PDA

View Full Version : Silentj being mentored by Mr Swilly

silentj
16-09-12, 04:33 AM
ok lets do this

i have a 600w mh about 16 inches from the top of my plants, i have 1 cheese mother that is a couple weeks old from seed and 2 indica plants that are two weeks old and a pinapple clone thats a month and half old that is about to go into flower also one white widow thats a week or so old that will also be a mother, i have a 6 inch inline fan pulling air from my unstairs by air conditioner through my room and light, im waiting for temp to drop so i can pull air in from outside then push into house to get fresher air in the room, i feed with sensi grow a and b. i try letting my water sit for atleast 24 hours but dont always happen,im in process of building my flower room right now, i will have 2 600w lights with another inline fan in there, I have a few thousand dollars wrapped up in getting my seeds and my medical marijuana card im willing to spend the money i just dont have all the knowledge, i know you dont have to spend the type of money i did, i jjust want to have the best set up i can so i can rotate twelve plants and flower one about once every week or two im not sure how long my strains take

so i guess i should tell you the things i found out that i have been doing wrong first,
1, i was using water that i ran throught a purifier
2, phing my water to 6.1, stopped a week or so ago and i now have blackstrap molassos i will be feeding with also
3, the first couple weeks of groing the pinapple i was feeding with every water now i only do every third
4, i was mist feeding untill i ran into some rust colors and yellowing i stopped that about a month ago
i started my grow with the pinapple plant a month and half ago i planted the cheese and indica plants two or three weeks after that, i have made a chart of my waterings and feedings and toppings and things like that sense i started

Mr Swilly
16-09-12, 10:11 AM
All sounds good mate. Remember there is a 10 plant limit on thc talk, irrespective of legality in countries.
Getting some pics up would be great, and I have pmd you how to do it, but we can work around that if an issue.
In the mean time, do you have extraction fan as well as an intake fan? As getting air out is as important, if not more important than bringing air in.
Also do you know what soil is being used? This will help in working out feed. How long have the plants been in pots.
You are right about ph being low at 6.1. The ideal in soil is 6.5- 6.7 so watering at about that or just above will be fine.
I think you have everything else ok.
Swilly.

silentj
16-09-12, 03:22 PM
ok my state allowes me to have twelve but i will make sure i leave two out i want to follow all the rules but my room is almost 100% air tight i have the fan pushing air out but my income does not have a fan in it, when i shut the door the back pressure pulls air through it so fast it feels like there is a fan in it though. my soil is sunshine mix 4, my pineapple has been in a pot for month and half, my cheese plant and the two indica plants have been in pots for three weeks and the white widow has been in for only two weeks, i posted all the pics on the email the picasa froze my computer

silentj
17-09-12, 10:54 PM
hey swilly have you seen the pics on the email yet im putting a couple plants in veg tomorrow and would like to try getting them sorted out

silentj
17-09-12, 10:55 PM
i ment in bud

silentj
19-09-12, 06:02 PM
swilly man i need some advice on these pics

Mr Swilly
20-09-12, 08:38 PM
ok dude, sorry i aint been about.

first of all i think most of your plants look fine generally. The yellowing tops should sort themselves out. Let me load some pics....

pic 1 - i see this as quite normal, the leaves seem to be sorting themselves out ok once they develop. I would keep going as you are with this one.

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_20120915_110149.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/119598/title/img-20120915-110149/cat/500)

pic 2 What a beautiful plant this is. However, there are some problems with her. The problems appear to be deficiencies so i would up the feed , but perhaps before we do that, give the pot a good heavy water with some ph 7 water to balance out the soil a bit. what are you feeding this one? my only other slight concern is the fabric pot. do you let her stand in water at anytime? make sure you let the pot drain well before back in the groom. my gut feeling is that she needs a proper good feed and corrected soil PH. do you know the ph of the soil? I would rip the bad leaves off as she has foliage in abundance. a good heavy water with ph7 water she is a proper stunner mate.

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_20120915_110216.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/119600/title/img-20120915-110216/cat/500)

not much to worry about here, these leaves will die off, but the brown patches are not normal. again i see this as deficiencies more than likely as above.
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_20120915_1102291.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/119603/title/img-20120915-1102291/cat/500)

this i wouldnt be too concerned about, but have a look on the underside of the leaves for some creepy crawlies. as a precaution, i would wipe the leaves with a damp cloth. it maybe that something is just having a much on the leaves.

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_20120915_110159.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/119599/title/img-20120915-110159/cat/500)

So dude in short i suspect that the plants are hungry and healthy and probably suffering a bit from the 6.1 water feed.

give them a heavy water with ph7 water. tap water should be ok. leave the water stand for 12-24 hrs if you can. check the ph of water before watering. If you can check the soil ph now and feedback that would be good. once watered, leave them for a day or so, then see how we go. remember to drain the pots fully before you put them back in the room. the cloth pots may have some claggy soil at the bottom due to their cloth nature. so drain em for a good half hour after watering.
the 6.1 water is too low for soil mate. if your soil was 7 that would be better.

Hope that helps mate. i will be on more regular over weekend ready to help if necessary. I just think that the 6.1 ph has been to low and they prob need a good feed once we have done the ph7 water. so hope that helps mate. if you want, you can use some of your own urine along with the water, say 1 part urine to 20 parts water. this acts as a good tonic for the soil in situations like this and kinda straightens things out.

am loving the setup and the plants, especially the mum. nowt to worry about really mate. all good

Mr Swilly
20-09-12, 08:49 PM
and just to exp-lain my advice mate..
at 6.1 your soil is likely to be missing nutrients and the mum is displaying some patterns of p deficiency

see the chart below, at 6.1 p is not really available. hence the brown blotches mefinks.

this is a great marker. in soil the chart on the right is relevant. i am saying water with ph7 as i suspect the soil ph is low, so we need to rebalance it first by watering at higher than the optimum 6.5. hope this helps. if you need clarification, ask away squire.

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/Nutrient_Chart2.gif (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/119605/title/nutrient-chart2/cat/500)

silentj
20-09-12, 10:02 PM
how often should i feed i heard once every third water? and i water my plants in my grow room, i set them on a rack with tray underneath, i water till i get about 10% runoff or so, but this has become a mager hassel so i been just putting them in the tray and stop watering before runoff over flows the tray then ten mins later place it in a dry tray. i do not have a meter to test my soil, but my runoff is about 6.5 on the dot, i have been watering without phing my water but the oh is at like 8. i heard whiile using molassos in soil i dont need to ph because microherd, do you agree you are my mentor i will do as you command haha but like i said the runoff is still 6.5. and here is a pic of the white widow leave that u said might be bugs its getting some color on the bottom leaves but it is time to spray neem oil, pic of leaf soon. thanks man! tips sound good! but wait what about the tall skinny indica plant where all lower leaves yellow and died

Mr Swilly
21-09-12, 10:30 AM
if your run off is 6.5 then that is good, is this using ph water of 8?
the rack sounds good as it allows drainage. You dont want the fabric pots sitting in puddles of water really is the message.

personally especially given the pics, i would feed every other watering not third. if run off is now 6.5 then i would be now feeding every other watering, not every third. you should not really need molasses at this stage, but it wont do any harm.

i will check e mail for pics of the skinny indica plant. and be back later squire

Mr Swilly
21-09-12, 10:41 AM
ok i assume this is the indica.

again, if ph runoff is 6.5 i think we just need to increase the feeding. the leaves wont recover, but she just looks hungry to me.

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_20120915_110301-001.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/119628/title/img-20120915-110301-001/cat/500)

nice nutes mate, i dont use many myself. digging the beef broth, but lets not feed with that just yet lol

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_20120915_110700.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/119629/title/img-20120915-110700/cat/500)

silentj
21-09-12, 07:57 PM
yes the runoff is 6.5 while using the 8 water, so far.. ive only watered like twice to eath plant sence i havnt phed so i will keep an eye on it. and i will feed the indica plant, when it started i was worried i over nuted so i backed off. i sprayed all plants with neem oil yesterday, didnt see any bugs but i didnt notice the leaves on my white widow changing at the bottom, i am sending a couple more pics to the email

silentj
21-09-12, 08:03 PM
i heard while using sensi grow a and b that you should cut dosage in half?

Winstun
21-09-12, 08:48 PM
Sup Swilly . . . silentj :)

Subbed in for this one guys . . . good luck and all the best :D

BTW silentj, You landed a fine mentor there mate, well done !!! Swilly is a remarkable creature . . . found only in the deepest darkest crevasses of THC Talk . . . watch how his highly sensitive sense of smell lures him in to his unsuspecting pray ;)

No really SJ . . Swilly is an absolute diamond mate, you couldnt hope for a better mentor i can assure you !!!

silentj
21-09-12, 10:44 PM
hell ya man! im gettin some good tips already, i think i might have to try this piss trick haha but i eat terribly and drink very little water i dont want to harm them with my bad genes haha

Winstun
21-09-12, 10:54 PM
hell ya man! im gettin some good tips already, i think i might have to try this piss trick haha but i eat terribly and drink very little water i dont want to harm them with my bad genes haha

LOL, Yeah this good ol piss trick ;) . . . Yet to see if it works, but i am assured by Swilly himself that he will infact post graphic images of said task . . .shlong and all !! to prove his highly debated theory :D

Alas . . . I wait in anticipation :D

silentj
21-09-12, 11:13 PM
if he shows the picture of him pissin of his plants i will deffinetly do the same!! haha

Winstun
21-09-12, 11:16 PM
LOL SJ . . Your gonna fit in just fine around here mukka, Peace :leaf:

silentj
21-09-12, 11:25 PM
hell ya glad to hear it thanks man, :weed:

Mr Swilly
21-09-12, 11:35 PM
Lols. :) thanks for vote of confidence Winnie.
Silentj, I think you will be ok on giving them a full feed every other water for a week or so now that ph seems to be back on song.
Sensi a and b is not something I have used and appears used more in hydro but seems fine for soil.
Have you noticed the slowing of the leaf damage since the ph has recovered?
We are looking not for repair, but for a halt to it spreading.
If you can, feed at between 6.5 and 7 . The nutes will prob bring the ph8 water down a bit so it should not be a million miles away.
I'll check the email tomoz.
Cheers.
Over and out
Sgt swilly.

Mr Swilly
21-09-12, 11:36 PM
if he shows the picture of him pissin of his plants i will deffinetly do the same!! haha

I'll send it to the mentor email lol.

silentj
22-09-12, 12:26 AM
in my 7 G pot i only water once every 4,5,6 days depending on plant size and i think he needs watered prolly tomorow so ill feed with nutes plus a tiny molassos, i would say it slowing a small amount but ill keep an eye on it. maybe more pics tomorow! peacee

Mr Swilly
22-09-12, 11:01 AM
Skills mate. Lets hope she turns around.

Btw here is a link to uploading pics on here. I only have mobile access during the week so
Posting the pics in week is difficult. A shame Picasa froze on you. I'm sure there are others
That might work for a resize. Worth trying the below though to see if it works with your pics.
You should be able to change the resolution on the camera which may also work.

https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?8594-How-to-upload-your-pictures-to-the-THCtalk-gallery

silentj
22-09-12, 02:01 PM
do you think i should use flower nutes sence i am going to put it into bud today or tomorrow

silentj
22-09-12, 02:02 PM
my flower room will be done today but i want to run some checks make sure everythings fine and light tight before i put plants in there i will try posting the pics on here but if not i but the new room on the email

silentj
22-09-12, 02:33 PM
i Fuckin did it Swilly!!! hell ya!! resized my own pics haha thanks a lot man for the dummies guide i was doing it all wrong haha 138376

silentj
22-09-12, 02:41 PM
im trying to resize it bigger like yours but if not thats fine with me 138377

silentj
22-09-12, 02:43 PM
nope :( but i shouldnt be picky haha

Mr Swilly
22-09-12, 07:15 PM
I wouldn't put the flower nutes in just yet, just give em a few days recovery. It may be worth just making sure that we get over these obstacles before we go 12/12. It should be fine, but just want the best for ya mate. I am loving that bushy one, I reckon that will yield.

On the resize thing, resize to 800x600 and use the upload to gallery instructions. (paste the middle link)

silentj
22-09-12, 09:40 PM
damn i should have waited till tonight to water so i didnt use the flower nutes :( but with these first three plants i am throwing into flower they are just to get quick smoke before i start my cycle with the cheese and white widow, kinda like a learning excperience. i will make sure my cheese and white widow are all healthy before i throw them in, sense im allowed twelve plants legally i want to cycle them a week to two weeks apart so i always haave fresh smoke but will obey the thctalk rules

silentj
22-09-12, 10:00 PM
Swilly, i water untill i start to get runoff in my seven gallon pots i water 2 G before any runoff and i water slow, pour a little let it soak then pour a little more, i just read that someone thought 3/4 a G was to much water for a 5 G pot? am i over watering? i was always under impression to water untill you get runoff so you dont build up toxic salts?

Mr Swilly
23-09-12, 11:43 AM
Yup watering sounds fine to me j. It's what I do .
Now need to tell ya summat on watering if you don't know already..

Wet dry cycle is important. So only water when pots are light. This allows air to roots in dry bit and gives them a thirst.
Helps keep the soil structure as well so it doesn't go all claggy and dense.

How are they looking mate? New growth all ok?

silentj
23-09-12, 06:24 PM
right i do the lift method i think im pretty good at it now but i didnt check my small indica plant and woke up and it was droopy im watering it now it got a few yellow leaves ovvernight i believe because its thirsty, the big indica looks like most of the new growth is green, i believe its losing some yellow, i woke up and my cheese mother is droopy? its got plenty of water,

silentj
23-09-12, 06:26 PM
okay, first pic is of new growth on the big indica
second pic is of curling of white widow it happened the night i sprayed all plants with neem oil and couple drops of soup
third pic is of drooping cheese, shes plenty watered, a day or two ago
last two pics are the newgrowth on the top of the pineapple, the big bushy plant

Winstun
23-09-12, 07:25 PM
SJ, The pics are not showing up, you will need to repost them mate :)

Mr Swilly
23-09-12, 07:48 PM
I've never come across spraying plants with soup, but if it is the beef broth in the pics, I think we all be ok. Fpmsl.
Drooping is usually over or under watering mate. If post feel like they have a bt of weight to them, they don't need watering.
If the feel light, then drench em. I can't see attachments either. But will check the e mail tomorrow mate.

silentj
23-09-12, 09:01 PM

silentj
23-09-12, 09:02 PM
haha it says to use a couple drops of soup as a emulsifier, so the oil will stay on the leafs longer.

silentj
23-09-12, 09:09 PM
okay, first pic is of new growth on the big indica
second pic is of curling of white widow it happened the night i sprayed all plants with neem oil and couple drops of soup
third pic is of drooping cheese, shes plenty watered, a day or two ago
last two pics are the newgrowth on the top of the pineapple, the big bushy plant
sorry about that

silentj
23-09-12, 11:02 PM
take a sneak peak at Silent J's New Flower Room!!!! 5x6.5 with 7 foot celiengs because who really knows?? 2 600w hps with fall air getting pulled inside with a 6inch fan, at this point i dont think i will be able to run both lights at 100% untill winter comes, sense the room size. but with my ballast i can run my lights at 50% or 75% although i dont need both lights yet because i am only throwing in three plants. Does anyone know of anything convienent to place under pots to make plants all the same hieght? everything my high ass thinkgs of would be a pain in the ass haha138762

Mr Swilly
24-09-12, 07:05 PM
You need to dial the ph mate and stop spraying soup on the leaves lol.
The bushy ones new growth does seem like it is getting locked out by low ph. The newer growth isn't looking good.
Any chance you can pot it up to a bigger pot? That usually solves such problems.
Who said to spray soup on the leaves mate?

silentj
24-09-12, 09:06 PM
lol the neem oil i have "bug protection" says to mix with a 1/4 tsp per G as an emulsifier. i dont mix a whole gallon so i only use a drop or two. i could prolly go to a ten gallon pot from the seven that its in. ill have to run down to grow store but no problem. when i watered both the big mix plant and the pineapple "the bushy one" with half reccomended nutes saturday the ph of the water was 7.0 but your right about the new growth it still looks very spotty. the big mix plant where all the lower half yellowed then died i believe is turning around! :) still a couple yellows but i believe new growth is staying green, i will keep u updated, a few more pics tonight, ill post them right on here. i turned the pixels on my phone down so i believe i will even be able to post them BIG haha

silentj
24-09-12, 10:15 PM
whens the best time for transplanting??

silentj
25-09-12, 08:35 PM
The top is the pineapple i believe its starting to green up now maybe tho, i got it transplanted yesterday and is almost due for a watering,
The indica plant i also belive is greening up but not possitive, welll...im almost positive that the yellowing and browning has atleast slowed down

silentj
25-09-12, 08:37 PM
so i walk inmy grow room.. with my bubbler of course and after a minute i notice this moisture on a couple of my leaves im almost positive that i didnt spill any but who knows :weed:

Mr Swilly
26-09-12, 05:48 PM
whens the best time for transplanting??

Just before your flower em. Mebbe a week. But don't worry, it's no biggy if you do it on or a few days after switch.

Mr Swilly
26-09-12, 05:49 PM
The top is the pineapple i believe its starting to green up now maybe tho, i got it transplanted yesterday and is almost due for a watering,
The indica plant i also belive is greening up but not possitive, welll...im almost positive that the yellowing and browning has atleast slowed down

That's good, I can see it getting better.
So keep going as is mate. Remember we need to continue with that ph a bit higher, as you are doing.

Mr Swilly
26-09-12, 05:52 PM
so i walk inmy grow room.. with my bubbler of course and after a minute i notice this moisture on a couple of my leaves im almost positive that i didnt spill any but who knows :weed:

I have found this on mine for two reasons....

1) leaves touching each other, they do get wet if that's the case.
2) condensation on roof of groom. This only usually happens in a tent in a cold room.

Nowt to worry, but check drips on ceiling.

Anyways mate, I need a reminder where we are. Here's where I think we are...

1) we are on 12/12 I think. If not keep em vegging for a few days until we see the proper growth emerging.
2) you are feeding em now so remind me at what doses and what the feed is.
3) you have repotted one or two which is good.

Cheers fella all looking optimistic .

silentj
26-09-12, 07:51 PM
ok my big pineapple and the big indica and the small indica i put in bud yesterday. i still have both my mothers in the veg room. i watered both my mothers today with nutes, the other three plants in bud need watered tonight. i feed with sensi grow and sensi bloom. part A and B. the directions say 4ml per liter of both A and B but i heard when using both that you need to cut it in half, so i am feeding with 5ml of A and B per 3 liters.
I have repotted the big pineapple into a ten gallon pot.
there is no moisture on my cieling im sure it was just leaves touching, my rooms built with plywood.

silentj
26-09-12, 07:58 PM
ok so here is my small indica plant, this is the first discoloration on the plant that ive noticed, only on the bottom couple leaves139540
I noticed a small amount of yellow on my cheese mother too.139542
Here are my plants that are in bud, pineapple on the right, big indica to the left, and small indica behind them139543

silentj
26-09-12, 08:00 PM
Here is a better pic of the budding plants

silentj
27-09-12, 12:25 PM
my small indica plant has the tip of the leafs point down, i watered 4 days ago with half nute, i noticed it this morning and watered again with plain water, im almost positive the light wasnt to close, wassnt to much wind, and it the pot didnt get to dry? lasst night i wattered my other two budding plants the pineapple and the big indica last night with half nute again, cuz they looked like they still could use it so well c.

Mr Swilly
27-09-12, 08:41 PM
Ok j, looking good.
Now that the ph is sorted I hope, the the feed sounds about right. On the plants with paleing yellow leaves, up the feed a bit.
Give em a full dose next water. That is your gauge. Slightly yellowing, up the feed. But be cautious and see how they get on. So maybe a full feed on the ones with pale leaves, then watch see how they go. Keep the ph of feed at 6.8-7 to avoid acidic soil.
The one that is clawing down is usually a sign of overfeeding nitrogen, so lay off that one a bit. Maybe 2 pure water feeds, then back in with what you are doing.
Keep us updated mate, looks like you are going well. Different strains react differently to food. The key is to look at em and feed accordingly. I usually aim to keep lower leaves just paleing a bit, which is where you are on the small indica.
I'll be around all weekend so just shout if you need owt.

Enjoying this one mate. Great to have a student who is keen good sense of humour.
If you have any spare time google supercropping. I think we could have some fun when the stretch starts on the bushy ones.
Up to you if you want to. I usually do it during the first stretch, so first 10-15 days of 12/12.

Cheers ++

silentj
27-09-12, 10:50 PM
sweet!i noticed the clawing and only gave it water this morning! so maybe i am learning lol but good tip on the yellow leaves and feeding.
when i put my nutes it the ph dropes to almost 7 on the dot and my runoff is still 6.7
i supercropped some of the lower branches on some plants put they were young in vegging that was when i was recommended, but i only did the lower branches as i didnt want to screw anything up lol. but im down to do it again lol just let me know when i keep the pics rolling in.

HOLY SHIT SWILLY WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY PLANTS?!?!?!? THERE ALL............ GREEN....... IDK WHATS GOING ON?!?! haha lookin good man! youve probably already saved my grow! when i seen the yellowing i thought over feeding Thanks a ton man Already!!

silentj
28-09-12, 12:02 AM
lookin Green in the bud room :weed:
alright i got this clone "white rhino" i use a humidity dome with heat mat underneath, whens the best time to throw it in dirt, and should i use nutes the first time, i use plain water thats set 24hr underneath them
Alright the vegging plants, the monster cheese on the left, looking amazing and growing like a champ, the website i got it off of had it listed to yeild almost twice as much as most the other plants with a 20% thc level. a clone in the middle cut off the cheese, the cheese is 1 month 3 weeks from popped seed, on the right is the white widow, two weeks younger then the cheese but yield is significantly less but 25% thc. hope i can even get it close to that. haha any information on thc testers?
more cheese

silentj
28-09-12, 12:14 AM
i still have four cheese seeds left in the fridge so when this mother just starts getting out of hand i can bud her and still keep a 1st gen plant i was hoping to keep her for a while but idk if i can stunt the growth enough to have the room for it for that long. the ww is my only one but idk how long i will even want it the way my cheese looks but my state allowes twelve so two mothers is just another plant that i cant have in rotation of vegging to budding. the pineapple plant is atleast 3rd gen so im hoping the buds still get dense and nice. i still have about 18 of the indica seeds left im not sure if they r all the same they came free with my order.

Mr Swilly
28-09-12, 08:32 AM
sweet!i noticed the clawing and only gave it water this morning! so maybe i am learning lol but good tip on the yellow leaves and feeding.
when i put my nutes it the ph dropes to almost 7 on the dot and my runoff is still 6.7
i supercropped some of the lower branches on some plants put they were young in vegging that was when i was recommended, but i only did the lower branches as i didnt want to screw anything up lol. but im down to do it again lol just let me know when i keep the pics rolling in.

HOLY SHIT SWILLY WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY PLANTS?!?!?!? THERE ALL............ GREEN....... IDK WHATS GOING ON?!?! haha lookin good man! youve probably already saved my grow! when i seen the yellowing i thought over feeding Thanks a ton man Already!!

Excellent man 6.7 run off is bang on the money. No probs mate, a pleasure.

