PDA

View Full Version : Barneys OR Greenhouse

Dironemo
19-02-09, 04:10 PM
Which one out of these two do you think is the better coffeeshop company :smokie:

sloshyjam
19-02-09, 05:53 PM
i've only ever been to greenhouse, it was a proper smart place and will defo go there the next time i'm in the dam.

but saying that i realy want to go to barney's and a load of other places aswell lol

jhr1710
19-02-09, 06:55 PM
both are top quality, go to both. if you've not been to barney's lounge before you should def go there, not like your average coffeeshop, very smart, modern and clean, decent music and some of the best strains around, also have a vap there if your into smoking bud that way, worth a little go even if your not! should prob go to barneys restaurant as well, order your milkshakes and special Barney's Burger, roll up a joint and have a smoke whilst you wait for your food! one of the only places i found where you could munch and smoke :bigjoint:

oh yeah... and when your in barneys, order some of the Barney Rubble hash, knocked me off my feet, (very expensive, just ask if you can buy 10E worth, beware though once you smoke it, you wont want to smoke anything else!!) ;)

Rizzah
19-02-09, 07:03 PM
I'm not the most experienced grower on here.

But I recently bought 5 feminized greenhouse seeds sativa mixed.

4 of them germ'd

The Nevilles Haze grew into a retarded mutant which got binned.

The super silver haze also looks strange.

The haiwaian snow looks sweet tho.

I wont be using greenhouse again,

Purely because it was my first order and it didn't go as I wanted it too.

I've just bought some barneys farm blue cheese of her and they are waiting to germinate now.

Ill report back how they do in a couple of days!

jhr1710
19-02-09, 07:09 PM
smoked some of greenhouse's super silver when in dam last year and remember it was one of my favs of that trip, very strong and really tasty ;)
should be in for a treat mate, especially if your not expecting to much of her :bigjoint:

Rizzah
19-02-09, 07:37 PM
Im hoping so,

I blame it on buying feminized seeds.

Since I've now learnt how to sex I won't be doing that again!

KdN
19-02-09, 07:49 PM
got 5 barneys and 5 greenhouse just going into flower now - will keep u posted :)

KdN
19-02-09, 07:50 PM
(atm the greenhouse look the better genetics, uniform etc)

Mr_Bimble
19-02-09, 07:58 PM
Greenhouse lounge with thefishtank under the floor - sit upstairs and smoke some neat trainwreck washed down with a smoothie from the bar.

Barneys breakfast bar for the Irish breakfast washed down with some strawberry haze or blueberry.

WTL
20-02-09, 01:34 PM
Barneys do a great pancake. :bigjoint:

psychodrilla
23-02-09, 06:27 PM
i have been goin to the dam almost yearly since 1990 and i gotta say i head straight for barneys as soon as i get out of central station and if i'm lucky they'll have some laughing buddah in and i get myself an irish breky and hot choc and its when i sit rolling and chattin to strangers i just met thats when i know i have arrived in the DAM :D

green house is good but i tend to check them out in the evenins

:D peace

paul333
23-02-09, 06:37 PM
I've only ever bought seeds from GHS. Out of 10 fem seeds, only 5 germinated and one of them looks like the plant version of John Merrick! I shan't be buying anything from GHS again.

jhr1710
23-02-09, 06:43 PM
Cant vouch for greenhouse's seeds as i've never grown any. Smoked plently of buds from them out in dam, and they have some beautiful strains to try.. was really impressed with the selection on the menu :bigjoint: paul mate, have you tried non-feminized seeds from them, might just have something to do with the feminised seeds?

paul333
23-02-09, 06:45 PM
Cant vouch for greenhouse's seeds as i've never grown any. Smoked plently of buds from them out in dam, and they have some beautiful strains to try.. was really impressed with the selection on the menu :bigjoint: paul mate, have you tried non-feminized seeds from them, might just have something to do with the feminised seeds?

It's my first grow mate. I went down the fem route as I couldn't bear the heartache if I didn't get any fems. Next time i'll buy non fem seeds as sexing seems to be easy enough.

THOMAS CHONG
24-02-09, 12:57 PM
Ive Never Had Any Troubles With G/h

lucky luke
24-02-09, 06:14 PM
I've only ever bought seeds from GHS. Out of 10 fem seeds, only 5 germinated and one of them looks like the plant version of John Merrick! I shan't be buying anything from GHS again.

sorry to but in m8 but me and a m8 bought 5 himalaya gold and all 5 are looking great,no complaints here anyway,sorry to hear you were unlucky though.

Rizzah
24-02-09, 06:21 PM
sorry to but in m8 but me and a m8 bought 5 himalaya gold and all 5 are looking great,no complaints here anyway,sorry to hear you were unlucky though.

I am extremely unhappy with my GH seeds feminized.

It may be because they are feminized but £30 for 5 seeds and I am left with 1 plant.

