needsmust
16-08-12, 09:48 AM
Smoke Signals, Martin A. Lee
Scribner, a division of Simon & Schuster, 528 pages
Publication Date: August 14, 2012
Hardcover, 528 pages

ISBN-10: 1439102600
ISBN-13: 9781439102602

http://www.smokesignalsthebook.com/ Read the Prologue HERE (http://books.simonandschuster.com/Smoke-Signals/Martin-A-Lee/9781439102602/excerpt)

Smoke Signals, a groundbreaking work by Martin A. Lee, is a panoramic, character-driven, social history that explains why marijuana affects so many aspects of American life.
Smoke Signals describes the burgeoning of a multi-billion-dollar industry, and exposes collusion by local, state and federal law enforcement agencies to undermine the will of the electorate.
“The big, untold story,” according to Lee, an award-winning investigative journalist, “is that there have been more than a million documented medical users and no deaths and no pattern of health problems attributable to medical marijuana.”
Smoke Signals draws attention to underreported scientific breakthroughs, including the discovery of a non-psychoactive component of marijuana, cannabidiol (CBD), which protects the brain against alcohol poisoning, stimulates adult stem cell growth, prevents the onset of diabetes, and shrinks malignant tumors — without causing a “high.” By mining the plant’s treasure trove of active ingredients, medical researchers have developed promising treatments for cancer, heart disease, Alzheimer’s, chronic pain, and many other conditions that are beyond the reach of conventional cures.

Will be a good read I'm sure!

C21H30O2
17-08-12, 12:37 AM
so you havnt been on chat lately because you found a book i will remember this!

needsmust
17-08-12, 10:55 AM
Been away from home a bit working, it's usually the wake n bake over stone when I come into chat, lol.
Though books have been known to distract.... Not got this one yet.

C21H30O2
17-08-12, 11:18 AM
Been away from home a bit working, it's usually the wake n bake over stone when I come into chat, lol.
Though books have been known to distract.... Not got this one yet.

i miss you in :'(