Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Beware - GPS location stored in pictures

jimmi420 Guest

A bit over my head that is, so i got another question lol`zz , should i use them as well as my exif data stripper on pics or at least one as well as on other files iff uploading , thx again.

Doubie Guest

Fuck me - this isn't my expertise. Think I'll just avoid loading pics of my own from now on, sounds like the safest way!

~Doubie

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 10,882 Times

Quote Originally Posted by jimmi420 View Post
    A bit over my head that is, so i got another question lol`zz , should i use them as well as my exif data stripper on pics or at least one as well as on other files iff uploading , thx again.
    What you're using is probably fine

But it may be that the applications I linked remove other metadata as well as EXIF.

These programs usually show how much data they've removed so it might be interesting to run some images through each of them, in various sequences, to see if some remove more than others, and especially if they remove data that others have missed.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

jimmi420 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymiss View Post

But it may be that the applications I linked remove other metadata as well as EXIF.

These programs usually show how much data they've removed so it might be interesting to run some images through each of them, in various sequences, to see if some remove more than others, and especially if they remove data that others have missed.
    Your a star in the making, i got that sound as a pound m8, one last thing would i use these tools for anythink else or just pics etc, as i said limited to what i know here, cheers.

WanderinBloke Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymiss View Post

Do you know if there are any progs which actually show what data is being deleted?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,034 Times

Gif -256 colours - solid colours only
    - simple and small icons
    - typography
    -basic transparency (simple shapes over complex ones)

JPG- photographs
    - simple gradients
    -jpg files with complex gradients start to look blurry and low definition

PNG -8,24 and 32 bit colours
    Great for pictures ,high detail and complex gradients ,great fidelity

Gif vs JPEG
    GIF is great for computer generated images with limited pallets .
    JPG is far better for photographs ,it gives better quality images for the same files size .
    My first Grow -https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tealth-Drawers -Finnished Was updated daily and loads of pics

2nd Grow - Blue Mystic - 600w HPS Cupboard Groom https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...as-Blue-Mistic Finnished

3rd & 4th GrowFruit Spirit & Dinachem https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-(fem)-in-Soil

5th Grow Pineapple Kush & Somango XL (Current) https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Seeds-in-Soil

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brutalkillshot5 For This Useful Post:

lapse (25-06-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WanderinBloke View Post
    Do you know if there are any progs which actually show what data is being deleted?
    No, I don't. Sorry.

But, your browser may show you. Opera, for instance, shows metadata (Right-click => Image Properties) so comparing before and after might do the job.

ETA: Even Windows Explorer shows some metadata — Right-click => Properties => Summary tab (=> Advanced button, if required)
    Last edited by Anonymiss; 25-06-13 at 04:34 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimmi420 View Post
    Your a star in the making, i got that sound as a pound m8, one last thing would i use these tools for anythink else or just pics etc, as i said limited to what i know here, cheers.
    Those tools, just images.

But other applications will typically embed their own data into their own files when creating or saving them (.pdf for Acrobat, .doc for Word, etc.) so if you ever upload or otherwise share anything then you should probably check them. Usually it's at somewhere like File => Properties, and it's usually editable.

Longer term, consider what is entered as the default user data in applications generally (this varies so much I'm not going to go there).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Anonymiss For This Useful Post:

lapse (25-06-13)

Thanks

Good to know thanks

"IF YOU SMOKE IT THEY WILL COME"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fishmastaZERO View Post
    Good to know thanks

"IF YOU SMOKE IT THEY WILL COME"
    likewise cheers

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast