PDA

View Full Version : chopping a canbis plant

gavin
15-11-12, 05:59 PM
Couple of years ago, I was grow some plants, and took cutting a week before I put the plants in flower.
The plants needed 10 weeks in flower so I had to keep the cutting in veg for 10 weeks,

I was thinking, ten weeks in veg, the plants would grow into a very large plant, so I let the plants grow 2 ft in 11ltr pots (soil) (about 6 weeks)
and chopped the plant down to the 6th node/branches and chopped the branches back to the first healthy leaves/nodes
and defoliation all the fan leaves but a couple on the end of each branch, veg for 4 weeks more and turned over to flower
done this with 6 plants and all had the same end result, thick strong stems and a large root mass and a short bushy plant (3ft), but yield loads
5-6oz's per plant in 14ltr pot soil, (could get 4 under a 600w hps)

can't find any body else that has done this, has anyone done this or know what the techniques called ?
thanks

jimmi420
15-11-12, 07:01 PM
Its called topping big styleeeeeee

gavin
15-11-12, 07:02 PM
Its called topping big styleeeeeee

thanks jimmi420 lol

Murdock
15-11-12, 07:12 PM
where i live its called fucking rape lol

gavin
15-11-12, 08:18 PM
where i live its called fucking rape lol

I like playing with my plants and have one I will rape later,
maybe it was luck, but I want to find out, so I will upload a picture later so you can see how the plant looks after.
will be using a topped healthy ssh plant.
The plant is in a 11ltr pot with a good root mass, its about 16" high and 12" wide.
will be using a 29ltr pot in flower,

update a weekly with pictures, so you can see if I get a large yield or not
here's the plant I will be using

Murdock
15-11-12, 08:26 PM
its a hell of a lot of vegging though, you could of finished a crop in that time and got the same yield in hydro, 2-3 weeks veg in hydro would achieve the same yield

gavin
15-11-12, 09:33 PM
yes, you could of finished a crop in that time but,
say you take cuttings, just before you put your plants in flower (no room for mother plants)
you have got 10 weeks+ to get the next lot ready for the flower room and want to keep the plant short and get the best yield from them.

If this works well, one plant in veg, under a 125w cfl and one plant in flower under a 600w, could give you a good crop
you may have a good plant that yields a lot and is a good smoke and want to keep growing that plant.

you could do this with a few different strains at the same time, (the canopy should be more even)

hydro grows can yield more than soil, but you can have endless problems with hydro

jimmi420
15-11-12, 09:39 PM
yes, you could of finished a crop in that time but,
say you take cuttings, just before you put your plants in flower (no room for mother plants)
you have got 10 weeks+ to get the next lot ready for the flower room and want to keep the plant short and get the best yield from them.

If this works well, one plant in veg, under a 125w cfl and one plant in flower under a 600w, could give you a good crop
you may have a good plant that yields a lot and is a good smoke and want to keep growing that plant.

you could do this with a few different strains at the same time, (the canopy should be more even)

hydro grows can yield more than soil, but you can have endless problems with hydroWhen im up and rolling once in a while all i dso is take a cutt before flowering and bosh it under t-5 then when flowering is over the one under the t-5 will be virtually ready , iff it gets too tall i top it, but it aint a problem , thats how you should keep it going and you can have crops one after the other buzzing away. No mothers involved. Your on the right track dude, good one.

gavin
15-11-12, 10:11 PM
thanks jimmi420

some good advice about putting the plants under a t5, till they go in flower, but have 4 weeks, till I want to put this plant in flower,
so here goes, chopping the plant

hope you two stay, pull up a chair and watch the grow
thanks

FACE
15-11-12, 10:46 PM
Am same as jimmi on this a take cuts and they go under a strip light and root and it's cool enough they don't need to be fed every day and a can keep them really slow grow for weeks and when it's time to use bang there in and grow rapid in no time a do this with many strains a blue cheese a have is around 3 years old

gavin
16-11-12, 01:06 AM
Am same as jimmi on this a take cuts and they go under a strip light and root and it's cool enough they don't need to be fed every day and a can keep them really slow grow for weeks and when it's time to use bang there in and grow rapid in no time a do this with many strains a blue cheese a have is around 3 years old

I do agree with you and jimmi, that using t5 lights will keep the plants growing slow, so you can keep them small for many weeks,
but what I am trying to find out as well, is can I get a better yield, chopping them back and letting them grow again ?

So I think the reason, I got a large yield the last time I did this is,

The roots in the 14ltr pots was root bond, and so I have a very large root mass for the size of the plant
and the main stem was very thick and could give the plant, the support it needed and uptake nutes quicker.

C21H30O2
16-11-12, 01:13 AM
cool idea i just stary from seed each time lol

jimmi420
16-11-12, 02:03 PM
thanks jimmi420

some good advice about putting the plants under a t5, till they go in flower, but have 4 weeks, till I want to put this plant in flower,
so here goes, chopping the plant

hope you two stay, pull up a chair and watch the grow
thanks
You need a hang mans noose iff that was a real big bushy plant lol, all you need to do iff its too big to handle chop it in half, dont defoliate, im sure it will come good , just wont be ready in 4 weeks for flowering, were as iff yu chopped it in half or top 3rd iff some are picky and left leafs on it would been a bushy little tree ready to go.

gavin
16-11-12, 08:40 PM
You need a hang mans noose iff that was a real big bushy plant lol, all you need to do iff its too big to handle chop it in half, dont defoliate, im sure it will come good , just wont be ready in 4 weeks for flowering, were as iff yu chopped it in half or top 3rd iff some are picky and left leafs on it would been a bushy little tree ready to go.

The plant should be a good size in four weeks and root bound in the 11ltr pot

The plant will not grow much in the first 7 days, but after that, it should start growing.
but this is all guess work, if nobody else has done this,

just a bit of fun, no matter how it turns out,

thanks

gavin
18-11-12, 09:09 PM
The plant start to grow in less than three days after I chopped her, all the leaves are green and open, the plant is not showing any sign of stress :D
If she carry on growing like this, she will be ready in 3 weeks.

dazed-n-confuzed
19-11-12, 07:56 AM
good work gavin, keep it going mate

gavin
19-11-12, 11:40 AM
Thank dazed
Good to see somebody is watching my grow and
Hoping I will pull a good yeild

gavin
20-11-12, 09:08 PM
last time it was not luck :bigjoint:
In less than 2 week, after chopping I will have a plant that should give me 50% more yield
just look at these picture's

The canopy is even and will have seven main bud sites. and only 5 days after chopping

153543 153544

just think, what this plant will look like in a week.

jimmi420
20-11-12, 09:14 PM
Looking good gavin m8, growing back nice, not sure on the 50 percent more yield thing, it dont really work like that, its just how you train em and how much light and space that gives you more yield, maybe food in a small part.

gavin
20-11-12, 09:35 PM
hi jimmi
I was thinking about, dekay's holy grail 69 and the yield you get off a scog, which is a lot more than a plant with two main bud sites.(topped)
how much do you think this could increase my yield
thanks for the comments

jimmi420
20-11-12, 09:41 PM
Like you say depends how you train it , scrogging,hst,topping,lst loadsa ways , ive never scrogged gavin man , but lots on here get great results doing it, i just fanny around topping and hst, too much hard work scrogging, i tried and abandoned it b4 i even started, lets say lol, but i deffo wanna do one someday.

Icon
20-11-12, 10:03 PM
This is pretty much how every one should grow. You dont have to get all radical on the scrogging with this setup more a case of using a net to support the branches once they get the weight on.

I have explained this many times before because of the time scale you actually need to hold the plants back which is why i usually feed very little, if not just tap water.

The thing is with this site its full of very new growers which cant get their heads around the cyclical way of growing weed

Or they are consistently trying new strains which means you cant adopt this style but its the exact reason I recommend clones rather then mother plants, especially if using hydro

I know theres actually quite a lot of members that adopt this also but it always astounds me how long it takes for folks to grasp the idea. Personally I can get 6 grows a year in with little effort whereas many folks struggle to get 3 or 4

Just observations on my part not criticisms

ATB
Icon

Claymorrow
20-11-12, 10:10 PM
i agree icon, unfortunaly at my new place of residence i cant even get my dr60 in the loft :(

Growning from seed it a slow and painful nightmare

Good skills gavin Btw

Regards

MT

jimmi420
20-11-12, 10:28 PM
Yes totally icon m8, get the basic growing principles right first was the best advice i ever had, like you say you can bosh one in take a cutt b4 flowering and bang 4 or 5 grows per year without trying. That said i can see why people wanna try diff strains too.

gavin
20-11-12, 10:38 PM
hi icon
Using net to support your plants does sound like a good ideal and keeps the buds close to the light, which will increase yeild :)
if I understand what a scrog is, you need to put the branches in and out the holes till 80% of the net is filled and turn over to flower,
I would think, this can take 3 weeks+ (in the flower room) before you can turn over to flower

The bigger root mass (longer veg) and even canopy gives you the larger yield,

Icon
20-11-12, 10:59 PM
Yes exactly mate.
I usually just have a support netting and super crop my girls, I also use a small pot of soil in the NFT tray this way there is no stress time for bedding them into the system, so I pop them from veg room to flower room and flip straight away, this saves between 7 and 14 days over normal grows and like you say 3-4 weeks of scroggs. Scrogs are great if you are using seeds/clones for the first time but once you are up and running then its a long winded way of achieving the extra yield.

ATB
Icon

gavin
25-11-12, 01:18 AM
9 days ago I chopped this plant in the hope to get a stronger stocker plant with a large root mass and an even canopy with a few main bud sites.
the results are realy good, at this stage, just look at this plant, I could have 10 of these, diffent strains and all trained to yeild a lot of bud and all the same height and width.

and one of these plants trained like this, would yeild a lot under cfl,leds and t5 as you could pull the sides down and get the light in the center of the plant in flower.

I will be turning the plant over to 12/12 in the next 7-10 days
it worked out, to be six main bud sites and I want them to be about 8-10" high before I turn them over to flower as I will lst them a little more in the 29ltr pot

154748 154744
154747 154746 154745

gavin
28-11-12, 12:46 PM
This plant is growing realy well, it was not a good plant to start off , its a heathly plant and grown well but a strechey low yeilding phoneo (one I was going to throw away).
but a few days ago I started to see the potenchal of this plant, if I give a lot of thc, going in the room twice a day, removeing/cuting secleted fan leaves, more lst and may fim some of the ends to keep the shape and give me more nodes/bud sites, get this plant to yeild 6-10z's of dry bud :)

will be turning the plant over to flower (12/12) in 7 days
and this is how she's looking, with a lot of main bud site growing

gavin
30-11-12, 11:27 PM
She has been growing very fast and need to be watered, every 2-3 days with bio bizz fish food, ec at 1 and ph at 6.5 every water,
the room temp is between 24-27, lights on 24h

there is over 20 main bud sites and the canopy is even :dance2:

can't wait to turn her over to flower in 5 days

gavin
02-12-12, 02:15 AM
I have just re-potted the plant in a 32ltr pot, to give the roots some time to set in, before I turn her over to flower
and used bamboo and garden wire to train the plant, this will make it easy to pull parts of the plant down as I need to, so I can keep the canopy even
the plant is about 18" wide and only 6" high,

Claymorrow
02-12-12, 02:42 AM
Looking mighty ! Looking forward to seeing end result :)

Sent from a little place in the corner of England.

Friday
02-12-12, 02:55 AM
Looks good dude. Can't wait to see how it turns out - will be like a mini scrog hopefully without the screen if u can control all the stretch once flipped. Subbing up :)

Friday :D
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?85437-Friday-Scrog-s-AK47-Serious-Seeds-Grown-in-Coco-Autopot-Styliee-%26%23128523%3B

gavin
02-12-12, 11:49 PM
Looking mighty ! Looking forward to seeing end result :)

I will try my best to get a good result,
thanks mate and good to see winstun is back, helping you with your grow

Stimpy
02-12-12, 11:59 PM
Looking good there mate. will be waiting for next update.

:D

gavin
03-12-12, 12:30 AM
Looks good dude. Can't wait to see how it turns out - will be like a mini scrog hopefully without the screen if u can control all the stretch once flipped. Subbing up :)

Friday :D
https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/showthread.php?85437-Friday-Scrog-s-AK47-Serious-Seeds-Grown-in-Coco-Autopot-Styliee-%26%23128523%3B

hi friday
I was trying to train this plant, so it does not take much room in veg and grows like a scog in flower :)
but may still be adding a screen in early flower to give the plant support, but do it in a way that I can still move the plant without any problems

gavin
03-12-12, 12:33 AM
hi stimpy
will be doing the next update in a couple of days
thanks

CoCo MoNsTeR
03-12-12, 01:01 AM
spot on that mind, will be keeping an eye on this if ya dont mind pal!

gavin
03-12-12, 10:57 PM
hi bighol
grab a chair at the front pal

gavin
03-12-12, 11:39 PM
hi all
went down to homebase to day, to buy some bits to make the sceen and it looks good :)

I have taken some pic's, so you can see the sceen, but only did this to check it was going to work, and will be setting it back up in week 2-3 of flower

156896 156897

156898 156899

The mesh/screen is made for a bird cage, so it does not bend easy,
The 4 lenghs of bamboo that hold the sceen up, have got hooks on the top , the hooks goes under the screen but over the bamboo, I have tied fence wire round the bamboo and mesh to make it sure the hooks have very little movement, the bottom of the bamboo is held in place with the soil and side of the pot.

The screen is about 7" above the plants canopy, so if the plant grows 18" more in flower, the plant will have the support it need and buds will grow 10"-12" above the screen, I hope
thanks

gavin
09-12-12, 01:00 AM
4 days in flower (12/12) and the plant looking amazing

A close up, so you can see small part of the plant and some of the top nodes

a side view of the plant, and give you a good ideal of how even the canopy is

there must be more than 60 nodes 3"-4" high :)

the last images are to show you a top view of the plant

157949 157951

double clicking the image to change the image size is not working

I have got other updates and will update them when the errors are sorted
or may try uploading to galley and copying to the post in a couple of days if still not working
thanks

gavin
09-12-12, 01:14 AM
sorry about this, more errors
but clicking on the words (attchment) does work for now

stephen07
09-12-12, 01:16 AM
She's looking great :)

gavin
09-12-12, 01:17 AM
thanks and good luck with your grow

stephen07
09-12-12, 01:18 AM
Cheers flipping them on Friday , wish I knew how to do the shit your doing :)

gavin
09-12-12, 01:34 AM
I enjoy growing plants more, than smoking the bud at the end
and its taken me years, to work it out, how to control the way the plant grows, to max the yeild
its not easy, but if you need any advice, I will do my best to help you

Hillbilly
09-12-12, 01:40 AM
When I click on them they work. ??? I never done Attachments I down load to the THC site.

gavin
09-12-12, 01:42 AM
yeh its odd, never had any problems with this before :confused:

stephen07
09-12-12, 01:47 AM
Thanks mine are only just under a foot tall but quite bushy , I don't want 3 monsters for my first grow just wanna learn as I go along . The 2 " little cuttings are now fatter than they are high :) thanks ill sort out some Epsom salts :)

gavin
09-12-12, 09:21 PM
trying the update again

4 days in flower (12/12) and the plant looking amazing

there must be more than 60 nodes 3"-4" high :)

A close up, so you can see small part of the plant and some of the top nodes

a side view of the plant, and give you a good ideal of how even the canopy is

the last images are to show you a top view of the plant

jimmi420
09-12-12, 09:22 PM
Buzzing gav man, good job m8.

gavin
10-12-12, 11:16 AM
thanks jimmi

I don't think the plant will keep growing like this, as the strongest nodes will strech and leave 40-60% of the smaller nodes behind and I will need to cut all of them off (suckers) in the next 7-10 days
but I will still have a good 20-30 main heads :) and the canopy will not be to dence,

but I will see in the next week and keep doing the updates
good to know you watching my grow m8

thanks

paulwrx
11-12-12, 02:23 AM
love it hope you dont mind me spying in :P

gavin
11-12-12, 07:26 PM
no its all good ;), grab a chair and watch the grow
comments welcome

Claymorrow
12-12-12, 12:21 AM
Looking awesome mate..... Real interesting .... :) Happy Growing

gavin
13-12-12, 12:25 AM
thanks m8

all ways trying new ways of trainning my plants and seeing how far I can push them
I am trainning a little plant in veg (3 weeks old), she is only 6" tall, so I fim her, taken her back to 5" and defolition the top part of the plant 3 days ago and cut couple of leaves in half, half way up the plant,
in the hope I can train a plant to have lots of nodes at the same height in veg, after lst her.

also got a couple of clones on the go, there hard to root and the temps are low (20-24c) so, time will tell
and will add them to the pot nodle challange, if they root :bigjoint:

I looked at your diary a few times but don't know enough, about nutes for your reservoir to make any coments,
your plants are looking realy good and the plant with yellow leaves could be down to phoneo and not anythink your doing ;)

gavin
13-12-12, 08:35 PM
8 days in flower and they are realy bushing out,

just can't wait to see the bud start to grow on this plant https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-forum/images/smilies/joint.gif

stephen07
13-12-12, 09:10 PM
Looking great gav , got my bamboo . A friend see me in wickes and said surely your not planting a tree this time of year :) , no it's for the kids some shit at school .

gavin
13-12-12, 09:18 PM
lol, yeh its a pain when people ask what your doing

gavin
17-12-12, 12:22 AM
hi guys
The plant is still stretching loads, and now the plant is 14" high,
11 days into flower, the plants still got a 7-10 days left before she stops growing
anyway some pic's

jimmi420
17-12-12, 02:30 PM
It looks very sativa`ish those do gavin man, what is it and how long you been having them on 12/12 ?

gavin
17-12-12, 06:28 PM
hi jimmi
I find tranning sativa dominant plants, very hard to grow
just look at this sativa dominant plant, I am trying to grow only 6 weeks in veg and I can't buy a pot for the root mass, tryed asking for a 100ltr pot in grow shop and they said no mate :wtf:got 20ltr pots
so had to use a 80ltr pot, will pull the yeild but keep getting root bound,

159782 159783

and i have to buy a lot of soil, may try homebase if you know any good soil

the chopped plant a small super silver haze
a cutting from the first soil grow
thanks

and the blue pot is 80ltr

gavin
17-12-12, 06:44 PM
The chopped plant has been in flower (12/12) for 11 days

jimmi420
18-12-12, 03:43 PM
They aint root bound m8, and 80litre pots are more than big enough, in fact 20 litre pots are big enough for any indoor grow and you wont get root bound plants unless you vegging for like 6 months. but all is looking good gavin man , nice.

DaveyJones
18-12-12, 04:36 PM
Get the biggest airpot you can find mate and you won't have to worry about them getting rootbound, 80L is pretty overkill unless you veg for ages like jimmi said :)

gavin
18-12-12, 05:20 PM
They aint root bound m8, and 80litre pots are more than big enough, in fact 20 litre pots are big enough for any indoor grow and you wont get root bound plants unless you vegging for like 6 months. but all is looking good gavin man , nice.

may be your right jimmi
In the past, two of plants with a good root mass, looking like the plant I have just re poted but in a smaller pot 34ltr,
re poted one in a 50ltr pot and left the other one, the plant in the small pot, had a lot of yellow leaves and looked more unheathy,
the plant in the 50ltr pot, had green leaves most the way throw the flower stage and the yeild was a lot more

and both plants had a thick root mass at the end,

I find sativa dominant plants have thinner stems and easyer to snap/break
you need a lot more support as the buds can snap/break the stems near the end of flower

the plants need more light and the buds are fluffy
the plant growers realy fast so its hard to contral how they grow and I run out of hight in flower

or is this diffent with some sativa strains ?

thanks for your help jimmi

jimmi420
18-12-12, 05:29 PM
Yellow leaves maybe a sign of over feeding l8 in bloom , im growing jack herer which is sativa dominant and it grows pretty well but yes needs support for buds, the silver haze is pure sativa or nearly like 80 to 90% sativa dom, i think . Here`s jack herer i growing now, i supercropped it to-day.

gavin
18-12-12, 05:30 PM
Get the biggest airpot you can find mate and you won't have to worry about them getting rootbound, 80L is pretty overkill unless you veg for ages like jimmi said :)

hi degenerate
air pots, do sound good but I grow in soil and if I get gnats, I am in some real trouble with air pots

if I use basic pots with lots of clay pebbles and top of the soil and round the bottom of the pot they don't last long ;)

gavin
18-12-12, 06:11 PM
Yellow leaves maybe a sign of over feeding l8 in bloom , im growing jack herer which is sativa dominant and it grows pretty well but yes needs support for buds, the silver haze is pure sativa or nearly like 80 to 90% sativa dom, i think . Here`s jack herer i growing now, i supercropped it to-day.

looks realy good,
and just what I need to do with my plant

yeh the super silver haze is sativa dominant but grows very diffent to the other sativa dominant plant I have
the super silver haze has a thicker stem and the buds is thick and dank, some of the fan leaves are 5"-6" across

MrLearner
18-12-12, 06:24 PM

can u explain what you have done to super crop? do you just bend on the branches? never tried it before but i like to experiement lol

sorry for hijacking but i have been following this thread, interesting work :)

gavin
18-12-12, 06:28 PM
can u explain what you have done to super crop? do you just bend on the branches? never tried it before but i like to experiement lol

sorry for hijacking but i have been following this thread, interesting work :)

you beat me to it, I was going to ask jimmi how super crop

I think you rub the stem between your fingers, till the stems warms up and gets soft then the branch will bend and not snap but never done it

MrLearner
18-12-12, 06:35 PM
you beat me to it, I was going to ask jimmi how super crop

I think you rub the stem between your fingers, till the stems warms up and gets soft then the branch will bend and not snap but never done it

what ive been doing is squeezing till i hear a little crunch, this makes it easy to bend. just looks like jimmi has done it to every branch? i only ever done that to stop parts of the plant getting too tall

jimmi420
18-12-12, 06:39 PM
Yes i just squeeze as hard as you can until yu crush the stem then bend , i used long nose pliers on this one cus stem was very thick.

gavin
18-12-12, 06:41 PM
thanks mr lover
will be trying that later
as for jimmi plant super cropping evey branch will result in a very large bushy canopy,
looks like a very good way of tranning your plants to get a good yeild

ado
18-12-12, 06:44 PM
lots of very useful info in his friends, cheers lads, any other beginner like me should be taking notes from this

stephen07
18-12-12, 07:27 PM
I am , thought Gavin did some pretty cool things with plants . That's amazing jimmy I'd be scared of hurting her :)

gavin
18-12-12, 08:13 PM
hi jimmi
just super crop my plant, and this is how its turnd out

160001 160002

160003 160004

will do some updates in a couple of days, to let you how it turned out

jimmi420
18-12-12, 09:07 PM
Cool looks ok, plant looks a bit stressed out though m8, id just leave it alone now to recover, is it a bit cold in the room , purpling stems etc or it may be all the transplanting you done, it will get better with time, but i dont like putting streesed plants to flower, also supercroppoing is done in veg so i dont really bend em in bloom unless i stuck for height or im trying to keep the canopy even, but less stress in bloom is a better end result imo. Oh and iff yu ever snap a branch for any reason whjen doing it , just leave it bent andf put a bit of tape around it, it will recover so long as tops are green your cool.

gavin
18-12-12, 09:33 PM
I was defoliation the top of the plant, to stop it growing and it has stressed the plant out, I have still got 3 weeks, before I will be turing this plant over to flower,
so it will have time to recover,
when I was moving the chopped plant, I snaped a branch off the plant at the back of the flower room , used some tape and string, all repaired now
but thanks for the help

gavin
21-12-12, 10:27 PM
hi all,
chopped plant's 15 days in flower,

I have done some defoliation on the plant and put the screen on, so it looks like a scrog, the nodes are spaced out, as even as I can and the canopy is level :)

after I put the screen on, I removed all the bamboo

a front view of the plant, with the screen on

close up of the plant,

stephen07
21-12-12, 11:17 PM
More great stuff Gavin :)

gavin
28-12-12, 10:53 PM
hi guys
22 days into flower and there's loads of good bud sits

jimmi420
28-12-12, 11:35 PM
Buzzing gavin man , nice job. ding dong, good stuff, cheers m8 :guitar:

gavin
28-12-12, 11:55 PM
hi jimmi

this is how the supercropped plant is looking
and going in flower in next week :joint:

161668 161669

Thank's for your help

stephen07
28-12-12, 11:57 PM
Great stuff :)

gavin
08-01-13, 08:37 PM
hi guys
32 days 12/12,

watering the plants every 2 days, ec 1.5 and ph 6.5, (bio bizz grow and bloom)

gavin
16-01-13, 10:30 AM
39 days in flower, 12/12

jimmi420
16-01-13, 07:12 PM
Buzzing m8, look fandabbydosey man.

Claymorrow
17-01-13, 12:18 AM
Top job gav :D

gavin
17-01-13, 01:05 AM
thank markettown,
the results are looking good, just think I could of had 4 of these under a 600w hps :)
and you just got my thanks up to 500 :)

kewlbeanz
17-01-13, 01:29 AM
Mate is your mouth not watering every time you go in there?! Top garden Gav, looks great!

gavin
24-01-13, 12:14 AM
hi all
The room is a little cold at night 14c and gets upto about 25c lights on, and the humidty is 30-40
the plants drinking about 3-4 ltrs every two days now, fish mix and bloom, ec 1.3-1.4 and the ph is round 6.5 on each water, added epson salt once a week.
46 days 12/12 here's some pic's

stephen07
24-01-13, 07:35 AM
Lovely looking plant and she is hungry having to feed her every other day :)

gavin
24-01-13, 11:28 PM
yeh, there using a lot of nutes :)

Claymorrow
25-01-13, 12:30 AM
hi all
The room is a little cold at night 14c and gets upto about 25c lights on, and the humidty is 30-40
the plants drinking about 3-4 ltrs every two days now, fish mix and bloom, ec 1.3-1.4 and the ph is round 6.5 on each water, added epson salt once a week.
46 days 12/12 here's some pic's

looking top draw mate :pimped:

gavin
09-02-13, 11:59 PM
bit late for an update, but this is how the plant looking a few days before the chop
and the results are looking good :joint::joint::joint:

wil put some pic's on here when I chop the plant and the dry weight 4-5 days later

stephen07
10-02-13, 12:03 AM
Loads of nice big dense bud their mate . ;) dank as f:)k

gavin
11-02-13, 12:30 AM
all good fun today chopping the plant, so much bud for a small plant :weed:

the first 6 top buds I cut off :)

all the top buds cut from just under the screen

just removed the screen and loads more bud to trim and dry :bigjoint:

gavin
11-02-13, 12:39 AM
cut a large part of the plant so you can see how much bud is left

and the other part of the plant

just a close up of buds

all the bud so you can see what i got off a 2ft x 2ft plant and only 2ft high and the wet weight is 904g :dance2:

kewlbeanz
11-02-13, 01:54 AM
Nice one Gav, nearly need a machete to get through that jungle!

stephen07
11-02-13, 07:30 AM
Happy days :) them buds sure do look nice :)

gavin
16-02-13, 12:27 AM
It tuned out realy good some of the buds weighing 8g's dry and the total weight was 219g's just under 8oz's :joint:
here a couple of pic's

its a 52cm tray full of bud :)

stephen07
16-02-13, 09:24 AM
Hope my 3 plants get some were near to this haul . Top stuff Gavin , u always seem to be harvesting :) thanks for the info on drying out , ill read it again I was really stonned and drunk last night .

gavin
16-02-13, 11:35 PM
Hope my 3 plants get some were near to this haul . Top stuff Gavin , u always seem to be harvesting :) thanks for the info on drying out , ill read it again I was really stonned and drunk last night .

sounds like a good night, I remember a few years a go when I first started growing, use to mix tobacco and weed but now I smoke them pure and its a lot better, but you do get through a lot of weed like this,
always gives me lots of ideals how I am going to change my room or how I am going to grow the plants different and get a bigger yield

not one for drinking or smoking tobacco just makes me feel crap but my weed is smooth and mellow high, the weed has to be really strong for me to feel the knock out stone and fall a sleep
bit of a chain smoker but If its there I going to smoke it :)

stephen07
17-02-13, 12:56 AM
Looks like u always have plenty :)

jimmi420
17-02-13, 03:43 PM
Good job gavin m8.

Claymorrow
21-02-13, 10:58 PM
Nice one gav :)

jhon konners
28-03-13, 11:18 PM
Been a emotional read. Top grow mate

sent from under a rock tapatalk

stephen07
28-03-13, 11:22 PM
Forgot about this 1 , nice 1 Gavin :) half a jar down now , looks like ill be up and running again soon :)

gavin
28-03-13, 11:37 PM
can't wait, will be good fun

stephen07
28-03-13, 11:41 PM
Yes , great fun up until harvest , then its a nightmare :( been looking at times and would like to get these on 12/12 by July . It gets hot in the garage in the summer :(

CocoMonkey
28-03-13, 11:43 PM
nice grow gavin, like how you hacked away to near bare stem then stuck that screen thing on, where was the stretch lol there wasnt any, you proper tamed that bitch!

gavin
28-03-13, 11:52 PM
stephen07
can't you put some kingspan up and pull the cool air from the garden or house using vent/airblock in the wall or make a box over the window.
only way of getting cool air in the tent and keeping the hot air out, no point doing a grow if your temps go to high, just end up with a low yeild of crap weak buds

stephen07
29-03-13, 12:00 AM
I extract into the garden , so pull air in from the garage . I think my heater cost me more to run over the winter :) than the light :)

gavin
29-03-13, 12:13 AM
yeh the heater will cost a lot more than the light

its good you extract the hot air in the garden :)
should help a lot

Gness
29-03-13, 12:27 AM
It tuned out realy good some of the buds weighing 8g's dry and the total weight was 219g's just under 8oz's :joint:
here a couple of pic's

its a 52cm tray full of bud :)

Nice m8 keep ya going a while

gavin
29-03-13, 12:35 AM
yeh lots of strong dank super silver haze bud to smoke :joint:

murdoch64
01-04-13, 10:05 PM
Hi,
pardon the pun. I am totally new to growing. So, just scouting around for info until I start my first attempt. I'm looking at this toppin malarkey like pollarding a tree. Basically stopping it growing through the roof. Your not changing anything about the plant and once set free will produce the same as the former and so add infinitum. I need a mentor also have you any recommendation's. The grow will be 1m x 2m with eight plants in soil. Do I stay here for help or go somewhere else in the forum.
Tooda Roo

gavin
01-04-13, 10:51 PM
welcome to thctalk murdoch64

not sure about you getting a mentor at this stage but after you have 50 posts you will stand a better chance
but could start a new grow diary and I am sure lots of growers will give you advice and help

click on forum tab and the look down the list to grow diary and click the link and click the top link thats says post new thread
and tell use about your grow/setup and put some pic's up
and keep looking at all the novice forums and all the grow diarys you can, as the more you learn the more bud you will grow :)

stephen07
02-04-13, 12:08 PM
Looks like u will be busy soon mate :) a lot of people wanting your help ;)

gavin
02-04-13, 11:00 PM
helping people grow weed is the only reason I joined this site
helping somebody like you, pull a big yeild ,brings a big smile to my face when I see loads of dank bud on your plants :)