I will be sticking to Blue Cheese and White Widow from now on.

jetlag
25-02-09, 08:31 AM
barneys is a great coffee shop but make sure you take ID, I was there a few years ago and had ordered my breakfast when a waitress comes over and asks me for ID, I didn't have it on me and she tells me I have to go get it and she won't let me eat my brekkie first. when I got back they hadn't even held it back in the kitchen, they just delivered it to the table for it to get cold.

thats the only bad experience tho and I always take id with me, I was 25 btw

Bush Dr
25-02-09, 01:41 PM
With you there Rizzah, Greenhouse seeds are a poor product that produces poor quality weed, it might look good, but smoke and then we'll see

BomShiva
02-03-09, 07:27 AM
Which one out of these two do you think is the better coffeeshop company :smokie:

Neither :omg:

Go to the Grey Area :bigjoint:

Bom!

spengle
27-03-09, 03:30 AM
i bought a 5 pack indica mix from GHS and i havent had a problem what so ever all 5 are looking good

bluetooth
27-03-09, 09:26 AM
ghs sucks i brought trainwreak from them and none of the 5 seeds germed ive never had trouble germin seeds
so stay clear of them
bt:ban:

Rizzah
27-03-09, 11:07 AM
Right thats enough people with bad experiences with GH for me to never buy a product from them again.

Maybe you had good GH seeds?

When?

Recently?

Because it seems all the new batches are fooked!

syanlar
27-03-09, 01:03 PM
Neither :omg:

Go to the Grey Area :bigjoint:

Bom!

Absolutely Bom! - Buy your weed from Grey Area if you really want the best and use the others to hang out. Also the Grey Area owner is the nuts and as honest as they come. Every time I have been in there I have asked lots of questons and for reccomendations.
He has always been spot on and has steered me away from certain strains and batches that he was selling because they were 'not the best, today or this week' in his opinion.
I would,nt bank on getting a seat in there though or getting a 'cheap' deal. You get what you pays for in the Grey area - FACT.

syanlar
27-03-09, 01:11 PM
Right thats enough people with bad experiences with GH for me to never buy a product from them again.

Maybe you had good GH seeds?

When?

Recently?

Because it seems all the new batches are fooked!

I,ve had some good and some bad seeds from GH and same with Barney's however one thing I have always done is sown/germinated 3 times as many seeds as I would wish to end up with in flower.
This way I can first of all pick out the males (usually approx. 50/50 ratio) and then pick the best of the females to flower out.
In every batch of say 10 seeds you will always have a few that do not germ or grow correctly. The trick is to find the 'one' out of the batch that you would want to keep as a mother and then either clone that or re-veg it to a decent size so that you can maximise the yield.
I would never sow just one of each strain (especially feminised) as you really are leaving yourself open to chance of a good result.

I once heard a saying which applied to outdoor growing when you were putting out established plants. Plant 3 times as many as you will need. That way a third goes to the local wildlife, a third goes to the weather (wind and rain), and a third goes to you.

Remember when are dealing with nature - only the strongest will survive. A plant will put out thousands of seeds but only a proportion will survive. It's the way nature is.

I,m blabbing now - sorry, 1 week after harvest, happy days

syanlar
27-03-09, 01:14 PM
ghs sucks i brought trainwreak from them and none of the 5 seeds germed ive never had trouble germin seeds
so stay clear of them
bt:ban:

Have a look at my last GHS trainwreck grow. I found a couple of stunners, not all of them were the same but the good ones were REALLY good.

Perhaps you were just unlucky. I have particular trouble germinating seeds during the winter months - regardless of temps, lights, humidity etc. Weird but just one of those things. I only grow from clone during the winter months.

Rizzah
27-03-09, 01:46 PM
Ok, I'll take it that was for everyone's benefit and not just mine? ;)

I know what your saying,

But why would I pay £30 for 5 seeds, only to end up with 1 Pheno..

For example,

The White Widow I had from here - 10 seeds 10 Germed 3 Females (Ok not the best female ratio but all are stunning Phenos)

Blue Cheese I had from here - 10 seeds 10 germed (unknown sex yet)

So,

I pay £30 and I am stuck with the one pheno, I dont get a choice...

Now when I go to the dam I'll pick some up direct from GHS shop and see how they fare..

But there have been not one two or three bad reports on here so far theres been loads!

bluetooth
27-03-09, 04:52 PM
Ok, I'll take it that was for everyone's benefit and not just mine? ;)

I know what your saying,

But why would I pay £30 for 5 seeds, only to end up with 1 Pheno..

For example,

The White Widow I had from here - 10 seeds 10 Germed 3 Females (Ok not the best female ratio but all are stunning Phenos)

Blue Cheese I had from here - 10 seeds 10 germed (unknown sex yet)

So,

I pay £30 and I am stuck with the one pheno, I dont get a choice...

Now when I go to the dam I'll pick some up direct from GHS shop and see how they fare..

But there have been not one two or three bad reports on here so far theres been loads!

dont waste ur money man.coz i know i wont spend another penny on crap seeds from gh
bt:banghead:

cheech&chong
27-03-09, 09:44 PM
my current grow is gh fem seeds and all germed (2 of them took their fucking time though!) i will always go back 2 them from now on! bought through a
3rd party, but gh seeds none the less! and they all do what they say on the tin? lol (all fem).

Cheesegrease
28-03-09, 02:00 PM
Greenhouse fem cheese turned into some beautiful ladies that looked close to identical, smoke was top notch too.