Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex's Extract Tek

Thanks

Default part 3

Part 3

I will now transfer the concentrate to a titanium purging dish. I find it works great for making budder. Transfer must take place after a shatter consistency has been achieved. When the concentrate is in the dish, it can be scary to try and get the right temperature and rotation of whipping/heating to get some fire budder.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reheatafterpurge.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	207325

Keep trying. Dont give up, and again, I say this a lot, but... EXPERIMENT! Anybody is capable of making amazing oil, it just takes the right equipment and some skills. I find that the larger the amount, the harder it is to make good consistant budder throughout.

Name:	happyfaceinsap.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	207323

Name:	secondpurge.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	207326

On the third purge,(the next one) I turned the heat up, and its time for a short blast of hot heat to try and dry this out. Oh yes, whipping as well. Always paying attention to the glossyness of the oil. We know its budder time when it becomes matte instead of glossy..

Name:	kickuptheheat.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	207324

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to alexsm For This Useful Post:

Dal (20-08-13), Goodbuddy (12-08-13), MacFeegle (29-01-15), Mr.UnclePen (09-07-13)

Thanks

Default Part 4

Part 4

Woo hoo, almost there! Its smiling back at me Love the potency of this stuff. Two dabs and I'm ready for my day.

I am on my final heat cycle right now. I must say that I prefer sap/shatter to dry wax/budder. Easier to handle, and I find that the taste is completely different. During your purging process, never leave your oil unattended. It could overheat and fry all your cannabinoids..... Not cool and what a waste! Be careful and treat it like gold. One wrong step and a whole batch of concentrate can go bad. Never happened to me, but I have seen people overheat during purges and end up with a flaky crap crap waste stuff that tastes burned and is very weak in potency. Keep your concentrate in a airtight container and dont leave it in the sun or out in the heat.

Name:	caramel1.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	207338

Once you reach a caramel type viscosity and colour, you are very very close. Now is when the magic happens. Heat that sucker right up until you are void of any BIG bubbles. The smaller bubbles are terpenes and flavinoids and cannabinoids which you DO NOT want to lose. It should be VERY gummy at this stage, and almost a golden amber color when it ribbons out. Dont mistake this stage for budder. Its still very sappy/caramel like and will not dab like budder does.

Name:	caramel2.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	207339

Name:	caramel3.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	67.3 KB 
ID:	207340

Name:	gettingbudderpurge3.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	72.3 KB 
ID:	207347

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to alexsm For This Useful Post:

Dal (20-08-13), Goodbuddy (12-08-13), MacFeegle (29-01-15), mandarina (01-11-14), RastaMouse22 (12-08-13)

Thanks

Default Final part 5

FINAL STEP

So keep heating that oil, no whipping at this stage, and it will eventually(quickly) change to an opaque kind of doughy stuff... I cant really relate it to anything except cookie dough. Hey.... Its the cookie dough budder
    Keep a close eye and as soon as this happens...Presto! Budder, take it off the heat. I know its done when the top of the concentrate turns almost.....well its matte instead of shiny. Then i dig my dabber in, and yep... its ready!

Name:	Budder1.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	33.1 KB 
ID:	207352

Name:	Budder2.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	207353

Name:	budder3.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	42.9 KB 
ID:	207354

Name:	budder4.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	37.5 KB 
ID:	207355

Name:	budder5.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	207357

Time to take a dab and test this stuff out Made from RudabubbaXPurple Kush.
    I am going to do one more post comparing my two consistencies. Shatter vs Budder.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to alexsm For This Useful Post:

Dal (20-08-13), Goodbuddy (12-08-13), LBN (12-08-13), MacFeegle (29-01-15)

Cuda Guest

How do you get it to stay runny

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Scrogger View Post
    How do you get it to stay runny

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2
    Runny means that there is butane still in the oil, when it is hard at room temperature, that's a good thing. Now in the summer I notice that shatter can be a bit runny, well not runny but soft enough to pull like taffy or dab with. But you don't want your finished product to be runny.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk 2
    "The farther one travels the less one knows"

9. The Following User Says Thank You to alexsm For This Useful Post:

Dal (20-08-13)

Thanks

Just got a nail and dome. Excited to take It home and season that nail.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alexsm For This Useful Post:

Mr.UnclePen (09-07-13), RastaMouse22 (12-08-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by biggeroots View Post
    Hi Alex. Great post you have here, thanks. Can you tell us where to buy the tubes with the perfect nozzle hole in?
    I had a hard time finding the glass extraction tubes, but after a year, they showed up at my local head shop. These are blown by a local artist. New ones just showed up but they are very expensive and I'm glad that I picked up the large tube before the prices went up.

Jāck Herer Guest

Can you get one that would accommodate a penis?

Just curious.

Cuda Guest

Quote Originally Posted by alexsm View Post
    Runny means that there is butane still in the oil, when it is hard at room temperature, that's a good thing. Now in the summer I notice that shatter can be a bit runny, well not runny but soft enough to pull like taffy or dab with. But you don't want your finished product to be runny.

So is it only ISO oil that should be runny or is that no good either. When I say runny I mean possible to put in a syringe and squeeze out again for dosage purposes.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80 COBALT using Tapatalk HD

Thanks

99% of the ISO oil I have had in the past has been either runny or has had a stabilizer such ground up flowers to keep it firm. The polar aspect of that solvent means that it'll strip off plant waxes, chlorophyll, colour, and of course, ANY MOISTURE left in ones trim or flowers.
    Oil being runny can be a sign of solvent still lingering around, or it can be a sign of an impure extraction. QWISO works great and if one can time it properly, or use very high quality starting material, the outcome can be very potent and shatttery.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alexsm For This Useful Post:

Dal (10-07-13), RastaMouse22 (20-07-13)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast