PDA

View Full Version : Downsizing! Need advice on set up please

Crazydaze
05-11-12, 11:12 AM
I have a week off work so I thought I'd be constructive and get cracking on a new groom instead of getting baked everyday.
After months of nagging and after many heated discussions with the mrs, I have took my own decsion to downsize my tent and set up. I originally had a DR240 tent with a 2m F&D table. I started my girls off in a built in wardrobe which has also been reclaimed by her indoors so now I have begrudgingly downsized to a DR60 tent for propagation and a DR120 tent for the business end to accommodate her needs for space as I'm nice like that :furious:

I have a 2 foot 4 tube T5 and a 4" extraction with passive intake for the smaller tent which worked well for me in the drobe so I'm happy with that.
In the bigger tent I plan to to use a 400w MH for end of veg for nice tight nodes and either a 600w or 2x400w for flower using flexi wings, a 6" RVK extraction and CF with a 5" RVK intake fed from an open window both controlled by an SMScom.

The issue I'm having is deciding what system to run with? I want no more than 4-6 plants and want to jump on the scrog train as this is the obvious way to go.
I was initially going to get back to basics starting them off in root riots before potting up with coco in 1.5L pots for the first 3-4 weeks, then transplanting into 15L air pots whilst hand watering for the rest of their life. These Auto Pot systems also interest me, they look low maintenance and easy to master as I want to get to grips with coco. Then again I have seen some real monsters created bunging a couple of waterfarms in the same size tent and doing a scrog but I get the feeling they can be tricky to master.

All advice appreciated.

CD :bigjoint: