PDA

View Full Version : Question: Using flowers to make BHO...

Mr.UnclePen
18-03-13, 08:11 PM
What (for those who have done it) do you suggest I do with the buds? My friend suggested that the first run I should just pack nuggets in there, and for the second run I should grind them up...

I'm thinking of grinding them up for the first run... Or maybe doing whole buds mixed with ground bud.

I assume that if I ground everything up for the first run I would obviously get a stronger first product while the second run will be of lesser potency. If I used whole buds for the first round would the potency sort of equal out for both runs?

Thanks.

platinum_rouge
19-03-13, 01:15 PM
I break the bud up quite small on the first run then grind it for the second. I'm sure you would be fine running just ground material, just run the solution through a coffee filter before evaporating to get any spend trich cases and small bits out.

Mr.UnclePen
21-03-13, 04:29 PM
It turned out pretty well, thanks.

The first run I just crumbled up the buds with my hands, and the second I used a bud grinder. The first run turned a beautiful light color, the second run was darker and, in my opinion has a little more taste than the first but that could be for many various reasons. I like to smoke the oil as I would pure melt bubble, in a pipe with a screen. I just prefer the taste and hit.

kewlbeanz
21-03-13, 04:55 PM
Crumble and grind; you're looking to get the biggest surface area possible.
Glad it turned out well in any case!