PDA

View Full Version : Hydropanic Corn Idea...

KMK
23-08-12, 07:17 PM
So i know how this sounds, and I'm not trying to seem like I've figured out the greatest idea ever or even if this is going anywhere from just an idea, but i just wanted other peoples opinion on the topic. But since the world is messed up and our crops of corn and stuff are dying cuz of the heat, (since I've been doing research on growing weed, dirt or hydroponically) I've thought about the idea of crowing Corn crops in a big warehouse and doing it with hydroponics. To me it sounds like a reasonable idea and they could build a multi-story warehouse and do it that way. I mean it would be different then planting huge amounts in dirt pastures. But it would be in a controlled environment. But yea, so that's like my idea. Let me know what you guys think on the subject...

Anonymiss
23-08-12, 07:28 PM
I think that it would probably raise the price of corn to unaffordable levels.

That's not to say that we won't need to do it at some point, but I don't think we're there yet. If it was practical and profitable then Big Food would probably be doing it already.

KMK
24-08-12, 04:52 PM
Thats true. Didn't think about that, but i guess since they can do it on endless fields they can do it more bulk that way then in a warehouse..

dbuk
24-08-12, 08:32 PM
Electricity to power lights costs cash vs the sun which is free

TheCandyManCan
25-08-12, 07:26 PM
You wouldn't find a warehouse big enough to supply the amount of corn we consume. I love it that you thought of a new idea though, everything was once an idea!