PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys use the f.i.m technique?

MAJOR_GREENSTEIN
28-08-12, 07:13 PM
do any you guys use the f.i.m technique and recommend it as a good technique?

i tried it once and all dat i got was new growth leafs that were half way cut from the f.i.m cut i put on it and i didnt get any multiple heads

what yall experiences with f.i.m

Goodbuddy
28-08-12, 07:18 PM
sounds like you did a f.i.r.m (f*ck i really missed) :stoned-smilie:

I often do it, and prefer it to topping as they recover much quicker and you often get multiple buds forming. The leafs from the fim site do grow up a bit ugly as they've had their young tips cuts but nothing to worry about.

Sworth
28-08-12, 08:16 PM
I've only ever done it accidentally (Fuck I Missed) but always left all four to grow on anyway. Two always seem more dominant than the others, but there's still more crop for FIMing...which is good.
Keep on FIMing! :smokie:

Goodbuddy
28-08-12, 08:25 PM
This is more suited to the general forum than a specific QnA Major so I've moved it for you :)

SWSERGIO1
28-08-12, 08:33 PM
I always use it, works wonders for me, I just take every node I see straight off over the veg cycle, makes them bush out more imo and does'nt slow growth that much :D

''you think your shit dont stink?''

C21H30O2
29-08-12, 10:49 AM
i dont fim results can not always be good i stick to topping then top again

rapid7
11-09-12, 02:16 PM
i dont fim results can not always be good i stick to topping then top again

im the same mate with topping you now your getting the tops i fimmed them cheese well half fim half topped n the topped are the ones going better

SWSERGIO1
11-09-12, 02:30 PM
Is'nt fim less stress? And cant see how you can go wrong with it? Just a quik snip of the node, iv never had a prob to be fair, and topped a few and they was nowere near as big or as bushy as the fimmed bitches, each to there own I supose :D

''you think your shit dont stink?''

SeaOfJay
06-03-13, 08:56 AM
do any you guys use the f.i.m technique and recommend it as a good technique?

i tried it once and all dat i got was new growth leafs that were half way cut from the f.i.m cut i put on it and i didnt get any multiple heads

what yall experiences with f.i.m

Im doing my first indoor grow right now and just tried fimming for the first time aswell, but i got the 4 heads even had a fifth in between the 4 but it died off haha not enough room for it so i had to snip it eventually

Hattori
06-03-13, 11:56 AM
yes ,,what u did is F.I.R.M

with fimming,, u see a fast recovery,, and if u insist on gettin the result,, u can just top, I did few basic techniques on same plant, and happen that she loved it , LST,supercrop,fimming,topping,, and glad I did all at once,, now I learnt what to expect after each

the way I apply it is as following,, if I m after cuttings, I just top, if not obviously I fim only, altho half of the time I missed,,

Hillbilly
08-03-13, 05:38 PM
I try to FIM and if I miss I top so it's all good. Might look ugly at first but the sugar leafs I wouldn't worry about. The worse you do is top, but you can end up with more top Cola's so that's a good thing.