Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Tay's In & Out 2009

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,596 Times

Default Tay's In & Out 2009

herro

since i finally got my old diary out of the way i thought i'd show you guys what i'm up to now.

this will be my first guerilla adventure and i'm looking forward to getting out and about this season, i'm a bit behind schedule since i've only got one grow space and my last plants just wouldn't finish!!

the plan: i've got 4-5 general areas to work with including 2 definite sites all about a half an hour to an hour walk from my house... i pretty much live in the middle of nowhere. as well as collaborating with a friends grow which i'll include in this diary... he really does live smack bang in the middle of nowhere and has some great sites. he is waiting on a couple of clones rooting and i'll be adding to the stash. site pics will have to wait till later in the week.

strains: right now i have 3 mother plants(from fem seeds... i know this isn't the best way of snapping up good genetics but i'm a cheapskate!), they're still a good month off being ready to clone though (hence the behind schedule part) pics below, they are g13 labs durban poison, barney's LSD and barney's amnesia lemon. i did have a blue cheese but it didn't germ also right now i have a couple of baby auto ak47s, i'm germing 6 purple satins and 6 superlime autos... next to germ will be 5 mazar-i-sharif and maybe some blue sharks.

Durban Poison so far 2.5weeks

LSD 2.5weeks

Amnesia Lemon again, 2.5weeks

you may notice a couple of burns in these pics, it's weird... i started them in bio-bizz allmix with 20% vermiculite and 20% rock dust just like my last grow and i was fine then? anyway, i flushed them once and they're totally fine now. weird.

i'm going to keep a couple of clones for something to do indoors as well. that'll give me a chance to try these strains out before harvest season

wish me luck cause i'll probably need it and any tips, pointers or criticisms are more than welcome. cheers

Thanks

oops, forgot this part hehe

so after seeing that video that black.lung posted yesterday about an alternative cloning technique i decided i wanted to try it. it may not be new but it's new to me

anyway, i fancied getting a bit of practice before trying it on mj so today i gave it a wee bash on one of my chili plants. here's a couple of pics...

said chili plant: (i know if this works, it may take ages since they're fruiting)

i took this stem and gave it a trim. i then used a scalpel to make a couple of extra little gashes and scraped some of the bark off.

i cut a rockwool cube down one side and gave it the ol soak n squeeze. i then gave the stem a generous smothering of clonex and used a plastic tie to keep it in place.

finally i wrapped the cube in tin foil, repeated the process and now it's the waiting game.

if this goes well at all then i'll defo be using this technique on my mj. wish me luck!

Thanks

thats genius great idea trying it on a chilli plant 1st. I wait eagerly to see if it works

Some great strains, love durban poison, fingers crossed for good dry weather!
    'Everyday a fishing day, not everyday a catching day'

Diesel Ryder 250W- CFL Completed

Its all fake, I got it somewhere don't remember. I'm a very insincere person.

Floating about 3ft above where I think I am.
    Thanks

The nute strength of all mix is up and down like a yo-yo mate. Sometimes it's good, sometimes bad, sometimes you get both in the same sack.

Bio-Bizz soils are not the best anymore. You are better off using plagron batmix or some good all purpose compost with added john innes no.3
    Work to live life. Don't live life to work!!!!!

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 6,340 Times

Good luck Tay buddy, will be watching mate.

Thanks

cheers guys.

@ syanlar> cheers, i'm defo gonna pick up some bat mix next time around but i just got 40ltrs of ye ol cheapo multi purpose for my outdoor shenanigans that'll probly last me quite a while. picked up some fish blood and bone, and some kelp too. my local garden center is so much better at this time of year

cheers for lookin in dudes

Thanks

i likede the g13 labs durban poison too smells beautiful and tastes very nice too.
    but they were free seeds from the seed site with attitude and they dont have them any more.
    did you get yours as a freebee? if not where did you get hold of them as i would love to get some more.

Thanks

Nice Tay, looking forward to this one, i got LSD to do next.
    The cloning technique your trying is quite effective. I use to use it on my bonsais but instead of the rockwool cubes i used a kind of moss then wrapped the moss tightly in clingfilm to keep in moisture. It used to take ages but then they were woody branches. Do you keep your chillies with your weed? as ive just put some seeds in and am waiting for them to germ.

.... if you run with the dogs don't piss like a puppy ....

Thanks

Oh yeah forgot to say, rooting powder where you scraped it helps too.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by black.lung View Post
    i likede the g13 labs durban poison too smells beautiful and tastes very nice too.
    but they were free seeds from the seed site with attitude and they dont have them any more.
    did you get yours as a freebee? if not where did you get hold of them as i would love to get some more.
    yeah the durban was a freebie, i noticed that they'd disappeared off the market while trying to look for some info on flowering time etc. don't suppose you could help there at all? did you do them inside or out?

Quote Originally Posted by greendog View Post
    Nice Tay, looking forward to this one, i got LSD to do next.
    The cloning technique your trying is quite effective. I use to use it on my bonsais but instead of the rockwool cubes i used a kind of moss then wrapped the moss tightly in clingfilm to keep in moisture. It used to take ages but then they were woody branches. Do you keep your chillies with your weed? as ive just put some seeds in and am waiting for them to germ.

hey greendog, you'll enjoy looking after your chillies, they're quite fun to grow. i started mine in my grow space but for some reason the flowers kept dying off even though i'd be pollinating them daily. maybe something to do with light cycle and temps? something else to note is they like high r/h... some chillies develop hygroscopic salt buildups on the underside of their leaves to catch moisture when humidity is too low. anyway, they live on my kitchen window now and they're doing great. do you think them being at my window will make the clones less likely to root? if so i may pop them back in with my weed for now.

cheers for looking in guys

Page 1 of 39 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast