Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Beware - GPS location stored in pictures

Thanks

just to add to how bad spy technology is these days, i was at a motorcycle race meeting taking pictures and movies of the racing, when i got home, i loaded everything from my Canon camera onto my Apple computer, and was shocked to see the foldername that was generated, was the title of the race meeting, how freaky was that...

so how did they do it ? well my guess is the location data from the camera, was used to link to some web-based event calendar, by the computer software, via a WiFi chip built into the Apple computer, that is not easily detectable by the average user, i ripped three WiFi antena out of my macmini, but still one more exists because i spent days reading through code, and found 'en3' exists, that's the forth WiFi output that we are not supposed to 'know about' ( otherwise the NSA would have an even harder time of finding the make believe 'terrorists' ).

so the bottom line is, not to trust technology, if you want your privacy.

PS. great website

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paul NZ For This Useful Post:

crackerjack (21-05-16)

Thanks

Wow Thanks for the great info!!!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 56,239 Times

Jesus christ ,i did NOT know this . Sneaky rat bastards

The Aspie Toker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Trex View Post
    Jesus christ ,i did NOT know this . Sneaky rat bastards
    Just alter the GPS data to The Whitehouse.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    Just alter the GPS data to The Whitehouse.
    I just downloaded that informatin wiper . I still dont trust it ,but we will be legal here soon in Canada , well if they can stop fucking around that is

Thanks

If you running Android phone, if you taking pictures, make sure you log out of your google account. Google has this neat feature of automatically backing up your contacts, wifi passwords, pictures, etc automatically if you're not on top of your privacy settings. If your google account has puiblic profile viewing then it is a possibility that anyone viewing your google profile can have access to your stored / shared pictures. Take your pics, move them to wherever, delete from phone then re logon to google account.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to tlh2496 For This Useful Post:

Trex (17-02-17)

The Aspie Toker Guest

I just downloaded that informatin wiper . I still dont trust it ,but we will be legal here soon in Canada , well if they can stop fucking around that is
    You don't want that information even if it were legal in your country. Crop thieves will know where and when to break in at steal it.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Aspie Toker For This Useful Post:

M_C (17-02-17), tlh2496 (17-02-17), Trex (17-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by The Aspie Toker View Post
    You don't want that information even if it were legal in your country. Crop thieves will know where and when to break in at steal it.
    Im hoke on sick leave , with my arsenal i have here aspie . No one getting even close to it !! Not a fucking chance my friend

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Trex For This Useful Post:

Loki (17-02-17), mrnice586 (17-02-17)

Thanks

Im hoke on sick leave , with my arsenal i have here aspie . No one getting even close to it !! Not a fucking chance my friend
    Wish we could be armed in uk, well you can just not use for self protection.....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrnice586 For This Useful Post:

tlh2496 (17-02-17), Trex (17-02-17)

Thanks

Mind you ,i would use the machete hanging in my closet ,but if someone breaks in my door , my 9mm Sig P220 is handy ,never wish harm on anyone but if someone were to threaten me or my family .... Better pray cops get here first cuz trex can flip on a dime and get pretty fucking crazy when backed into a corner ,

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4