PDA

View Full Version : Lst help

Berg
18-07-12, 05:18 PM
Hey all when should I start the Lst I'm gonna use the clothes hanger method but when Is too soon to start this? My plants are only 12 days old

LBN
18-07-12, 05:21 PM
i'm not sure but i think i've seen you wait till you have 4-5 nodes first

mellowed
16-08-12, 01:34 PM
http://blahblahblah....

No linking to other sites

There's plenty of lst threads to link to from this forum.

Mr.UnclePen
24-11-12, 06:18 PM
Yes, definitely wait until the 4-5 node. If you do it earlier the main stem (at least from my experience) is so small that the bend keeps it from sending nutrients to the top of the plant, up from the soil. I've found if done too early it will stunt growth.

gavin
24-11-12, 11:23 PM
I have lst plants loads of time (but only in soil), and there are diffent ways depending on your set up :

have you got a veg and flower room ?
do you want to veg and flower all the way through in one pot ?
do you want to go up in pot size from a small pot to a big pot in flower ?

and knowing what lights, room size you have, will help

Mr Pothead
25-11-12, 12:02 AM
If its big enough to be bent over, bend it over

UserNameWasTaken
10-01-13, 12:42 AM
I have lst plants loads of time (but only in soil), and there are diffent ways depending on your set up :

have you got a veg and flower room ?

and knowing what lights, room size you have, will help

Can I play?

have you got a veg and flower room ? I have two rooms, can do veg in one, flower in the other or veg and flower in both.

For sake of simplicity yes. Which actually leads me to a question that's been bouncing around my head. If you start a sog or scrog, wouldn't you have to start and finish all in one pot! If not, I am really in need of how you would do this!

Again, for sake of simplicity I would like to stay in one pot. But, if it is advisable not to do so I am all ears.

Thanks

UN

gavin
10-01-13, 10:51 PM
hi usernamewastaken
I would like to help, but it sound like you need to lean, a lot more about growing weed and do a basic grow, first before you start playing with your plants

LST - (low stress training) put it simple, as the plant grows, tie it down, so the shape of the plant makes best use of the light

SOG - (sea of green) loads of small plants, veg for a week or two and flower, you may have 20 to 100+ plants under a 600w hps (very large yeild)

SCROG- (screen of green) you keep the plant growing under a screen, till the screen is nearly full and flower the nodes grow throw the screen, 6-12" high and the screen is full of bud, looks like a sog,
(yeild the same as a sog ), but with only, a few plants, take a few extra weeks, and you need to flower and veg in the same room ( full scrog)

stephen07
10-01-13, 10:59 PM
I fancy a sgrog next time Gavin , but was thinking of doing diffrent strains . Can u still do it :)

UserNameWasTaken
10-01-13, 11:56 PM
hi usernamewastaken
I would like to help, but it sound like you need to lean, a lot more about growing weed and do a basic grow, first before you start playing with your plants

LST - (low stress training) put it simple, as the plant grows, tie it down, so the shape of the plant makes best use of the light

SOG - (sea of green) loads of small plants, veg for a week or two and flower, you may have 20 to 100+ plants under a 600w hps (very large yeild)

SCROG- (screen of green) you keep the plant growing under a screen, till the screen is nearly full and flower the nodes grow throw the screen, 6-12" high and the screen is full of bud, looks like a sog,
(yeild the same as a sog ), but with only, a few plants, take a few extra weeks, and you need to flower and veg in the same room ( full scrog)

Gavin, you are correct I am new to this but I am familiar with the lst techniques via research which lead me to my questions.

gavin
10-01-13, 11:58 PM
hi stephen
you can do a scrog with most strains, some strains are not very good for scrog,
bushy strain's work best, most high sativa domit strain (60/40) are good

I will be trying a v scrog soon, but have an ideal to increase the yeild a bit and veg in a veg room, half the size of the flower room, :)
only an ideal, don't know if its going to work but giving it a go, should be starting it, in the next 3-4 weeks

stephen07
11-01-13, 12:02 AM
hi stephen
you can do a scrog with most strains, some strains are not very good for scrog,
bushy strain's work best, most high sativa domit strain (60/40) are good

I will be trying a v scrog soon, but have an ideal to increase the yeild a bit and veg in a veg room, half the size of the flower room, :)
only an ideal, don't know if its going to work but giving it a go, should be starting it, in the next 3-4 weeks

I'm subbed , mine shouldn't be far off by them . Starting to frost over now :) pease .

gavin
11-01-13, 12:15 AM
Gavin, you are correct I am new to this but I am familiar with the lst techniques via research which lead me to my questions.

ok to answer your question, to get a good yeild, 2 plants per 600w hps (best light), 20ltr pots,(one pot size, start to finsh) , a large screen with 50mm/2" square holes, are good,
keep all growth under the screen till you flower, :) good luck

if you get stuck, just ask and I will do my best to help you ;)

UserNameWasTaken
11-01-13, 02:32 AM
ok to answer your question, to get a good yeild, 2 plants per 600w hps (best light), 20ltr pots,(one pot size, start to finsh) , a large screen with 50mm/2" square holes, are good,
keep all growth under the screen till you flower, :) good luck

if you get stuck, just ask and I will do my best to help you ;)

Thanks man... Sounds good,.. I am planing on doing 4 plants under a 600w hps

When I get a few more posts I will return and throw up my floor plan diagra,.

gavin
11-01-13, 07:01 AM
4 plants will cut down, the veg time, If you growing in a tent and you have 2 or more doors, frount/sides, its a good ideal, if not its going to be hard work for u,
getting to the back plants under the screen, but can be done ;)
be good to see the floor plan

UserNameWasTaken
11-01-13, 01:22 PM
4 plants will cut down, the veg time, If you growing in a tent and you have 2 or more doors, frount/sides, its a good ideal, if not its going to be hard work for u,
getting to the back plants under the screen, but can be done ;)
be good to see the floor plan

Gavin,

I am actually building two full rooms. I have them framed, insulated, drywalled, plywood on the ceiling and panda wrapped. Let me get my post count up and I will put up my diagram.

Thanks man

UserNameWasTaken
11-01-13, 08:55 PM
Ok, here is my layout diagram

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/12/7evy9ehu.jpg

gavin
12-01-13, 01:10 AM
The rooms look ok, but you would be better off having the in take air, going throw the veg room, into the flower room as you can have the veg room light on 24h, helps the flower room stay warm,( when lights out ), you need the carbon filter in the flower room, so it gets rid of the smell quick, in late flower, it gets strong,

if you have not got the light yet, go for a 250w hps/mh for veg,
just the right amount of light for veging a few plants to go under a 600w hps

if you keep the veg room small, the plants will not out grow the flower room, in flower, easy to do with a large veg room ;)
2ft x 3ft veg room, would be good

you need to hang or put some type of refletive boards, plasic/wall round the edge of the light foot print as light that is not reflected on to the canopy will reduce your yeild,

you could be better doing a small veg room (3ftx2ft)and flower room(4ftx 3ft) with a wall round each, as basement get very cold, do you want to keep 18sqrt or 96sqrt warm all the time ?

UserNameWasTaken
12-01-13, 08:11 AM
Gavin.. I actually should change the 400w to 600 as well. I am going to veg and flower 6 plants in each room, no moving plants.