PDA

View Full Version : Emergency (BUD ROT !!!)

mcdreameruk
27-07-07, 03:11 PM
I have one flower, my smallest one. It sort of looks like it's finished because all of the pistils near enough have turned brown and it does not seem to be growin much anymore. It was a mango and it started out it's life a little mutated, it has never grown well but the bud on it is nice and tight and crystally as fuck. My question is, it's about 12 days from the time it's ready to harvest, because I have bud rot on this plant, should I harvest early and save the bud, or clean it off and hope to god ????? please help, this is my first grow and am a little sad at this ????

EDIT - I think I'm right, but does bud rot look like spiders cobwebs ??? Mostly in the tight packed areas ???

Bitterfly
27-07-07, 03:23 PM
yep its rot!!!! i hate the shit, i normally lose about half a oz a grow to it coz of my poorly suited grow space.

worst thing is it resides inside the big colas too! you might have more but your not able to see it:mad:

asci
27-07-07, 03:51 PM
Same happened to me mate. The only thing you can do is to chop away the parts affected. This will allow the rest of the plant to finish as per normal.

Sorry dude it's the only way. If you leave it the rest of the plant will be effected.

What's your humidity like?

mcdreameruk
27-07-07, 06:30 PM
I have realised tonight that I water them too much and the water goes on to a taurpaulin I used to stop the laminate flooring rotting. I will cut back on watering.

Asci - like a twat I have covered everything on my first grow except hygrometer, what a nob I am !!! I think I really will just harvest the plant. Like I say most of the pistilis are very brown, and to see, earlier I took a little bit of bud from the plant, Quickly dried it in the microwave and smoked it in two bongs. It was obviously harsh but the taste was actually quite nice for a bud that was cut off and dried in about 15 mins. It got me a nice stoned which to be honest I enjoyed. If I am correct I have read if I chop it now and break the buds apart and dry it in a dry environment and cure it, I think it will be alright ???? I would rather have the bud. Also I nute burned it the other week, and it doesn't seems to have grown. I read a lot of your shit asci on edit and I know you know your shit. I think in my heart it's worth chopping. It's been flushed and feed water for 1 1/2 weeks so it's should be rid of any bad chems ????

Help thc talk ???????

lkdj2003
27-07-07, 06:54 PM
I would chop it now mate and cut out any rot and try and save as much bud as you can. That rot can eat your cola in a matter of days mate. Bastard rot, unlucky mate. https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/icons/icon11.gif

What extraction are you using?

mcdreameruk
27-07-07, 07:03 PM
thankyou so much lkdj, lights have just gone out, i pulled it from the room, I am gunna chop. Like I said i am away most of the weekend. And hearing you say a matter of day for bud rot, I have a drier environment to dry. It looks a nice smoke, it was the smallest of my plants, and to be honest due to my inexperience its's probably ready. I had a closer look 10 mins ago and it must be 90 % brown pistils, so fuck it....

cheers

mcdreameruk.....

p.s. still appreciate everbody's point, asci, bitterfly etc. it's all about learning

mcdreameruk
27-07-07, 07:17 PM
quick update - am off out now so a quick explanation....

have removed plant, put whole into dry airing cupboard where humidity is gurantedd to be shit. I have put too big bowls of salt in the cupboard.....

fuck that water.... have some salt......

cheers people....

will check replys at friends later....

:bump:

lkdj2003
27-07-07, 10:53 PM
Nice one mate, some bud is better than none. :harvest:

asci
30-07-07, 01:00 PM
bit late gettin back to this one. Budrot is such an arse mate. Absolutely desecrated all bar one cola on my first grow. I felt like crying for days..

Let us know how it turns out mate.

just check out the damage..

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/1592/17ws3.jpg

greengiant
30-07-07, 04:21 PM
Harsh shit mate.

You live and learn I suppose.

There are a few ways to avoid the bud rot.

1) Ensure that you have air circulating 24 hours a day, not just when lights are on. Preferably an oscillating one blowing directly on the buds to help evaporate and condensed moisture.

2) Keep humidity down at lights out. The best way is with a dehumidifier. Failing this use a heater to keep the temperature up at night. The main cause of humidity spikes is the sudden drop in temperature. Cold air can't hold as much moisture so the relative humidity rises. If you go and read up on what relative humidity is exactly, it will all become clear on why your humidity rises at lights out.

asci
30-07-07, 09:32 PM
well said man..