PDA

View Full Version : How to build a SCROG

-Smokey-
20-07-12, 04:28 PM
I've just built my scrog for my new groom and thought i'd share it with everyone how i made it so people in the future could possibly use this as a basic guide. My scrog is 1800mm x 1300mm and 600mm high (300mm from the top of my NFT tray)

First of all I went to be B&Q and got my self 8 lengths of kiln dried wood. They measure 19mm x 38mm and 1.8m long. I paid around £8 for them. I then saw some of this (see picture below) at my work so I stole it :D They measure 600mm x 600mm.

Here they are laid out on the floor

I think made a frame to match the size

I laid the net on on top of the frame

I think installed braces on the corners to make it stronger and to house the legs

-Smokey-
20-07-12, 04:32 PM

The frame stood up and all ready for the metal netting

You will notice there a gap on the middle. I've done this so I can get in a train them better in the middle because my hands can't fit through the squares

I then popped to the shop and got some tie wraps to fix it in position

-Smokey-
20-07-12, 04:37 PM

All fixed in position and done :) Obviously you can use some else for the netting as long as its sturdy and won't bend to easily. You can use certain types of chicken wire just try and make sure the holes at approx 2" and try and get plastic coated wire.

Hope this helps anyone out there, thanks for reading :)

All in the groom and ready to be filled out

Happy days

-Smokey-
20-07-12, 04:42 PM
Fucks sake, can a mod change some of the words so it makes sense because I'm using my phone and it's a nightmare to proof read it, thanks :)

Ozgrower
20-07-12, 05:08 PM
Nice screen buddy.

frost313
21-07-12, 12:23 AM
Looking good man

L
21-07-12, 12:34 AM
Is it fairly heavy?

-Smokey-
21-07-12, 01:40 AM
Is it fairly heavy?

No not really pal, I can lift it with one hand :)

WeeDz
21-07-12, 02:18 AM
Were did u get the netting to cover it bud

taylor
21-07-12, 03:45 AM
I then saw some of this at my work so I stole it :D

Haha like it! my last employer unknowingly donated some huge kilner jars ( in my profile pic) which I was very thankful for :dance2:
Good post and nice scrog btw!

B.A.BARACUS
21-07-12, 05:56 AM
That's good DIY that is fella

Friday
21-07-12, 08:59 AM
Brilliant DIY Screen dude - well done fella.
Bring on the scrog :)

Friday :)
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?74253-Fridays-1st-Bash-Coco-)-RPS-Kosher-Kush-amp-DP-The-Utimate

-Smokey-
15-08-12, 11:58 AM
I little progress pic for anyone who gives a shit :D

L
15-08-12, 12:17 PM
The reason I asked about the weight is the plants may actually lift the screen if it is to light.

-Smokey-
15-08-12, 12:49 PM
The reason I asked about the weight is the plants may actually lift the screen if it is to light.

Ah right cool. Na the plants haven't lifted is as off yet. The "netting" is made from plastic coated steel so I can't see them lifting it

L
15-08-12, 04:33 PM
Ah right cool. Na the plants haven't lifted is as off yet. The "netting" is made from plastic coated steel so I can't see them lifting it

But you said it aint heavy?

Plants are pretty strong I mean a weed can grow through a concrete slab.

-Smokey-
15-08-12, 05:04 PM
I can lift it with one hand but that doesn't mean I wasn't struggling. ;) I'll take some pics later to move my point if you want

L
15-08-12, 05:05 PM
I can lift it with one hand but that doesn't mean I wasn't struggling. ;) I'll take some pics later to move my point if you want

I trust ya;)

Back 40 NV
15-08-12, 05:56 PM
Looks nice!!! Good job

greenthumb123
22-09-12, 02:50 PM
a very informative post.i have the information needed now to build my own.thank you:)

pigboy01
22-09-12, 03:04 PM
thats a really good job m8.top DIY

-Smokey-
22-09-12, 05:00 PM
Cheers fellas. Top scrogging!

-Smokey-
18-10-12, 01:10 AM
Sticky? Thank if you agree :D

Dal
18-10-12, 06:35 PM
Not arf Smokey loving the diy section, love your simplicity mate, how it should be nice n easy with no fuss n no flash lol not been on here long and from what I've seen in the hydro scrog department alls good will be having a go myself one day. Need to read as much hydro n the like as poss n all these pukka little threads with well simple description are the best. Just learning the soil side and how plants grow, (my online free apprenticeship from thct!) by time I'm happy to go over to water farm territory I wanna see as much as I can then change my basement n tents into a proper walled off Groom.:)
Sticky? Thank if you agree :D

-Smokey-
18-10-12, 07:15 PM
Not arf Smokey loving the diy section, love your simplicity mate, how it should be nice n easy with no fuss n no flash lol not been on here long and from what I've seen in the hydro scrog department alls good will be having a go myself one day. Need to read as much hydro n the like as poss n all these pukka little threads with well simple description are the best. Just learning the soil side and how plants grow, (my online free apprenticeship from thct!) by time I'm happy to go over to water farm territory I wanna see as much as I can then change my basement n tents into a proper walled off Groom.:)

Welcome to the forum pal, in sure you'll love it here. Everyday is a school day for me here. All I do is read this forum all day because I'm in retail and its slow at times so I just read everything on this site.
Have you got a dairy on the go mate?

Dal
18-10-12, 09:48 PM
Yeah on my 2nd grow from a cutting of my original superskunk, joined end of lst yr been meaning to grow my own for a long time now, at last I've started 15 yr later lol.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?77851-dal-s-cutting-from-Superskunk

Welcome to the forum pal, in sure you'll love it here. Everyday is a school day for me here. All I do is read this forum all day because I'm in retail and its slow at times so I just read everything on this site.
Have you got a dairy on the go mate?

Bubbles LM
18-10-12, 09:55 PM
Good work mate, don't get fired on your day off, stealing boxes..

-Smokey-
19-10-12, 02:46 PM
Good work mate, don't get fired on your day off, stealing boxes..

Hahaha that was Craig (Ice cube) but still I found it funny.

"You've got to be a stupid mother fucker to get fired on your day off!" Hahaha

nuttygrower
07-11-12, 08:42 AM
Nice one Smokey, I will defo be trying this at some stage in the future after seeing the results ppl are getting with NFT's and scrogs in small places! :)

Cheers for the info! ;)

-Smokey-
07-11-12, 10:04 AM
NFT scrogs are the future! They work well together because all NFTers know that later on in the grow they can tip over if your supported properly. This obviously stops that problem and increases yield at the same time.

"What the fuck you doing stealing boxes?"

L
07-11-12, 01:17 PM
NFT scrogs are the future! They work well together because all NFTers know that later on in the grow they can tip over if your supported properly. This obviously stops that problem and increases yield at the same time.

Spot on mate :)

nuttygrower
07-11-12, 02:00 PM

Cheers dude, nice one.

So how big would you go with a scrog dude??

I am defo going to try it in my little cupboard that holds a gt205, but do you think I should also do it in my 0.6m deep x 1.1m wide x 1.8m high tent that has a gt424 in it?

Also if l got a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 tent, would I get away with doing 2 x gt424's in a larger scrog??

-Smokey-
07-11-12, 02:08 PM
Cheers dude, nice one.

So how big would you go with a scrog dude??

I am defo going to try it in my little cupboard that holds a gt205, but do you think I should also do it in my 0.6m deep x 1.1m wide x 1.8m high tent that has a gt424 in it?

Also if l got a 1.2 x 1.2 x 2.0 tent, would I get away with doing 2 x gt424's in a larger scrog??

Depends on the size of your groom and the light your gonna be using. I'd do it as big as your light spread as long as your willing to hold out and veg for a bit longer than normal. A 600w would be fine in both them sizes you have put above. Perfect for the 1.2x 1.2 tent with parobolic reflector. You could either build a scrog like mine or buy one from greens that fits the 1.2 x 1.2 perfectly and it slides onto your tent poles

nuttygrower
07-11-12, 02:11 PM
Ok cool, nice one dude I shall defo look into this thurther then! ;)

Dan69
11-11-12, 11:19 PM
im gonna do me first scrog next mate thanks for posting dude,smoky when the plants reach the scrog do you have to do anything to them?or just leave them cheers mate

-Smokey-
12-11-12, 10:03 AM
You have to keep them under the screen til it's about 70% then flower them. There is some good articles you can read up on how to do it in this forum or just check my diary out or anyone else's who has done a scrog

pukkachedda
12-11-12, 03:38 PM

ha ha tell me about it,lol,i nearly died the other day the 1 that i didnt staple down was nearly on the floor,lol.u defo have to support in nft as u say,nice 1 matey..good scrogg also..

-Smokey-
23-01-13, 02:03 PM
Bump for any noob scroggers lurking

harvestfestival
17-02-13, 12:04 PM
thanks for the bump and thanks for the detail
ed post mate. I'm going to do a bit more reading on this. it does look like it could be ideal for the space that I have. I have a few questions but I will have a good read first see if I can answer them first.

cheers

CJ67
04-03-13, 07:26 PM
Just started first scrog and realised I havnt got enough support under it because of seeing this thread, cheers.

Anyone looking for the wire mesh, this stuff is perfect if a bit expensive. http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=360450

-Smokey-
04-03-13, 08:57 PM
What do you mean by support mate? You mean it's 'legs'?

CJ67
05-03-13, 06:37 PM
What do you mean by support mate? You mean it's 'legs'?

Yeah I just had to hung on long tie wire and supported by bungee cords, but I made some 'legs' for it last night. All nice and secure now and I lifted it slightly too.

Week 6 of growth in my first NFT grow with some BC kush fem seeds, and the screen is filling up nicely, I'll probably switch in a week or 2.

-Smokey-
05-03-13, 06:46 PM
Yeah I just had to hung on long tie wire and supported by bungee cords, but I made some 'legs' for it last night. All nice and secure now and I lifted it slightly too.

Week 6 of growth in my first NFT grow with some BC kush fem seeds, and the screen is filling up nicely, I'll probably switch in a week or 2.

Nice one mate keep it. NFT with a SCROG is a perfect combo. Just veg till your screen is 80% then carry on training till your screen is full then your away

CJ67
05-03-13, 10:59 PM
Still not used to the site really and BC kush doesnt seem searchable due to just 2 letters, where would be best to look for BC kush reviews etc ?

OCB
01-06-13, 12:09 PM
just found this and it's great info for newbie like me. thanks buddy

duddlebubble
04-06-13, 04:10 PM
Nice setup. Great write up as well. Thank you.

Sent from my NES