PDA

View Full Version : Quick Hash/Kief Q

Strider
12-06-12, 09:24 PM
Hey guys, hows things been? Im still just getting over the bust and facing up the legal shite and head injury complications, didn't get evicted from my flat though, which was a big worry, hope you're all well anyway, with a special shout for Blurry who's been having a tough time i gather.

oh yeah, hash, given my bust, im reduced to fuck all to smoke and fuck all $$$, but i still had quite a bit of trim left, enough to make a decent wee pile of kief, what i want to know is how best to turn it into hash?

I have one of those shakey can things with a micron screen inside and a wee crappy aluminium press, but ive never been able to get the hang of actually turning it into hash, as opposed to a little puck of powder that falls to bits, no matter what combination of heat/cool/pressure i tried...

i've made bubble hash using bags a couple of times, and never had any issue making solid-ish hash out of that so im basically wondering if i can do the same with the dry shaken kief? basically just soak/wet it and press it that way, would that work more or less the same? (stocks are low so im not wanting to cock it up, even if im only going to get a bit for a few nice strong J's)

any advice would be appreciated, i know there's likely guides and info i could hunt out but i have a headache and really not in the mood :P

Goodbuddy
12-06-12, 09:33 PM
what you want to do is wrap it in a plastic cig packet wrapper and iron it. Sounds a bit extreme, but have it on a cool setting and after about 4-5 mins of pressing and turning it'll melt together into some nice solid. Peel off the wrapper and Roberts yer mams brother :) (You can use a bit of greaseproof paper or foil as well)

Good to hear your on your way up again :)

Strider
12-06-12, 09:49 PM
an ir....on? :wtf:

in all seriousness i don't appear to have one

id tried before putting everything into the pollen press, and then sticking the whole thing into the oven for a while till the casing was scorchy hot before applying pressure to it, and i remember that sort of/not really working

OsaKa
12-06-12, 10:07 PM
hey mate, KM here :)

strange you say you added kief and stuck it in the oven as i done the very same and got a really nice lump of hash, the only thing i done different was to leave it in the freezer for about 6 hours afterwards and out came a puck but it didnt crumble like kief, more like zero zero hash.. mmm...

good to hear youve not been kicked out dude, hope you get on the mend soon bud. take care.

Strider
12-06-12, 10:20 PM
Hey man :) sounds like what id tried, but i was just making random guesses with how long to heat/chill it for, as i THIUGH i was on the right lines with that tact, i just didnt get good results from it, would wetting it with water the same way as bubblebag hash then pressing it work though? or would it still just fall to bits?

OsaKa
12-06-12, 10:31 PM
im guessing it could be down to the kief ? when ive made pucks its usually been from the kief from my grinder so it may possibly be stickier than trim ? i dunno just a thought..

as for adding water, i remember on another forum a guy used to add vanilla extract to his, more for flavour but i guess this helps to keep it together aswell, no idea if the water would just eventually evaporate once heated but id guess so,

soundwave
12-06-12, 10:45 PM
i get a lot more out the scuff box if the leaf is frozen for a few hours when dry.

done some yesterday n the leaf was 1 half years old n looks like hash powder n tastes like shit too:puke:

think i got 120mc screen on my drum but it looks a piece of piss to make one of these things.

Bobby Digital
12-06-12, 10:48 PM
Hey man :) sounds like what id tried, but i was just making random guesses with how long to heat/chill it for, as i THIUGH i was on the right lines with that tact, i just didnt get good results from it, would wetting it with water the same way as bubblebag hash then pressing it work though? or would it still just fall to bits?

what you want to do to get it into a lump (goodbud was onit)

stick it in the plastic wrapper of a fag packet, pack it all down into the bag and seal it up tight, use a bit of tape, you then wrap it up in damp news paper, half a page or the sunday sport will do :D

you then stick it in the oven at about 150/160 Celsius(the active chemicals will burn off if you go higher, cant remember the exact temps but stick with 150 to be safe)and leave it in for a few mins, then get a rolling pin(use a bottle if you haven't got one) and roll it, apply a lot of pressure(you need to get your weight on it, use a full bottle if using a bottle, dont want it breaking on ya)

stick it back in the oven for a few minutes, and repeat the rolling with pin/bottle

do this a few times, then stick it in the freezer for 10 mins till its cold, take off wrappers and enjoy :D you should be left with something less brittle that your previous efforts.

Glad you on the mend mate and you got your place still, hope your head heals soon too and good luck with the law

Strider
12-06-12, 11:00 PM
sounds plausible enough, don't think i've got a rolling pin but i have shitloads of heavy round weight discs, i think the last time i tried this method i cocked up and used clingfilm instead of cellophane and it came to bits....i have a fag packet this time :D

Cheers Soundwave, aye the shakey can thing goes in the freezer for an hour or two before getting used, the yield out of it at room temp is garbage

Bobby Digital
12-06-12, 11:04 PM
ye cling film dont work lol

soundwave
12-06-12, 11:05 PM
just make a pollinator m8 or buy 1 best smoke i have had so far and the pigs leave it as well what twits hahaha

just make sure its not a year old cos that is death powder n looks like this shit.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk37/necromunger666/S1030144.jpg

this is from fresh stuff about 1 shopping bag full.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk37/necromunger666/S1030140.jpg

Strider
12-06-12, 11:12 PM
uhhh....i think this is going to be death powder :P beggers cant be chosers and such, most of my fresher trim got made into oil a fair bit ago

soundwave
12-06-12, 11:19 PM
it does mash u up tho just not to good taste in my volcano m8 the green pollen looks like that brown ash after i vape it lol http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk37/necromunger666/vap_rasta2.png

lil rasta
12-06-12, 11:33 PM
nice little ball dude gald it worked, fucking pigs sstealing your crop

soundwave
12-06-12, 11:46 PM
how do u make the oil with gas then is it the same as using ln2?

Strider
12-06-12, 11:51 PM
ln2?

for oil i have a big plastic waste pipe extractor tube, with a coffee filter taped at one end, and a cap with a small hole drilled at the other, just big enough to catch the nozzle from a butane can in, plonk down a basin full of hot water with a glass dish floating inside then start discharging the butane into the extractor, with the filter end above the dish, after a few cans the oil/gas starts escaping the end and collecting in the glass dish, with the temp keeping the butane evaporating away....roughly :P

soundwave
12-06-12, 11:59 PM
ln2 is Liquid nitrogen is that what u use the gas for as its cold.

Strider
13-06-12, 12:05 AM
ah, twas just butane i used

oh well, that was a massive waste of my time, i've either misjudged the heat or pressure as the hash and the wrapper are one and the same, utterly ruined, no smoke for me tonight :(

soundwave
13-06-12, 12:11 AM
bummer m8 better luck next time.

got any vid links on making oil cant get my head round it atm

Strider
13-06-12, 12:23 AM
*coughs plastic fumes* i'll live

was a really good vid i watched when i started doing it a year or two ago, cant find the bugger just now though, if i come across it later ill throw it up, there is tons of them though

soundwave
13-06-12, 12:30 AM
is it done like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvO_ly5gfos&feature=channel&list=UL

soundwave
13-06-12, 01:03 AM
i found some lither gas down ster n just sucked it in wooo

Pot-head:)_
19-07-12, 10:46 PM
what you want to do to get it into a lump (goodbud was onit)

stick it in the plastic wrapper of a fag packet, pack it all down into the bag and seal it up tight, use a bit of tape, you then wrap it up in damp news paper, half a page or the sunday sport will do :D

you then stick it in the oven at about 150/160 Celsius(the active chemicals will burn off if you go higher, cant remember the exact temps but stick with 150 to be safe)and leave it in for a few mins, then get a rolling pin(use a bottle if you haven't got one) and roll it, apply a lot of pressure(you need to get your weight on it, use a full bottle if using a bottle, dont want it breaking on ya)

stick it back in the oven for a few minutes, and repeat the rolling with pin/bottle

do this a few times, then stick it in the freezer for 10 mins till its cold, take off wrappers and enjoy :D you should be left with something less brittle that your previous efforts.

Just tried :D
Gotta say BD it works a treat :stoned-smilie:
Need to perfect the celafane wrap/ how much pressure i use, coz i split it and i`m pullin bits off my hash.
But really pleased an stoned with myself. Lol

Happy hash-making :D