PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else had weather related problems?

thcprofessor
26-07-12, 01:26 AM
Has anyone else had issues with any plants/crops this year? The immense amount of rain wreaked havoc with my potatoes, which led to blight...some of my beets and broad beans had similar issues and my tomatoes havent grown as well as last year :(

Sent using jedi mind tricks

kyg
26-07-12, 02:31 AM
we have had the opposite here in usa thcprofessor its been a drought and i grow outdoors..i have managed to get me some polycrystals and put out in my plot..i have heard that mircle gro moister control will keep ur plants from being over watered if u are haveing a issue wit that if ur growing outdoors...im sure this stuff will work on regualr veggies as well look into it bro

Bobby Digital
26-07-12, 08:34 AM
my veg patch this year is going ok, waiting on me tomatoes to ripen mmmm home made tomato relish yummy

Goodbuddy
26-07-12, 10:09 AM
I missed the early prep and sprouting this year due to house move, but my tommies, chillies, cucumbers, peppers are catching up fast.

The only thing the weather has stopped me doing is a good double-dig in the new veg patch, the soil is just way too heavy so no veggies this year :(

Bud Lightyear
26-07-12, 09:47 PM
Had no trouble with my veggies this year, could be because i get them out of asda or morrisons lol.

alwaysnumb
28-07-12, 01:12 PM
Mostly OK broadbeans were crap, small amount of potato blight but asnt too bad and only effected 2 plants. Younger lettuce got a bit bashed up and I didnt bother planting any new ones for the weeks it pissed down.