Mr Swilly
28-09-12, 08:35 AM
lookin Green in the bud room :weed:
alright i got this clone "white rhino" i use a humidity dome with heat mat underneath, whens the best time to throw it in dirt, and should i use nutes the first time, i use plain water thats set 24hr underneath them
Alright the vegging plants, the monster cheese on the left, looking amazing and growing like a champ, the website i got it off of had it listed to yeild almost twice as much as most the other plants with a 20% thc level. a clone in the middle cut off the cheese, the cheese is 1 month 3 weeks from popped seed, on the right is the white widow, two weeks younger then the cheese but yield is significantly less but 25% thc. hope i can even get it close to that. haha any information on thc testers?
more cheese

Never used ph testers mate, throw a thread up in wider forum.
Best time to throw the clone in dirt is when you see the roots at bottom of the cube. So go ahead and bung it in. Don't feed it once in muck for a few weeks. Again, use the colour of leaves to let it tell ya.

Loving the long tall pot.

silentj
28-09-12, 12:58 PM
sweet i willl give that a try, but i threw the clone in dirt this morning when i noticed that some of the roots started to brown, i was seeing how long they would get in humidity dome sense i dont really care about this plant as much as my others because its kind of a mystery.
Day 4 of flower, when do i start noticing hairs, 10 through 15?

Mr Swilly
28-09-12, 05:47 PM
sweet i willl give that a try, but i threw the clone in dirt this morning when i noticed that some of the roots started to brown, i was seeing how long they would get in humidity dome sense i dont really care about this plant as much as my others because its kind of a mystery.
Day 4 of flower, when do i start noticing hairs, 10 through 15?

about that chap yes.
They will stretch up and grow very fast once in flower. my swilly radar reckons tonight or tomorrow they will start going for it. I can see the bushy one just starting to lift off. So you can pinch a few of the branches (supercrop) like you did in veg if you like. They recover quicker in these stages and i usually have to snap em every two days.

The only other thing i was gonna mention would be a pinch of epsom salst in next water if you have it (into the flowering ones) A weeny bit of epsom salts wont do no harm and just mitigates any risk of magnesium def. i usually do it as a precautionary measure. you can pick it up in a chemists.
Some strains go real mag hungry in first 3 weeks of 12/12 while they are on turbo charge. about a pinch or two every 5 litres. Dissolved in a little warm water first.

Have to say mate , i think these could be very nice. you have done real great job veggin em.

silentj
28-09-12, 08:11 PM
ok i will super crop when i really start to notice it, so just on the high ones? and you said do it every two days it theve recovered?
on my way to grow shop now man! get that epsom salt.
thanks man!

silentj
28-09-12, 10:24 PM
hey how did that hash u tryed making a while back turn out, id eventually be interested in making hash or oil im not sure the detaiils on both yet

silentj
29-09-12, 02:30 AM
im reading on here that you can break the inner of the plant stem, with your finger tips every two inches up the branches, but this methed isnt like the way i did it there just twisting enought to get a small snap if any. i grabbed the branches about 3/4 the way up and pinched it side to side untill it layed over. what one do you reccomend

Mr Swilly
29-09-12, 05:25 PM
ok i will super crop when i really start to notice it, so just on the high ones? and you said do it every two days it theve recovered?
on my way to grow shop now man! get that epsom salt.
thanks man!

cool. its cheap as chips. you can get from chemist

hey how did that hash u tryed making a while back turn out, id eventually be interested in making hash or oil im not sure the detaiils on both yet

havent got round to it yet, lazy sod i am.

im reading on here that you can break the inner of the plant stem, with your finger tips every two inches up the branches, but this methed isnt like the way i did it there just twisting enought to get a small snap if any. i grabbed the branches about 3/4 the way up and pinched it side to side untill it layed over. what one do you reccomend

just do what you did mate. im sure the other will work, but lets keep it familiar. You can start now if you want. just pinch so you feel the inner stemp colaps and, still holding the branch firmly , position at a 90 degree angle - without feeling any looseness. It should be able to hold up and not be broken. You did fine on the last run. Aim to snap at just above half way up a branch, or at lower branch level, which ever is higher. the idea is to widen the plant out, as opposed to supercropping into itself.

Hope that makes sense mate, im sure you will be fine. Do a couple of branches and post some pics if you like..

silentj
29-09-12, 06:27 PM
ok ill do that to my cheese mother so no harm if even done wrong, but on the pineapple plant its so old and thick that i dont think i will b able to pinch and bend without snapping the branch off unless i go up a little bit higher then half way.

come on fucker get to making that hash so you can show me how haha
apoligize for the language i just got off work haha Damn roofin crew, nobody knows how to listen. im about to just get a bunch of mexicans like everyone else haha

silentj
29-09-12, 07:21 PM
ok so here is my cheese mother, there is a small amount of yellow paling leaves at bottom but also just noticing some discoloration at the top of plant also. i watered three days ago with half nutes, with the yellowing at the bottom and the top color i think it might need a little P so maybe some flower nutes mixed with veg nutes, do you think i should up the nutes? try getting back with me soon if possible she needs watered by tonight

lower half

top of cheese

silentj
29-09-12, 07:25 PM
alright i watered my small indica with only wwater a few days ago, because we noticed the clawing. its not quite ready to water but there is some yellowing on the bottom half but its still clawing? im not sure what my next water should be?

silentj
30-09-12, 11:54 PM
ok so i watered the cheese with half veg nutes and today its looking ok i guess i dont notice it getting worst. i also waterred my big mix and white widow today with just some molossos because there both green. im watering the small indica tomorrow morning im not sure what im going to use yet.
i supercropped my pineapple and my big indica
i switched pots on my cheese clone to a 7 G pot.
i also have a white rhino clone in a 1.5 G pot both only recieved water with small molassos.
oh by the way the runoff on the indica and the white widow was 6.8

Mr Swilly
01-10-12, 05:51 PM
I think yer spot on. The old crabby leaves just are what they are mate if they are low on the plant. Some do crisp up as the plants get older. Just yank em off if there is only 1-2 of em and they are down at base of plant.

silentj
01-10-12, 08:55 PM
alright soo my small indica plant turned out to be male. went to water it this morning and seed sacks were forming.
io believe im going to throw the two clones i have right into bud with very little veg time. to get smoke soon, and start my ten plant cycle

silentj
01-10-12, 10:15 PM
instead of throwing the clones in the bud room i just put the cheese mother in there :stoned-smilie: im going to give the clones time to veg.
I bought some fox farm soil with worm castings and bat guano and placed a couple handfulls on top of pots around stalk , in the bud room. does that sound good or should i remove it, its not pure bat guano or worm casting its mixed with smaller bag of dirt. ahh fuck it ill post a pic of the bag haha

Mr Swilly
03-10-12, 11:48 PM
instead of throwing the clones in the bud room i just put the cheese mother in there :stoned-smilie: im going to give the clones time to veg.
I bought some fox farm soil with worm castings and bat guano and placed a couple handfulls on top of pots around stalk , in the bud room. does that sound good or should i remove it, its not pure bat guano or worm casting its mixed with smaller bag of dirt. ahh fuck it ill post a pic of the bag haha

Good approach mate nowt wrong with that. Again, observe em over next week to see how they react and feed accordingly.
Sorry I ain't been about as much , but weekend I will be back on regular, but yes that is fine mate.

silentj
03-10-12, 11:58 PM
ok i think im going to have to up the feed on the cheese plant which should be fine sense im still at 50% i gave her only water last time even tho she kinda looked hungry but i fed her nutes last two times before that but she looking goog other then some only a few yellow leaves at bottom,
post pics of flowering plants tomorow and veg plants tonight if not tomorrow

silentj
03-10-12, 11:59 PM
oh by the way do reddish or purple on the leaf stems or stalk always mean def, or could it be because my temps are about 83 85

silentj
05-10-12, 05:46 PM
the indica plant has quite a few more pistols i believe the correct term for them is then the pineapple,the cheese has still yet to grow them.
there all stretching nicely though :toke:

RastaMouse22
05-10-12, 07:48 PM
looking all bless from this sofa.. dont mind if i stick around do you.. i brought my own ganj... oo and i got a wetcherry blunt left if you wanna share :bigjoint:

peace

Winstun
05-10-12, 08:45 PM
oh by the way do reddish or purple on the leaf stems or stalk always mean def, or could it be because my temps are about 83 85

You normally get purple stems when the plants are getting too cold during lights off . . what are you lights off temps slinetj ? . . . It can also mean you have phosphorous def but is quite common during early flower and is all that much to worry about i dont think :)

silentj
05-10-12, 08:57 PM
looking all bless from this sofa.. dont mind if i stick around do you.. i brought my own ganj... oo and i got a wetcherry blunt left if you wanna share :bigjoint:

peace

Hell no i dont mind the more the smokier it gets :toke: I got a couple grams of some green crack i dont mind sharing

silentj
05-10-12, 08:59 PM
You normally get purple stems when the plants are getting too cold during lights off . . what are you lights off temps slinetj ? . . . It can also mean you have phosphorous def but is quite common during early flower and is all that much to worry about i dont think :)

my night temps havnt gotten to cold about 70 atleast. but i have also had them in veg and i have my light on 24h

Mr Swilly
05-10-12, 09:31 PM
Nice work j. Are leaves and stuff ok now ? The plants look superb from pics, but can't really see the leaves. You should have some proper fat stinking biatches soon lol.

