Thread: Carbon filter + ozone generator????

Thanks

Default Carbon filter + ozone generator????

Just wondering of anyone knows if its bad to put a ozone generator and a carbon filter in groom? My girlfriend swears she can smell the plant...

Thanks

Ozone is poisonous. I would not want one in my house. It is also not very effective at removing the smell.

A good branded carbon filter of an appropriate size/capacity is all you need. If any smell is escaping the room then you need to do a better job of sealing it and/or adjust the (negative) pressure so all air leaving the room does so via your carbon filter.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to d-green For This Useful Post:

Rotty-haven (11-07-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,399 Times

if you have a tent in a room and need to have the doors open to water (for example) a product called "Ona Gel" is worth a look.. non toxic and it is pretty good at neutralising odours.
    current grow - a quick run of Power Plant in mapito by Rory B

"How is it that your fucking stupid soon-to-be-dead friends thought they might be able to steal my cannabis and then sell it back to me? Is this a declaration of war? Is this some white cunt's joke that black cunts don't get? 'Cause Im not fucking laughing Ni-ko-las!"

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rory Breaker For This Useful Post:

newfarmer024 (11-07-13)

Thanks

Yes it's not a strong smell because I can only smell it when the door is open but she says she can smell it when she walks in the bedroom

Thanks

Is the filter connected to the fan directly as I`ve been told some ducting has small holes in them so its not sucking through the filter... filter+fan then ducting

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rotty-haven View Post
    Is the filter connected to the fan directly as I`ve been told some ducting has small holes in them so its not sucking through the filter... filter+fan then ducting
    Yes, the fan should be connected directly to the filter.

Accoustic ducting has holes in it but that's only into the accoustic filling, it shoudln't leak. However any join is inevitably imperfect, which is why you should always connect the fan directly to the filter.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to d-green For This Useful Post:

Rotty-haven (11-07-13)

Thanks

I've been thinking about an ozone generator ( for the smell ) but than I read that it can cause harm to the plants! So we just use a carbon filter ( changed every year ), a small battery powered air freshener and a tight seal on the door. So far so good.

Thanks

Sorry to bump an old thread, but...

Ozone oxidises organic matter on contact - it is not good for the plants or yourself

Thanks

could put a small ozone generator outside the tent tho and just play with the settings till right
    .. a tipple made it topple and
    a nipple put a stop to all.

Thanks

I do for when it's bad
    5 min p hour outside tent, used it for yrs. carbon filter in tent of course

They are the best smell killer I have had, tiz a shame it's harmfully in big quantities.
    But well aired, I have had no problems using an ozone gen.
    Small,quiet,works

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sweetsmoker For This Useful Post:

umbongo (12-06-14)