PDA

View Full Version : Please answer this best as you can!

Fieldy
19-11-12, 08:51 PM
Really really thinking about trying a SCROG grow, iv got 4 grows under my belt, but iv only grew in coco, basic stuff, handing feeding every second day as you all may know and only got like 2oz per plant. After seeing DST's SCROG I really want to attempt one but I have a few questions!

First of all, I understand how to make my own screen, when I put the screen into the groom and the plants grows a few inch over the screen, what does this training mean exactly? Bending the branch back under the screen so the light can hit ALL of the plant? Am I right there?

Once the screens in, how do I feed as I wouldn't be able to hand feed cos of the screen in the way, would I have to go hydro?

I don't have a cool tube shade, would I have to have one as the shade needs to be as close as possible?

I really want to give it a go but I don't really understand how a screen over the plants can have so much affect on the yield? Iv tried explaining the questions as good as I can, sorry if these questions have been asked before! Cheers chaps :)

Sent using an 'Apple' via tapatalk! ;)

2high
21-11-12, 01:59 AM
alright mate, thought this would have an answer by now, even a shitty one...so here i am :)

i have a 4 plant scrog in my loft, i grow in soil and each plant has its own screen about 55cm X 50cm made from http://www.diy.com/nav/garden/fencing-paving-decking/fencing/screening-wire-fencing/mesh/Climb-Plt-Mesh-5-x-0-5m-11987885?skuId=12498591 bamboo and cable ties, i'll try to find a pic if you want..

i water 'em with a watering can that has a long spout to reach under the screen..

i've done 1 scrog, so i'm no expert, i let them grow through the screen a few inches then pulled them back under to the next hole, when the screen was about (what i thought) 70% full i flipped them...

because each pot has its own screen i can take them from the loft to the bath for a flush so no hydro needed...

i set my loft grow up in the spring so i got an air cooled recflector because its the loft :) now want a http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vertizontal-Reflector-/160602191213?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PlantsSeedsBu lbs_JN&hash=item2564a2f56d for winter to keep temps up and give me better light spread...

i got 16oz off the 4 plants :harvest: well happy

hope i've helped buddy :)

Fieldy
01-12-12, 05:31 PM
It's really that simple?

Grandad
01-12-12, 09:16 PM
indeed it is :) and fun....and rewarding(i'm getting 20 ounce per plant with a screen)

Fieldy
01-12-12, 09:20 PM
indeed it is :) and fun....and rewarding(i'm getting 20 ounce per plant with a screen)

No waaaaay, serious?

Grandad
01-12-12, 09:23 PM
yea though thats 1 meter square screen(or 2 in my case :) )

its hard to get it all in the pic but you get the drift :shocked:
https://www.thctalk.com/gallery/data/3043/medium/P1060583_640x480_.jpg

DaveyJones
01-12-12, 09:27 PM
Don't get a cooltube, get a parabolic instead mate

oldschool
01-12-12, 09:29 PM
Check out grandads latest diary and all should become clear.

Fieldy
01-12-12, 09:42 PM
Really want to try a SCROG next, just don't really get this topping and training lark lol

rinkydink
09-12-12, 02:09 PM
Im same am dyim to do scrog i already fim and train my plants so i guess am half way there

Sent from my GT-P5110 using Tapatalk 2

Fieldy
09-12-12, 02:12 PM
I'm planning on doing 1 next, but all this training stuff baffles me ?

up2nogood
09-12-12, 02:24 PM
it's not really hard to do a scrog..as the plant grows and reaches the scrog just pull down the branches/etc under the scrog and keep doing that when it's about 70% full because when you go 12/12 you will have a surge of new sprouting and then that's the time to really get them under the scrog..Then just water/feed them with a long nosed watering can as said.