PDA

View Full Version : Light cycle fucked by family do.

Riff Raff
24-07-07, 03:38 PM
Right folks, here's the problem.

Got to go away to london cause of some family business, but this is going to right royally fuck up my 12/12 schedule.

Because i grow in my greenhouse i got to move my plants everynight/morning to and from my black-out room.

I,ve got to go on a monday morning and i ain't gony get back till tuesday late afternoon.

At the moment i've been doing 8pm-8am darkness.

So do i leave them in darkness for 2 days and 3 nights or do i leave them in the greenhouse for an extended light period and some dark at night.

They will be about 6 weeks flowering by then.

Its the best of a 2 bad options really, as i can't rope anyone in to move them for me.

Cheers from a very annoyed RR.

asci
24-07-07, 04:22 PM
eek. Out of the two I'd have thought leaving them to a natural cycle would be better than all that time in the dark. I'd have thought they would be more likely to hermie that way..

lkdj2003
24-07-07, 04:53 PM
I agree with asci on this one. But either way they both are risky really. I mean after having some extra light they may start to try and revert just as you come back and start there dark period again which could hermie them then. Or if you leave them in the dark for two days and then bring them back out into the light, that could hermie them. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

Is't never bloody easy hey. :rolleyes:

Bitterfly
25-07-07, 12:59 AM
i think you should flip a coin!

Riff Raff
25-07-07, 02:01 AM
I've had a good long think about this problem and had an idea that could be a solution.

What if i get a grow light?

I've been thinking of getting an indoor set-up on the go, so i've got more control over the grow, plus the weathers just to shit to be relied upon.

At the moment i'm thinking of just getting a light to get me through the going away problem

Something like this http://www.greenshorticulture.co.uk/details.asp?productid=632.

The powerplant 600watt grolux dual spectrum. I won't be using any extractor fans or filters, the rooms pretty big, and there will be a fan on to move the air about.

The 1 of the 2 tall plants have got a couple of bananas on them already so i think there a bit sensitive to being fucked about.

Will order it t'morrow.

Anyone see any problems with this.

Cheers, slightly more happy RR

greengiant
25-07-07, 10:47 AM
Nice light choice. Not sure why it says you can't use it in a grow tent though?? Just because its "hard wired".

I do think you will have temperature problems trying to run that in a room with no ventilation though. Can you not leave a window slightly open?

Riff Raff
25-07-07, 10:56 AM
The lights are only gonna be on for 2 twelve hour cycles while i'm away really.
The room is pretty big and i can leave a loft hatch open so any hot air can rise up into the roof space.

Its really an emergency procedure because they are gonna hermi like fuck i think if i mess around with the 12/12 cycle.

Can't leave a window open unfortunatley.

Its a bit of a dire situation so its the best i can do in the time i got.

Cheers for the intrest green giant, its always good to hear other opinions.

Jameo
25-07-07, 11:45 AM
I think thats the best of a bad situation, was just going to suggest a small enviro for you to use tempory while you were away, they wouldn't really grow much because the light would be crap but at least it wouldnt screw with the photperiod, and you wouldn't have to worry about ventilation, but if your thinking about starting an indoor go for the beast of the light!!

lkdj2003
25-07-07, 11:57 AM
That light does sound like the best option Riff. :greet:

The plant with the bananas on i would have a good think about how many the plant has and are any likely to open whilst your away and pollinate your other female plant's. If there is alot of the male flowers forming on that plant i would tend to chuck it or keep it well away from your other girls just in case. If you where going to be around your plant's you could just keep plucking the male flowers off. Good luck with it mate.

Riff Raff
25-07-07, 12:54 PM
Thanks folks :leaf:

Feeling a bit happier now.

Lk theres only a few bananas at the moment ,so i've been plucking them off so they don't get jiggy with one another :bump:.

Its been too long a journey to even think about chucking them, so i got to keep plucking the horny little bastids and hope for the best.

Nice one folks, Have a :joint:and a :bong: and maybe even a:bigjoint:

lkdj2003
25-07-07, 01:42 PM
Lol @ jiggy. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

In that case mate you should be ok just for a couple of days if there are the odd one or two male flowers. I had a battle with some dutch passion ultra skunk fems that hermied, i kept plucking the buggers off and i managed to keep 3 plants seed free. One hermied to bad to be saved at week 3 of flowering.