PDA

View Full Version : Breeding for shape as well as strength

Budwhite
21-02-13, 10:20 PM
Hi, I'm first attempt breeder trying to produce viable seed ,crossing regular Cronic with possibly Skunk1.I am looking for upright girls with one large cola,without too much branching.The structure is important as I am looking for a sea of green grow.The consistancy of Cronic will be invigirated I hope by crossing with Skunk1.so my question is which male to which female would produce the best results,or doesn't it matter or is there any other cross,s with Cronic that might give me a similar results.Thanks

Dr.GreenThumb420
03-03-13, 02:52 PM
Hi, I'm first attempt breeder trying to produce viable seed ,crossing regular Cronic with possibly Skunk1.I am looking for upright girls with one large cola,without too much branching.The structure is important as I am looking for a sea of green grow.The consistancy of Cronic will be invigirated I hope by crossing with Skunk1.so my question is which male to which female would produce the best results,or doesn't it matter or is there any other cross,s with Cronic that might give me a similar results.Thanks

People may say otherwise...but it doesnt matter as both will carry its set of genes specific for that strain... id look at flower times and what works best for timing the seeds. Not sure on the chronic, but Skunk #1 is 7-10 weeks, earlier being more favorable

Mr.UnclePen
03-03-13, 06:51 PM
I have read that males pass on more genetic traits than the female...not true? Debatable?

I'll let you know what results I get as i'm growing out 10 or so Sass beans now. Sour Diesel mother x Asshole father. The first pheno I grew out seemed to be about 60/40 indica which would say that it did in fact take more of the fathers traits. These stats could however change.

Dr.GreenThumb420
03-03-13, 06:58 PM
I have read that males pass on more genetic traits than the female...not true? Debatable?

I'll let you know what results I get as i'm growing out 10 or so Sass beans now. Sour Diesel mother x Asshole father. The first pheno I grew out seemed to be about 60/40 indica which would say that it did in fact take more of the fathers traits. These stats could however change.

well going off basic botany, it dosnt really matter as both parents will carry the genes for their strain...also, unless you're using IBLs to cross, you may get attributes in the offspring that neither parents had shown.