You have green fingers my dear :mr:

sweetsinner
18-09-07, 02:43 PM
Looking good Sweet.

For a first grow I'd say there is nothing at all wrong with those babies.

Thanks Green :) :)

Hey sweet, your girls are looking fantastic.:guitar:
Your gonna have yourself a nice crop there...

Good luck with the home stretch and i hope your soil doesn't muck things up.
4 weeks, not long to go although it can seem like a bloody long time when your waiting. :weed:

Oh I know, it smells so bloody lovely in there I can't wait for the smell to get even stronger... I also can't wait to have a spliff of my own home grown... *grins*

goodluck.

Thanks Haze, look forward to peeking at your grow diary

Sweets why are all your plants looking so f***ing healthy! :p

You have green fingers my dear :mr:

*laughs* I don't know Dru, there is so much against me I'm suprised how well they are doing considering the pictures of plants I saw when I googled the soil problems.... But I don't want to count my chickens before they have hatched as there is another 4-5 weeks to go... :) :)

D
18-09-07, 03:21 PM
*laughs* I don't know Dru, there is so much against me I'm suprised how well they are doing considering the pictures of plants I saw when I googled the soil problems.... But I don't want to count my chickens before they have hatched as there is another 3-4 weeks to go... :) :)

Well you must be doing something right then :)

They'll pack on some fine buddage now, can't wait to see your tent stock full of herb :p

lowryder
18-09-07, 07:18 PM
The plants look brilliant there sweets especially considering the bad soil.

I honestly though it would be much worst from what you were saying.

If mine lasted till week 8-9 yours can easily make it till week 10 if you wanted too.

Fingers crossed for you :o

greengiant
27-09-07, 06:38 PM
Hey sweeet.

Hows the grow going???

Grape101
27-09-07, 07:47 PM
Yeah do you have a picture updates for us Sweet?

sweetsinner
29-09-07, 09:58 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates everyone, but hey thats a good thing.. that means that the mites have been under control and the girls aren't dead *laughs*
Health is affecting my arms and hands at the moment so im not getting online as much as I want too. *pouts*

Anyway girls are doing well considering everything... Will get some better pictures when I have a good day pain wise :D

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/week61.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/week62.jpg

Runt is on the left of this picture below ;)

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/week63.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/week64.jpg

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb160/lighterfairy/week65.jpg

Storme
29-09-07, 10:01 PM
Hello precious plants..

I shall visit you soon. I promise..

Lol.

Looking good :D

If you ever want someone to post an update for you babe, I will type it up for you.

:D

Storme

Midnight Toker
29-09-07, 10:27 PM
congrats sweets, they're coming along a treat M8.

Riff Raff
30-09-07, 12:40 AM
:Nice:Those buds are fattening up nicely there sweet.

Love the way the runt is towering over the rest of them. lol :D

You got a fair old amount there too. Top stuff. :weed: