PDA

View Full Version : Caught by police!! Can I get away with it????

greengiant
24-07-07, 09:17 AM
Don't worry people. Not caught with my plants.

Caught using my phone whilst driving.

I don't make calls whilst driving but sometimes take them. No excuse I know but see what you think.

Anyway he gave me the yellow fixed penalty / producer document but failed to complete all the vehicle details. He included make and model, but not teh actual registration number.

Do you think I can get off on a technicality since without this detail they are unable to confirm what vehicle the offense was committed in.

What do you lot think?

asci
24-07-07, 09:29 AM
Mate you got caught doing the one thing that drives me nuts. It's only right you pay the fine man... Get a hands free kit!

Midnight Toker
24-07-07, 09:32 AM
Ooooh, now thats an interesting one ...

Being the pig headed, stubborn, establishment hater that i am I reckon i'd play this one to the max.

I have had a case dropped many years ago because someone fucked up on the paperwork, basically the beak tore the CPS solicitor to bits & gave him a right telling off for wasting the courts time.

did you sign anything ???

But having said that, what the feck were you doing answering the phone ?? ... really M8, you should know better .. what if a kid had stepped out in front of you while you were distracted ... would it still be worth it ??

Jameo
24-07-07, 09:35 AM
I think that if you were to try and get off with it then you'd have to go to court, and would then have to pay the penalty and court costs if you were too loose, i'd probably just pay it mate. Then thats me and I dont have a car :)

greengiant
24-07-07, 09:38 AM
Mate you got caught doing the one thing that drives me nuts. It's only right you pay the fine man... Get a hands free kit!

I agree that its wrong, and I should really be punished.

The fact is, that I wont be paying the fine if they lack the competence to prosecute me correctly. If they don't do their job properly then I wont be paying them.

I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

greengiant
24-07-07, 09:45 AM
But having said that, what the feck were you doing answering the phone ?? ... really M8, you should know better .. what if a kid had stepped out in front of you while you were distracted ... would it still be worth it ??

Kids generally don't step out onto dual carriageways. In the middle of nowhere, where you can see everything there is to see.

Midnight Toker
24-07-07, 09:45 AM
Although you were wrong to do it i cant argue with that ...

But if you cant manage to go 5 mins without answering your phone do as asci says & get a hands free kit M8.

Personally i never call anyone or answer the phone while driving ... ever.

Ok so maybe kids dont step out on dual carriageways but cars, lorries, coaches pull out from side roads or lay byes ...

Dont wanna get into a fight over it M8, But Please Dont try to justify it by saying it was on a dual carriageway, would it have made a difference if you were in town ??, you've already said you answer calls whilst on the move.

I drive up n down a particular motorway everyday & regularly see idiots doing 100 mph whilst on the phone.

asci
24-07-07, 09:50 AM
true they fucked up, but at the end of the day you get a handsfree kit with every phone these days, so you have no excuse man..

(I was rear ended once by someone on their phone you see)

greengiant
24-07-07, 09:51 AM
Although you were wrong to do it i cant argue with that ...

But if you cant manage to go 5 mins without answering your phone do as asci says & get a hands free kit M8.

Personally i never call anyone or answer the phone while driving ... ever.

Ok so maybe kids dont step out on dual carriageways but cars, lorries, coaches pull out from side roads or lay byes ...

Dont wanna get into a fight over it M8, But Please Dont try to justify it by saying it was on a dual carriageway, would it have made a difference if you were in town ??, you've already said you answer calls whilst on the move.

I drive up n down a particular motorway everyday & regularly see idiots doing 100 mph whilst on the phone.

I wont be answering my phone or using it in future.

I have always learnt the hard way and I always will.

Midnight Toker
24-07-07, 09:59 AM
I wont be answering my phone or using it in future.

That's cool,

If nothing else, this lil incident could save your/a life one day by not distracting you from a potential accident.

Peace my friend .. :joint:

greengiant
24-07-07, 10:08 AM
That's cool,

If nothing else, this lil incident could save your/a life one day by not distracting you from a potential accident.

Peace my friend .. :joint:

you too dude

Jameo
24-07-07, 10:35 AM
lol its a thread full dads to keep us young uns on the straight and narrow ;)

I agree though tis a sensible law ;)

Mr-Dynamic
24-07-07, 10:37 AM
I hate people driving while on the phone, they get a swift ' Your a wanker' sign from me everytime.

Midnight Toker
24-07-07, 10:38 AM
lol its a thread full dads to keep us young uns on the straight and narrow ;)

And dont you forget it either my son !!.

someone has to keep an eye on you rabble :)

greengiant
24-07-07, 11:03 AM
I hate people driving while on the phone, they get a swift ' Your a wanker' sign from me everytime.

I'd give you one back. lol

Mr-Dynamic
24-07-07, 11:05 AM
I'd give you one back. lol

Well thats the best bit, im always up for an argument with randoms :D
I think i get Road rage a little too easily..

greengiant
24-07-07, 11:06 AM
Well thats the best bit, im always up for an argument with randoms :D
I think i get Road rage a little too easily..

Me too. Come close to blows a few times.

Mr-Dynamic
24-07-07, 11:08 AM
Haha, My mate gets funny looks wherever he goes in his car now, might be something to do with me usually shouting out the window at folks, nothing more fun than to drive up from behind someone you know and shout bang when your about 2 feet away. scares em shitless. i love it.

Mum
24-07-07, 12:31 PM
Personally I would have thought that using a handsfree kit is just as bad.
It's more the fact that you're talking to someone on the phone when you should be concentrating on the road that causes crashes more than anything, I would have thought? :confused:

LAL
24-07-07, 01:02 PM
yeah ur right mum, they did a study which showed talking on a phone whilst driving made the driver more likley to get tunnel vision!!

greengiant
24-07-07, 01:05 PM
Personally I would have thought that using a handsfree kit is just as bad.
It's more the fact that you're talking to someone on the phone when you should be concentrating on the road that causes crashes more than anything, I would have thought? :confused:

I agree completely with you mum.

Its not the one less hand that causes the accidents. Its the fact only 50% or less of your brain is comitted to driving and looking out for possible dangers.

AyiaNapa
24-07-07, 06:54 PM
Same thing happened to me mate except i was parked but had my ignition on, no i didnt get booked but let us know how it turns out.

:ban: :p

Blueberryog
24-07-07, 07:09 PM
You can get a ticket for talking on the phone?

blurry-vision
24-07-07, 07:36 PM
You can get a ticket for talking on the phone?

Yeah if your in a MOVING car it's Illegal same in the states I assume ??

asci
24-07-07, 07:58 PM
I'd bet money on the fact my concentration levels are just as good while hands free. I I get quite offended when everyones levels of ability is summarised like that.

But then I consider myself a very aware driver mainly because I just love having the ability to drive. After doing a rally course many years ago I was just hooked on efficient driving. But then I see so many on the road not even looking at where they are going. Any decent driver should have an understanding on what lies ahead not this cutting up shit you get.. I'd never go as quick as I do if I was even slightly less aware of whats around me.

Blueberryog
24-07-07, 11:39 PM
Yeah if your in a MOVING car it's Illegal same in the states I assume ??

I dont think so...i really think it should be. Ive never seen it enforced...or heard of a case of it

blurry-vision
25-07-07, 12:15 AM
I dont think so...i really think it should be. Ive never seen it enforced...or heard of a case of it

That's surprising Blue if it's how it is..

Cha-Cha Chong
25-07-07, 01:29 PM
I can't talk on the phone and drive, I just can't cope with holding a phone to my ear and trying to changer gear ect...........I can't even smoke a fag and drive! I do sing and drive though heehee!