PDA

View Full Version : THC solubility

new_guy
13-01-09, 02:46 AM
ive searched the web and cant find an answer,

i know THC isnt soluble in water but is in alcohol. This is where my chemistry thinking kicks in .... both of these are polar compounds due to the slight positive charge on the hydrogen and the slight negative charge on the oxygen (in water).

Now, is THC only soluble in alcohol because only the positive charge on the hydrogen is exposed?

im trying to work out how to make something with any quality trim left over that isnt cannabutter (dont really fancy stinking the house out cos its not mine) and not got alcohol in it (dont really fancy mixing the two for a casual chill), or anything loaded with sugar.

Tea with 2 teaspoons of sugar would be fine.

any recommendations?

GSXRnutter
13-01-09, 08:42 AM
You can make butane honey oil out of left over trim, either using a home made extractor or you can buy honey bee extractors off the net, just youtube butane honey oil,plenty of instruction on there.

bubbs
13-01-09, 10:32 AM
Be very carefull if your gonna make honey oil, make sure its well ventelated where you prepare it

here is a guide https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showpost.php?p=106568&postcount=1

new_guy
13-01-09, 12:08 PM
i think ill just stick to smoking the green lol much easier and safer

LAL
13-01-09, 03:09 PM
make some bubble hash....

just cold water, loads of ice and a set of bubblebags...

new_guy
13-01-09, 04:15 PM
what are bubble bags?

wozy
13-01-09, 04:50 PM
bags with different grade mesh, sifts the trim and catches the crystals

LAL
13-01-09, 04:55 PM
^^ yeah what he said.. can get a machine that does all the mixing for you aswell.. they end product is of the highest quality and sells in dam for between 15 and 40 euros a gram depending on quality of course (in dam).... i personally prefer the 72micron bag the best... just goes so gooey when u heat it up in your hand....

bubbs
13-01-09, 06:31 PM
you can use expensive fine ladies tights too ;) not quite as good quality as bubble bags but good all the same :)

Bush Dr
13-01-09, 07:19 PM
Google the Bubbleman or check Pot TV

Bubble hash is very rewarding to make

new_guy
14-01-09, 02:31 AM
i think this may be worth a peek hehe cheers guys once again

new_guy
15-01-09, 04:21 PM
does thc dissolve in sugar? .... lol sick of me yet ?:P