PDA

View Full Version : I have a question about seeds really quick

StricklyCannabis
13-09-12, 03:58 AM
So I currently only buy feminized seeds, just because I have been learning and etc. But if I were to purchase a pack of normal seeds (I'd love to they are cheaper!) and I germed lets say 5 of them, lets say one-two was female (for sake) and three-four were male. If I grew out the male I could take the pollen and pollinate a flowering plant and she would produce seeds correct? So if I grew a male X strain plant, and spread the pollen on Y strain plant, would the seed I produce mean XY strain seeds? Is that cross breeding strains? If so then buy regular seeds would be cheaper, and I could produce more seeds of that one particular strain, and make my own cross breeds. Just want some more clarification as too I am deliberating my final opinions on my beans before purchase! Thanks in advance! PEACE&LOVE :toke:

StricklyCannabis
13-09-12, 04:04 AM
OH! and if anyone got the "Grow Like A Pro 2012 Ganja Garden Guide The Best Of High Times" Best of #65 there's an ad on Tiresias Mist... any thoughts on that? Anyone try it? Thanks again!

LBN
13-09-12, 04:28 AM
ya that right, 50/50 (x/y)
but the bit that takes the time is breading the size shape you like. like the way you can buy a 3 pack of cheese seeds and the 3 of them can grow diffrent, 1 tall, 1 short, 1 fat bush,
you need to find the one you like and keep back crossing it till it gets more stable.

i have never done it but have asked the same question a while ago...
good luck...

StricklyCannabis
13-09-12, 12:33 PM
ya that right, 50/50 (x/y)
but the bit that takes the time is breading the size shape you like. like the way you can buy a 3 pack of cheese seeds and the 3 of them can grow diffrent, 1 tall, 1 short, 1 fat bush,
you need to find the one you like and keep back crossing it till it gets more stable.

i have never done it but have asked the same question a while ago...
good luck...

thanks my friend! that was the clarification I was looking for! Regular seeds do seem promising, I won't lie. Creating your own seeds, creating your own strains, that just sounds better! And I can clone the females, but yet again I can clone my feminized plants. But if I applied pollen to the flowering plant, could I just section off one area on the plant and only THAT piece will develop seeds, and the rest bud? Or how does that work? Thanks LBN!

Icon
13-09-12, 12:55 PM
LOLs forget that
Have fun
ATB
Icon

LBN
13-09-12, 07:18 PM
ya,
you can get one branch to grow seeds and the rest of the plant will grow buds. theres a few post on here somewhere showing some good ways of colecting pollen. plus whatever pollen you have left over can be stored for a long time till you need it again...

good luck and like Icon said have fun... :)

StricklyCannabis
14-09-12, 12:57 PM
hahaha alright guys thanks ! PEACE&LOVE :toke: