PDA

View Full Version : leaves for oil?

Duke1
24-02-13, 10:12 PM
hello i have a question for anyone who has experience making oil,i need to make some oil to treat my partner,who has great pain caused by spinal stenosis and severe osteo.although i am growing its going to be months before my little grobe is ready for first harvest.i have managed to talk a friend into the leaves and trim from aprox 50 largish plants can i make a usefull medicinal oil using only leaves?i think the strain is called blue rhino from positronics.no fan leaves mostly subtending leaves and immature popcorn bits.also being as the source was a cash cropper(see they do have some use!)i know he uses many additives and boosters,i have tried to educate the guy but hes a dick,he says that this time he flushed for 2 weeks prior to cutting.would making oil remove any shit left in the leaves?i was planning to use isopropyl alcohol and a slow cooker that has high and low settings and can be used in the open air.it has no incandesant bits.i cant stand to see the missus in so much pain any more,got to do something,cant make my girls grow any faster!cannabis really does help her,but we really cant afford to buy it from the cashcroppers at 280 quid for an oz.so any advice would help,thanks in advance for any input.ps the bloke in question does not smoke,so never worries what bugbombs and the like he uses could this be dangerous to my missus as the last thing i want to do is make her worse!

VMAX
25-02-13, 03:22 PM
Sounds like youve had a touch getting all that trim, id be more than happy too use the trim and pop corn from blue rhino for oil.
Dont worry what he used to grow the plants, you dont need them, just the Trichomes that are on them.
When you use isopropyl alcohol be carefull not to leave the plant matter in it to long or this will strip the crap out of the leaves as well.
Dunno about the slow cooker though mate, be all good as long as it gets hot enough. With acetone it starts boiling off at about 68c.

platinum_rouge
25-02-13, 03:35 PM
Have a look at my NYCD full shatter guide in my sig, It's very clean and potent. It shouldnt pick up any nasties out of the leaves either. Hope it helps mate it can't be fun for your Mrs

Duke1
25-02-13, 04:48 PM
that looks amazing,i will have to wait and do this when my own grow has finished,look forward to it!think the trim im getting will be for learning first i make iso oil and if that proves succesfull i will try your method for my own grow,2xafghan1xkush 2x wwxbb 1xgiant mutant automazar,which is trying to take over my gr! there all girls and have had no chemicals sprayed on them!thank you very much.

platinum_rouge
25-02-13, 05:49 PM
that looks amazing,i will have to wait and do this when my own grow has finished,look forward to it!think the trim im getting will be for learning first i make iso oil and if that proves succesfull i will try your method for my own grow,2xafghan1xkush 2x wwxbb 1xgiant mutant automazar,which is trying to take over my gr! there all girls and have had no chemicals sprayed on them!thank you very much.

Good luck with the grow :) If your going to do a ISO run make sure your leaves and ISO are frozen for at least 24 hours first, and never leave the leaves in the ISO more than 15 seconds it's called a quick wash ISO or QWISO. You get a much better cleaner less green product. There are some good guides on here and on youtube, watch a few before you try. Is your Mrs going to smoke it or eat it? If she is going to eat it you will need to de-carb it first to activate the most of the thc. There's lots of good info about have a read, if you get stuck PM me.

Duke1
25-02-13, 06:24 PM
thanks we need more of this knowledge to be spread , really do value all the advice,so does my wife.cant wait to make some medicine that actualy works without the nausea,and other various side effects,i have seen how much difference cannabis has made just using bud and a vape,hoping that the oil will also fix her skin cancer before the next one has to be surgeried.still cant get my head around the stupidity of having to make your own meds if you want it to work!i am and have always from age 15 been a pothead,but to cure cancer?man i never would have beleived i could do that!if a stupid pothead like me can fucking do it why cant our so called medical proffesion?money ? surely they must have concionses,there doctors after all.sorry went of on one a bit there.

Duke1
24-04-13, 06:40 PM
hi just thought that i should update this thread as when i started this some time ago i got very little info on the use of leaves and trim as opposed to buds,we had roughly 1lb of trim from this we picked out the manky stuff(about a quarter of the bag!)this was blue rhino trim that was cut at 6 weeks flowering by cashcropper who can only just manage to keep them alive that long!we dried it in low oven at 100degs for about 30 mins,then bagged and in to freezer overnight with the isopropyl alchohol,we managed 5-6 grams from this which made superb medicine,so yes it can be done but you dont get very much,but if like me your desperate and you have a friend who grows,they may be glad to get rid of the trim and help you as well.i hate to think how much goes onto bonfires,its just such a waste,wish we could collect it like recycling pot,how cool would that be!anyone needing help to make the oil for medicine pm me and i will be more than pleased to help in any way i can.

Duke1
21-06-13, 08:25 PM
well the time has come,i can no longer cope with my own arthritis,i have used pot for years for the pain having had it since birth,up to now that had allways been enough.i just smoked it for years but since i have to make oil for treating my missus and it seems to have done wonders for her mobility while taking it oraly im going to start doing the same.i have been to the docs before and just got pain killers,they make me feel shit and sick so cant do that.so from tomorow i going to try the oil and will see how i get on,peace to all.

Cuda
21-06-13, 08:36 PM
well the time has come,i can no longer cope with my own arthritis,i have used pot for years for the pain having had it since birth,up to now that had allways been enough.i just smoked it for years but since i have to make oil for treating my missus and it seems to have done wonders for her mobility while taking it oraly im going to start doing the same.i have been to the docs before and just got pain killers,they make me feel shit and sick so cant do that.so from tomorow i going to try the oil and will see how i get on,peace to all.

Should help loads mate. Good luck and keep us updated.

© DS

WanderinBloke
21-06-13, 08:56 PM

Mate youve seen me bang on about how effective the oil is for my Mrs' RA. I'm sure youll benefit from it. Plus youll no longer be sticking shitty chems into your body :)

Duke1
21-06-13, 09:17 PM
funny enough it was after reading one of your posts that i decided i would try it,after seeing the difference with tina i might as well,i have to be honest and admit that im a big chicken when it comes to doctors and the last time tina tricked me to get me there,well im wise to that trick now,so im treating myself,at least i no whats in it!
Mate youve seen me bang on about how effective the oil is for my Mrs' RA. I'm sure youll benefit from it. Plus youll no longer be sticking shitty chems into your body :)