PDA

View Full Version : I'm expecting to be wrong :)

bruce786
29-10-12, 11:09 PM
Been thinking aloud about breeding seeds and was wondering how to go about this.

I have strain A and strain B both feminized. And want to create a cross between the two.

Is my train of thought correct in thinking that; on my first run harvest 90% of the buds on strain A and fully harvest strain B. Let the remaining 10% of strain A keep flowering in order to create bananas.

Collect them and store them till my next run. Use pollen from the
bananas on the buds of strain B.
Would this equal AXB feminized seeds?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Hillbilly
30-10-12, 04:13 AM
Most likely you will end up with hermie's, breeding from Fems is a Risk IMO..

RastaMouse22
30-10-12, 10:54 AM
As said pal your better off sticking with regs.. less chance of somehing going wrong down the line.. i would be pisst if i bred the hermie trait..

Good luck with the breeding pal

GreenThumbRob
30-10-12, 06:03 PM
If your getting bananas popping out of your buds you are already working with herms. You will be waisting your time and resources if you start with something that is already jacked. I have bred with feminized plants many times without issue. The key is to breed with stabilized genetics which if you're using feminized seed you never know how stable they are unless you are the one who has created the strain and stabilized it yourself.

Grub
30-10-12, 06:23 PM
I'd have to agree with the lads... although your method is still widely used it can have unpredictable results.

It's always best to breed using a regular male and female.

bruce786
30-10-12, 06:53 PM
Thank you very much for the replies. Knowledge is nourishing :).

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2