PDA

View Full Version : Lst advice needed

Sparky1696
05-08-12, 10:55 PM
Trying lst on one of my girls for the first time and seems to be working nicely but after a lot of reading I'm still unsure when I release the restraints or do I just keep the bitch tied down?

blue cheese
05-08-12, 10:57 PM
i would just keep them tied down allowing the hidden spots of the plant to be constantly getting light producing more of a yield by the end

Sparky1696
05-08-12, 11:08 PM
Cheers blue cheese but spooky but the plant in question is a blu cheese!

Tabbatha
06-08-12, 08:53 AM
Hey sparky,

It's pretty much up to you what you do. Depends on whether the plant needs light-access or keeping in shape can determine whether to release or not. It won't harm the plant to leave it tied up so crack on son ;)

You may find this post useful, too:

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?75620-Tabba-s-Best-Soil-Growing-Tips&p=1069204481#post1069204481

:)

Skunky.
06-08-12, 09:00 AM
agree with tabb on this one as he helped me on my lst and she is now showing 9 nice flower sites...world of info in that for you to read mt8 !!!

Sparky1696
06-08-12, 09:35 AM
Thanks tabbatha. The plant in question is a blue cheese which stretch like mad when you flip 12/12. if I release before I switch to 12/12 will I get a reduced stretch because of the bends created in the stem or would it be better to leave tied up till after the stretch as I still want some height to keep up with my untrained plants( topped). Only my third grow and I've learnt so much from you and jimmi420 knowledge on run to waste coco along with many others! This site is ace and I'm completely addicted to growing now along with getting wasted on my own stuff and trawling through threads on this site. Cheers everyone

Tabbatha
06-08-12, 11:32 AM
if I release before I switch to 12/12 will I get a reduced stretch because of the bends created in the stem or would it be better to leave tied up till after the stretch as I still want some height to keep up with my untrained plants( topped). Interesting question..

I'll tell ya what I personally think.. I reckon that the bends prior to the flip cause an auxin response and is part of what helps it create its fat knuckles and stems. I like to keep mine trained until about 2 weeks prior to flip. to let em stretch out a bit.. then tie them back down again about a week after the flip so that it basically holds back some of the spurt and redirects that energy to root & stem growth instead.

But it really depends on the strain as well. I'm having to deal with anew strain in my groom right now and not only does it like to stretch but it likes getting wide, too, so I'm doing all sorts to keep it in shape. With those, I'm going to wait until they start budding properly before releasing them and sorting out any pruning.

I mean.. I could go on about this for ever because I'm properly into it as a hobby, but in my opinion the bet way to learn how to LST is to just keep on doing it with every plant.. and even develop some new techniques that we can all rob of you.

:)

Sparky1696
06-08-12, 05:28 PM
Thanks tabb think ur right a bit of trial and error! Gives me an excuse to spend more time fannying around in my tent so not all bad!!!

Tabbatha
07-08-12, 07:47 AM
Gives me an excuse to spend more time fannying around in my tent so not all bad!!! This is why I really hate photoperiod grows. I do NOT like being locked out of a tent for 12hrs a day ;)

stumpjumper
14-08-12, 05:34 AM
Leave it tied down.