Red stem can be just the strain mate. Cooler temps can cause reddening of stems as well. AND so can under feeding so be generous with that feed sir from now on as I think you have been doing. No harm in doing a full feed on the one with the red stems and the cheese one.

I know we have been feeding em lightly, but this is a good lesson to learn. Overfeeding is a nightmare on a first grow. It's better to have plants tell you they need it, than slopping it in any old how. I think you know when plants are underfed, so I suppose learning when to stop feeding is next.. So here's what I do...

Up feeds until I see slight burn on one or two fan leaves. This is just on the very tips, not down the side of the leaf, which means you have fried them. With just a millimetre of burn on the fan leaves, that tells me that feed is pretty perfect and the plant has enough, but not too much. No grow is ever the same, so knowing the ceiling of the plants food intake is a very valuable thing to know.

So look out for this after you have fed em. I see no harm in doing a full feed on the cheese and purp stems. But look out for the tips. In a week, if they have not burned on any tips, the plants are saying that they liked it and coped with it and will have the same next time . If leaf tips have slight burn, then the plants are saying liked it, but I'm a bit stuffed so smaller portion next time. You may want to start with 3/4 strength and see how they go. If they don't burn, give em full strength next water. Once they bud up we can go to town on the nutes , especially in last 3-4 weeks of flower. Burnt leaves don't matter so much then...

I say all this because whatever set up you have, understanding what the plants are telling you they want is what it is all about. So dialling in that sweet spot of well fed , but not overfed is where it's at, especially in flower. Overfeeding can ruin a crop in the early days. Under feeding may slow things, but is much less damaging. But knowing the ceiling gives you a window of what you know they can cope with. That is the essence of growing.

They are looking great man. You are doing extremely well. i know a few long term muck growers who would be very happy with the stature of those plants just turning into flower. Lovely round bushes and we should see the colas and branches develop quick now. a lot of the hardwork is done. If you are supercropping, prob best to think about winding it down after a good few pistils show on the indica.

Final bit of advice... It looks like you have the room for it, so space the plants out a bit. Give the lower sides some light and rotate the pots twice a week. The lower branches will come up to the canopy level. A few close ups of leaves wouldn't go a miss, but haven't checked the e mail in last few days, so will do that tonight.

Ps , can't remember ... Is it just the sensi a and b, or do you have other nutrients or boosters as probably a good time now to think about what we have and how to use it. I remember a tin of beef broth lol and maybe some big bud ? I'll have a look at pics earlier in diary.

Right cider and trifle calling so I'm off for a wander.

Cheers.

Mr S

silentj
06-10-12, 12:46 AM
Holy shit swilly your about full of information arnt you? lol and if you didnt find the nutrient pic i have the big bud and bud candy to go along with my sensi a and b. about to bust that beef broth open and get that mixed in the soil nicely haha
Ill spread the plants out a little bit i kinda pushed them together then angeled the lights slightly to the middle so the middle plant whould get 2x the light :harvest: haha

silentj
06-10-12, 02:08 AM
Holy shit swilly your about full of information arnt you? lol and if you didnt find the nutrient pic i have the big bud and bud candy to go along with my sensi a and b. about to bust that beef broth open and get that mixed in the soil nicely haha
Ill spread the plants out a little bit i kinda pushed them together then angeled the lights slightly to the middle so the middle plant whould get 2x the light :harvest: haha
oh and the leafs on all the new growth looks amazing ill post pics and the indica has not yellowed a new leaf or lost one sense you came along! :party:
to bad your not going to be able to share this harvest with me you deffinetly deserve it

silentj
06-10-12, 03:19 PM
alright heres an update
Cheese been in flower for about 3 4 days

Cheese clone top leafs got edge curl up but rest of leafs fine i dont think its a big deal but here it is.

silentj
06-10-12, 03:21 PM
one more
pineapple been in about 8 days
has some nice hairs or pistols coming in with all the new growth looking great, not any yellow leafs on bottom but not any burn marks either :leaf:

silentj
06-10-12, 03:25 PM
And the indica
starting growing the hairs almost two days before the pineapple and places in bud at same time, no more leafs on bottom have yellowed and fell off sence i got on the normal feeding, new growth looks good and so does everything else

silentj
06-10-12, 04:31 PM
hey my night time temp last night got down to 60 F my new daytime high though is only 75 F i know that my night time temp will get lower during winter how low can it get untill i lose growth rate?

silentj
07-10-12, 01:16 AM
Shit swilly so i realized that whoever wired my house is a dumbass and earlier my flower room shut off completly two hours before it was soppost to, so the lights were off for about two hours i believe before i noticed and when i noticed i kicked my breaker back on and the lights came on after being off for two hours. soo i shut them off and put the timer back where it was soppost to be. :( how much damage has been done? i have a way to fix it tomorrow mornig so it wont happen again but i feel terrible :(

Mr Swilly
08-10-12, 06:29 PM
Shit swilly so i realized that whoever wired my house is a dumbass and earlier my flower room shut off completly two hours before it was soppost to, so the lights were off for about two hours i believe before i noticed and when i noticed i kicked my breaker back on and the lights came on after being off for two hours. soo i shut them off and put the timer back where it was soppost to be. :( how much damage has been done? i have a way to fix it tomorrow mornig so it wont happen again but i feel terrible :(

Good to hear all is going well mate. Just get the plants back on schedule and keep an eye on it. A couple of extra hours dark does no harm at all mate. Nowt to worry about. Plants flower outside in 10/14 etc so it is used to it. Some would say it is beneficial.
Did you get any Epsom salts as I think that's maybe what the cheese needs if the leaf tips are beginning to curl up? Having said that if it is only at top of the plant it probably isn't. So forget that lol.

It can also signal nute burn as well or could be just the heat from the light. So I would reduce the feed a bit on that cheese. Maybe just a half next time, but as we have just fed her properly I don't think it's that
Do you have a desktop fan blowing over the canopy as it could be the heat from light.?
Nowt serious, it is either a weeny bit too much food or heat.... but mebbe a 3/4 feed for her next time.
Are you doing feed, water, feed water? If so then you can just see how she goes after a pure water feed.

I'm dying to say pour some beef broth in the muck, but that would be wrong of me to do so. Lol.

Mr Swilly
08-10-12, 06:34 PM
hey my night time temp last night got down to 60 F my new daytime high though is only 75 F i know that my night time temp will get lower during winter how low can it get untill i lose growth rate?

You don't ideally want it below 20c, which is 68f. Depends on strains as well. They will grow okish down to about 16c (60f) but you should make amends to heat the room up. You will lose growth if it gets lower. I use an electric fan heater which was 20 pounds. Or an oil filled radiator is what many use. It has a temp control so just dial in temp and jobs a goodun.
In my experience the more stable the temp, the better for plants. So a constant 25c is pretty spot on I'd say.

silentj
09-10-12, 02:24 AM
sorry i wasnt more specific but the cheese plant that is got small curling is the one that is only a week old in veg still, not yet recieved any nute. the cheese plant that is in flower is starting to crystal before producing any big hairs. it had quite a few leaves yellow on the bottom like 6 of them so it got its first 75% feed i think it needed it, as it only recieved water last time.

I guess im going to have to buy heater, but make sure it creates no light at all right no LED on lights on anything.

How big of a difference or important is it to water in the morning time?

I also did buy the epson salt and have used about 1/4 tsp for 9 liters of water on two of my flower plants

Mr Swilly
09-10-12, 07:36 PM
sorry i wasnt more specific but the cheese plant that is got small curling is the one that is only a week old in veg still, not yet recieved any nute. the cheese plant that is in flower is starting to crystal before producing any big hairs. it had quite a few leaves yellow on the bottom like 6 of them so it got its first 75% feed i think it needed it, as it only recieved water last time.

I guess im going to have to buy heater, but make sure it creates no light at all right no LED on lights on anything.

How big of a difference or important is it to water in the morning time?

I also did buy the epson salt and have used about 1/4 tsp for 9 liters of water on two of my flower plants

Watering in the morning time is overkill IMHO . Plants in their natural habitat don't get such regular schedules and they have evolved with random watering schedules. So i would say it is one of these urban myths tbh.
Just sling it in when the pots feel light mate. I would challenge anyone to say it increases yield . If it does I bet that there is not much in it. The wet dry cycle is important however. Getting plants thirsty is a good thing IMHO.
I open this up to anyone who knows different with the morning watering schedule.

silentj
09-10-12, 09:58 PM
ok im kind of glad to hear that it was becoming a hassel and i almost never got to water in the morning.

my pineapple plant is starting to lighten up in the new growth at the top, its been in flower for about 10 days i belive now "i have it written down" the last water was only water so do you think its just a little hungry?

also my cheese plant that i threw in bud is starting to crystal very nicely before its even growing the hairs or pistols, my others dont look like they will have as many but who knows.

hps lights suck to take pics but i will try to get some decent ones up soon. i believe im giong to throw my white widow in flower also because its making me lose light in my veg room because its so much taller

silentj
10-10-12, 09:33 PM
how do i tell the difference between hungry leafs at the bottom and nitrogen deficient leafs at the bottom? my cheese loses about 5 leaves or so a day off the bottom last few days, i fed it yesterday, ill see if it gets better

silentj
10-10-12, 10:08 PM
ok and i got a couple minor questions about a couple plants.
my indica is lighting up in color a small bit at the top of plant and the bottom has some yellowing leafs do you think its just hungry or nitrogen? its due for a feeding tommorow.

and my cheese plant got 75% nutes two days ago and this morning the top of plant is curling up think it was just a tiny to much nute?

silentj
13-10-12, 02:50 PM
after using nutes heavy with my last water im still losing leavs to yellowness from the bottom of my cheese plant, after reading some more i believe that this along with the indica plant and also i small amount in the pineapple is a nitrogen def i believe im going to go to the grow shhop monday and buy something unless you think other wise but im losing about 5 leavs a night now off the cheese from the bottom

Mr Swilly
13-10-12, 05:52 PM
I would keep feeding the indica and probably slow a bit on the cheese.
Everyone loses leaves mate down below, it is perfectly normal from here on in.
The plant just disregards what it doesn't need. The middle and upper stuff is where you should watch.
You may want to up the nitrogen feed a tiny bit mate, but losing a few leaves every day with plants that big is quite normal.
Looking pretty good btw.

silentj
13-10-12, 11:17 PM
its losing quite a few more leafs then my pineapple. like quite a few, and i found a thred with someone that looked just like it and bought some nitrogen feed and greened it right up. so i think ill give it a try mnonday let you know how it goes, but also i forgot to turn my fan down and my veg room was 67 yesterday with the light on and my small cheese plant is drooping at the top and shows colors on the top leafs im not sure what it is im hoping its just from the temp and turns back around i will post a pic

silentj
14-10-12, 05:20 PM
my cheese clone that has been growing for a couple weeks got droopy on the top the other day because my fan was up to high and the day time temp was 68, i believe thats why it was drooping. yesterday and today i noticed these spots on the top leaves but not on the bottom. its even on a small leaf thats almost at the top.

silentj
14-10-12, 05:26 PM
it has only recieved water by the way i forgot to mention

Here is the bud room
Heres the pineapple branches looking very thick

Heres the indica and WW and cheese

silentj
14-10-12, 05:47 PM
my humidity dome has to be in my veg room its only about four feet from my 600hps i use cubes and cloning solution with a heat mat underneath with water that has set for 24h and its taking ten days now with no roots, i pulled one cube apart slowly and seen it was growing a mass with small roots so i tossed it in some soil ill see how it goes but should i keep waitin on my others?

Mr Swilly
17-10-12, 09:40 PM
my humidity dome has to be in my veg room its only about four feet from my 600hps i use cubes and cloning solution with a heat mat underneath with water that has set for 24h and its taking ten days now with no roots, i pulled one cube apart slowly and seen it was growing a mass with small roots so i tossed it in some soil ill see how it goes but should i keep waitin on my others?

Yes do keep waiting on them. If the one you ripped apart has first signs of roots, then it is probable that others will be too.
It can take over 2 weeks to root em, some quicker, some slower.

On the dots on the leaves on the rooted clone.., difficult to tell from pics, but honestly they kinda look ok. Bit if you can get some better pics I can better diagnose. What is it bieng fed and how long in soil? Under a 600? Did you splash any nute solution on leaves?

Flower room is looking nice.

silentj
19-10-12, 07:25 PM
my seeds said 8 to 10 week flower time. do i count the first two weeks? somewhere i heard not to count the first two weeks but they were already loaded with pistols by that time. and my nutrients say use on weeks 2 to 6. so 14days after i throw them in bud i can use that nutrient right?

Mr Swilly
19-10-12, 08:14 PM
my seeds said 8 to 10 week flower time. do i count the first two weeks? somewhere i heard not to count the first two weeks but they were already loaded with pistols by that time. and my nutrients say use on weeks 2 to 6. so 14days after i throw them in bud i can use that nutrient right?

You count from first pistils showing j, so by week 2 you had loads, so I suspect you should call it week 2. What is the nutrient you are going to use? I assume it is the bloom right? If so I would chuck it in. The soil will take a few days to register the feed so chuck in now and prob about right. i think we are using hydro nutes if i remember. How is ph and the leaves? This is about the time when oil can go acidic and plants begin to get hungry. I am around all weekend mate and having a chilled one so post pics etc.

This period is prob one of the most important in the plants schedule. I usually shove some epsoms in there in case magnesium is low and perhaps some grownutes to keep the stretch down and leaves green, along with the bloom feed.

silentj
20-10-12, 12:11 AM
ok thanks and my runoff is about 7 on all plants and im using sensi bloom with big bud and bud candy. my leaves on the pineapple and cheese are great and the white widow. the last two feedings on the indica plant are increasing every time because after i feed the plant greens up nicely then about three days later i water and about two days before the next feed it gets real yellow on the bottom fast. like hungry leaves then after the feed it greens right back up. today i had to feed it a day early because i was worried about the leaves it was losing, quite a few, going half way up plant, nothing like the other plants. the leaves yellow entirely at once and fall off. no patches or brown spots and starts at bottom, the feed i gave it today, i used a little extra of my nutrient with the most nitrogen and a little less with the rest, but still a bigger feed then last time. the top of the plant has no signs of nute burn or curling. if anything the small leaves by the buds curl down? is that a proplem? Ill post many pics tommorrow morning.

Mr Swilly
23-10-12, 08:33 PM
ok thanks and my runoff is about 7 on all plants and im using sensi bloom with big bud and bud candy. my leaves on the pineapple and cheese are great and the white widow. the last two feedings on the indica plant are increasing every time because after i feed the plant greens up nicely then about three days later i water and about two days before the next feed it gets real yellow on the bottom fast. like hungry leaves then after the feed it greens right back up. today i had to feed it a day early because i was worried about the leaves it was losing, quite a few, going half way up plant, nothing like the other plants. the leaves yellow entirely at once and fall off. no patches or brown spots and starts at bottom, the feed i gave it today, i used a little extra of my nutrient with the most nitrogen and a little less with the rest, but still a bigger feed then last time. the top of the plant has no signs of nute burn or curling. if anything the small leaves by the buds curl down? is that a proplem? Ill post many pics tommorrow morning.

You have done the right thing on the indica. Watching how it reacts, then feeding appropriately. That is what it's all about. Some strains even phenos need different feeding schedules and mixes.
All seems fine mate. As runoff is 7, I would try and reduce it slightly if you can.
Reason I say this is as plants I have grown tend to like the 6.5 in mid flower better. It don't really matter however.
But also for you to learn and observe how they react. If it ain't broke, don't fix it I suppose but maybe worth trying it on one.
Just remember acidic soil is the enemy so below 6.5 carries risks, well it does for me.
Doing a grand job mate. They are looking good now. Did you put some Epsoms in in last few weeks?
Cheers
Mr swilly

E2a curling down of bud leaves is quite normal on top cola. Curling down is either strain,too much n, or can be heat stress. If lower leaves are needing more n, it is probably not too much n, but nowt to worry about

silentj
27-10-12, 02:50 PM
pineapple growing pistols for abaout 25 days now top buds bigger then thumb

Mr Swilly
30-10-12, 12:23 AM
Feed em up son. Now is the time. Aim for a bit of tip burn.
Looking good.

silentj
31-10-12, 05:02 PM
how % of amber should i see before i crop i dont want to much of a stoney high i like to be able to do things while im high but still like to be stoned lol you know what im sayin

Mr Swilly
31-10-12, 11:38 PM
how % of amber should i see before i crop i dont want to much of a stoney high i like to be able to do things while im high but still like to be stoned lol you know what im sayin

The thing with amber tricks, cloudy trichs etc is that different parts of the plant can mature at different times.
My advice to you squire, is to chop when the calyxes have engulfed the pistols and the swelling stops.
It is possible to chop a plant too early , if amber trichs are seen on one part of the plant.
Sometimes the colas are just not ready and still have a lot to swell up and yield.
So step one, ensure your plants are knobbly and have swelled. Then get the scope out and check the trichs .
Look at all different parts of the plant and get an average reading.
The true professionals may well chop a part of the plant and leave other parts to finish.
Whilst a plant is swelling, it is creating trichomes within the buds and these take time to mature.
The outside trichs may be ambering up as they are older, but if swelling the inner buds will be producing clear trichomes.

So my point is, don't chop at the first sight of amber trichomes. Take readings from all parts of the plants and never chop until pistils are encased 60-80% by calyxes. Then you know the plant is nearly ready.

silentj
05-11-12, 12:04 AM
whats calyxes? and what is the best way to transport plants i have to move and take my bud plants and my veg plants i was thinking about taking them at night time and putting a black bag over them to keep out light, im not worried about people seeing but im renting a uhaul truck so it will be almost completly dark in the back but not all the way.

silentj
05-11-12, 05:21 PM
Soo.. my big indica plant hermied i think it was because all the problems ive had with it and last week the top branch supercropped from a dropped fan and when i noticed i squeeced a sack and pollen came out, as you know this plant is closest to the door and the wind should have blown the pollen out, if the other plants are pollenated how long will it take for me to notice, and i kept about half of the bud from the plant even tho immature this bud will still be fine for brownies correct?

Mr Swilly
06-11-12, 08:04 PM
whats calyxes? and what is the best way to transport plants i have to move and take my bud plants and my veg plants i was thinking about taking them at night time and putting a black bag over them to keep out light, im not worried about people seeing but im renting a uhaul truck so it will be almost completly dark in the back but not all the way.

Calyxes are the tiny oval shaped green bits that pistils (hairs) come out of. When a plant matures, these swell and cover up the hairs by about 70%. Calyxes all together form the buds. They in essence are the green it's of the buds that are not leaves.

Black bags are a good idea. You are better off keeping them dark than interrupting with light . It's just less risky.

silentj
06-11-12, 08:04 PM
swilly please find my "nanners or male plant" thread i had to throw out the indica plant due to seed sacks coming so late in flower?? and today im noticing nanners? on my pineapple and my white widow has wierd looking calxyes on the top buds, i posted pics on the thread please help

Mr Swilly
06-11-12, 08:07 PM
Soo.. my big indica plant hermied i think it was because all the problems ive had with it and last week the top branch supercropped from a dropped fan and when i noticed i squeeced a sack and pollen came out, as you know this plant is closest to the door and the wind should have blown the pollen out, if the other plants are pollenated how long will it take for me to notice, and i kept about half of the bud from the plant even tho immature this bud will still be fine for brownies correct?

Bah, gutted mate. Hermies for me are usually strain related as opposed to stress and stuff. Not saying they don't hermie with stress, but light leaks and genetics are much more prominent reasons for hermies. The other plants will take a week or so. Tbh I wouldn't do much as what is done is done. You may find an odd seed in the plants, but by no means does it sound like your crop is ruined at all.
It sounds as though it is a small affair. Anyway if not, you can always flog em on line as the latest killer strain lol.

Hope things are well mate. Be good to see the beauties. Are you happy with them so far?

silentj
06-11-12, 08:12 PM
did you find the thread? it has a couple pics, and with nanners about one or two of them in the big pineapple buds will they affect my other plants, as u know im putting plants into the room about every two weeks to keep my cycle going, i cant have a cycle of hermies or males that never stops

silentj
07-11-12, 01:23 PM
so all of these nanners that are in the buds of the indica plant they will break open and get pollen onn me when i grind it all up to make butter but if i grind it all up in the bathroom with the shower on very hot its its real steamy in there, will that kill the pollen so i dont track it back into the groom, and whats going to happen if i got pollen on my plants in the veg stage?

silentj
07-11-12, 08:39 PM
swilly id like you to take a look at my nanners post in the infirmary to c if u got any info to throw in

silentj
07-11-12, 08:46 PM
i just seen your post explaing the calyxes and btw thank u that was the best explaination i have found but these top ones only on the top buds are yellowish to whiteish with no pistols coming out 150313150314

silentj
08-11-12, 12:51 PM
Do you think those spots on top are places that the hermied plant got pollen on the top? will they just turn into seeds and be fine are will they produce lots of seeds and infect other plants?

i think i found the problem from the first hermied plant and the nanners coming out of the other one. i was reccommended a green light bulb from wal mart from a fellow grower, i used the light bulb 3-5 times before i bought an led flash light, last night i realized those bulbs are not reccomended by growers on the computer because they produce light that is still ubsorbed by the plant. i checked my room last night during night time to double check no light leaks. I have swapped out my heater for a better one but it has led lights inside showing the temperature sense those lights inside are green do i not have to put tape over them?

silentj
10-11-12, 11:23 PM
heres some cheese buds that still have atleast 3 to 5 weeks left

Mr Swilly
11-11-12, 04:41 PM
Do you think those spots on top are places that the hermied plant got pollen on the top? will they just turn into seeds and be fine are will they produce lots of seeds and infect other plants?

i think i found the problem from the first hermied plant and the nanners coming out of the other one. i was reccommended a green light bulb from wal mart from a fellow grower, i used the light bulb 3-5 times before i bought an led flash light, last night i realized those bulbs are not reccomended by growers on the computer because they produce light that is still ubsorbed by the plant. i checked my room last night during night time to double check no light leaks. I have swapped out my heater for a better one but it has led lights inside showing the temperature sense those lights inside are green do i not have to put tape over them?

that pic with the yellow on the top i am afraid do look like bananas (male sacks) pick a couple off, if they are, they will look like mini bananas. they do not look like seed pods to me (pollinated) as seed pods will remain geen, bananas are usually more yellow.
And yah dude, put tape overthe light. I am never convinced of green lights and the like, pitchblack is always the way, then you are certain that you will reduce any environmental risk of hermies. It can be strain dependnt as i said..... And i think it is.
which seedbanks are they from? greenhouse and doggies nuts ar quite bad for hermies and many smaller seedbanks suffer as well. DNA, Sensi seeds, Mr Nice all very relaible.
just pick those bananas off mate and see how they go. dont bin the plants, but do pick those bananas of daily.

Mr Swilly
11-11-12, 04:42 PM
heres some cheese buds that still have atleast 3 to 5 weeks left

looking great mate. Pile in the food on those cheeses. perfect time for the PK supplement, but dont overdo it, just what it says on the bottle.

silentj
13-11-12, 12:39 AM
the white widow with the yellow or whiteish things on the top is looking like its going away,, maybe. im keeping an eye on it but ive yet to see any bananas in any buds or coming out of the swelling on the top

Mr Swilly
15-11-12, 09:49 PM
the white widow with the yellow or whiteish things on the top is looking like its going away,, maybe. im keeping an eye on it but ive yet to see any bananas in any buds or coming out of the swelling on the top

good news. hey man get some pics up , love to see how they all are. Sorry i aint been aout as much as id like, back in the zone now.
muchas
s

silentj
17-11-12, 09:35 PM
cheese plant looking very nice, going to cut the nutes out in about a week, its almost to week 7 and its a 8-10 week strain but i think its going to take atleast nine because lots of white hairs still and no amber, still swelling nicely :D
white widow in back ground got about 3 weeks left its a 8 week strain

silentj
17-11-12, 09:38 PM
here is the veg room, got some plants at all different ages so i can keep my rotaion coming along. i just made this clone bucket with a pump and sprayers, hoping to get a better result then the humidity dome
Heres a cheese clone that i threw in bud about week and half ago i super cropped the shit out of it, it looks amazing

silentj
17-11-12, 09:41 PM
OH and by the way i havnt noticed any more problems with male or seeds or nanners my ww has shown a small stunt in growth but maybe thats just the strain not swelling up like the cheese does

Mr Swilly
21-11-12, 01:28 AM
Wowsers. I see you have got the hang of the supercropping. That cheese clone looks absolutely perfect and will bud up very well.
And I am really pleased at how the originals are turning out. You seem to have had very few problems since the ph issues earlier on .
Genuinely chuffed that it is working out. I guess, for me it's time for a final tip in that case as the originals are due to be chopped soon. It's plain sailing from here mate, the last couple of weeks are the easiest...

So now it should be about how we can optimise the final product. For me this is what I would recommend....

1) if you have one, throw a metal halide bulb over them for the final 2 weeks. If you haven't dont buy one, not really worth it. If yo do have one, this will allow the quality and production of trichomes to increase slightly. This is my experience and others do agree, although it is not necessary as such. The younger plants will not stretch as much, like the cropped cheese so can work well. One guy I know swears by metal halide for the first two and last two weeks of flower.
2) if you have black treacle or molasses, it is not a bad time to throw some in. This will (literally overnight) create an explosion of trichomes. This will give the buds more frosty trichomes. You can flush with it as well and use it all the way until you chop them. It can give the buds a nicer flavour. Mix one tablespoon per 5 litres into the water and throw it in the feed. I think this is the best way of injecting some trich production late on. Even basic white table sugar is supposed to work as well, although I have never tried it. I'm sure a guy called jimmi420 on here won't mind you dropping him a pm. He has done the sugar and swears by it. He is a trustworthy guy who knows his stuff. Throwing in black treacle is fine as well as we are in the last two weeks.
3) you can stress the plants. The more stressed they are, the more horny they get and throw out resin much more. The metal halide kinda stresses them as its a bit hotter. You can also throw in UVB supplements, and I have done that before with decent success. I have also tried making a vertical incision in the stem in the last week as the plant gets stressed and fights for its life and throw lovely juices out. All of the above maybe too much if you have seen some bananas. So maybe best to not try and stress them, but the treacle /sugar/ molasses is absolutely worth a go.

Some things to be aware of in the final 2-3 weeks....

As the colas harden up and get more resinous. Bud rot is a risk that needs a growers attention. You cannot neglect this one. The things I do.....

Heat the room up a bit more when lights off. Maybe 26-28c . This kills humidity. Cold periods lights off = high humidity which can result in budrot. We do not want that.

Check the plants every day for signs of rot. Look for leaves going brown on the inner central finger leaves coming from the buds. If it looks dodgy, give it a quick pull and if the leaf just comes away from the bud with no resistance, then it is cause for concern. The leaf will be brown in the middle , nearest the cola and green on the outside and tips.

Examine the main colas and look for brown patches developing. If you see one, gently squeeze it and if it feels mushy, then rot may well have set in. Do the leaf trick as well if in any doubt. This is the time to cut it out of the cola as this shit spreads quickly.

The problem with rot is, it starts inside the buds, so by the time you see it on the outside, half the cola may be fucked. Thankfully, the single finger leaves are the best sign of rot from the outside. So check these as said above.

That said mate, if you keep the room reasonably warm lights off and decent air exchange , rot is quite rare. But last thing you want is a bud full of rot, so it's well worth taking the precautions daily and inspect them and make an effort to monitor humidity lights off.

Nice on squire, you are growing a belter.

silentj
28-11-12, 07:23 PM
that sounds amazing im taking good precaution now, i cant wait to upload pics of harvest time buds are still swelling nicely, getting some purpleish color on some leafs, not finger ones tho i believe its either strain or def because it only been giving mollasas i believe we still got atleast a week, i cut off a small bud that looked the most mature and it only had about 5 amber crystals over all so its still a very low %

Mr Swilly
29-11-12, 08:37 PM
Yup i am looking forward to the pics as well mate. Remember let those buds swell up and keep an eye for the rot. On the home straight. A wise man once said ... when you think they are ready, give em another week, but your grow man you decide.

Both of us will get an award for this so i will give the mods a heads up (if winstan hasnt already :) Any probs man do tell. I think it would be good to do some pics once harvested in the main forum.
If you want i can post em on here full size, so send em to e mail addy if you want. Always good to have the full sized glossies on the forum.

Let me know any probs or signs of rot mate.It sounds like all is going fine.

silentj
29-11-12, 09:32 PM
alright good idea on the full size pics i will post a couple on the email today then a couple more when i harvest, and no signs of rut but some leaves are turning purple but i dont believe its rot thought.

Mr Swilly
30-11-12, 07:00 PM
alright good idea on the full size pics i will post a couple on the email today then a couple more when i harvest, and no signs of rut but some leaves are turning purple but i dont believe its rot thought.

purple can come in late flower and can be a sign of cooler temps. i think its just the strain tbh. nowt to worry about.
by the way yiou now have your student award :) ill check e mails tomorrow

Mr Swilly
06-12-12, 08:58 PM
right voyeurs. check one of silents big pics. sorry for delay j.. had a heavy week in work...

bloody tremendous efforts and the supercropping has worked an absolute treat.

10/10

from this kinda thang....

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_20120915_110216.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/119600/title/img-20120915-110216/cat/500)

to this :omg::omg::omg::omg::omg:

https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/500/medium/IMG_20121129_175102.jpg (https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/125874/title/mentor/cat/500)

silentj
08-12-12, 06:01 PM
the first pic you just posted swilly is of the pineapple plant that was in veg that we had problems with.
But here we go with the cropping update and btw i sent all these pictures to the email so you can post any in large size if you would like.

silentj
08-12-12, 06:10 PM
half of my pics would not upload swilly so i would reccomend you going to the email and placing them for me, unfortunately the best pics wouldnt upload

silentj
08-12-12, 06:15 PM
heres my homeade dry box 5 foot long box 4 smaller holes in both ends with fan up against one end temp of room about 75 these buds have been drying for 2 days, the bottom foot of the plant i let sit over night because i was exhausted so those only been drying 24 hours do i need to let my leaves dry ouot before i cook them and make butter with them?157894157895157896157897

silentj
08-12-12, 06:16 PM
the email has many more close ups of the buds that look amazing that i could not download

silentj
08-12-12, 06:20 PM
update of the bud room,,
cheese in here is at week 4 and white widow is at week 8 almost chop time, im kinda upset with the product tho very leafy and deffinetly not as white as the pictures in the website.

Mr Swilly
10-12-12, 07:32 PM
I will post em up for ya on weekend j. Just a mobile device Sunday - Thursday so will put em up Thursday night.