PDA

View Full Version : Final coco flush

chrisev84
10-01-13, 12:45 PM
Just like to run a few things by you all, read in a few posts that when runoff e.c is same as what goes in the flush is good enough. And lastly I saw that breaking a leaf off and tasting it is a indicator, if its bitter it still needs flushing, the aim is for the break to taste clean! Any thoughts?

Jonnygrow
10-01-13, 12:49 PM
wat i do is flush them till most of the the main leaves go yellow and fall off then in my opinion thats when there done but thats in my hydros so im not sure about coco

one love

chrisev84
10-01-13, 01:16 PM
I suppose in the grand scheme of things it's down to try 1 method and see if your happy with the smoke. It's just a massive debate from people who never flush to people doing 2 week flushes, and everything in between.

Jonnygrow
10-01-13, 01:18 PM
thats right mate if the shoe fits then wear it

one love

chrisev84
10-01-13, 02:34 PM
Trichomes have JUST started to amber up so hope they don't progress too far when the flush is completed.

Bmx Bandit
11-01-13, 11:16 AM
Just like to run a few things by you all, read in a few posts that when runoff e.c is same as what goes in the flush is good enough. And lastly I saw that breaking a leaf off and tasting it is a indicator, if its bitter it still needs flushing, the aim is for the break to taste clean! Any thoughts?

I've never heard that one. Sound's like urban legend to me.
Coco needs less flushing than soil, but more than pure hydro.
Flushing for about 1 week in coco should suffice.
When the leaves start showing signs of deficency, like jonnygrow's, this is the best indicator.
I used to think they were a bit gimmiky, but after trying it, i'd recommend a product like General Hydroponics Flora Kleen.
I use this at 3ml/l, to flush, 7 days from harvest.

chrisev84
11-01-13, 01:18 PM
Yeah I seen a few different products for flushing, gonna keep this grow basic and try other methods next time to compare. Been thinking about the 24h of dark before the chop, any experience of trying it?

Bmx Bandit
11-01-13, 02:14 PM
Yeah I seen a few different products for flushing, gonna keep this grow basic and try other methods next time to compare. Been thinking about the 24h of dark before the chop, any experience of trying it?

My experience is that this definately helps.

I flush with 3x volume of water to the medium. Then I irrigate with sugar water (1 tbs per gallon) as normal until 3 days left till harvest, then i stop watering all together.

At this stage i chop off the leaves which don't have any resin and leave it in toatal darkness for 24-36 hours. IME, feel this has definately increased the amount of resin and potency. :weed:

At the very least light degredates THC, so being in the dark for a period before harvesting should help increase the THC content. If growing outdoors always harvest in the morning, if possible. :)