Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Old fashioned weed

Thanks

Default Old fashioned weed

on my worldly travels some of the best weed I smoked was in Thailand, its a personal thing I guess but I liked how I felt.
    where can one obtain bog standard old fashion weed seeds?

my guess is you cant its been driven out by skunk strains.

any ideas?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,891 Times

If you grew indoors the seed of the land race weed you smoked it won't end up with anything like the chemotype of the land race parents.

I made my first seeds in 1972 and have smoked proper Thai stick and Durban Poison and would love to be able to grow cannabis like these legendary originals but it can't be done because growing indoors is a poor approximation of the environment of the original parents. It's not just genetics involved in the shaping of the overall chemotype/resin profile as phenotype is the result of the genotype after it has been shaped by the environment in which it grew.

3. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (19-07-13), babybud3232 (19-07-13), better bud bureau (18-10-14), DaveyJones (21-07-13), DoobieManScoop (19-07-13), Fro (21-07-13), Humph (20-07-13), Mr.UnclePen (27-07-13), scotland smoking (25-07-13), Stirruphead (20-07-13), Zip (20-07-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 39,862 Times

Rockster you old fucker, you baffle me sometimes

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B.A.BARACUS For This Useful Post:

Fieldy (19-07-13)

Thanks

talk about ruin my day.lol

so it may not be as good as the oringal would still like to try it tho.

Thanks

It would be closer than any other strain. But might disappoint as Rockster said.

Thanks

i have 3 seeds that i think i got from thailand, sadly i dont have the space, time and possible knowledge to turn these 3 seeds into possibly 100's.

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,163 Times

Quote Originally Posted by dangerousdesigns View Post
    i have 3 seeds that i think i got from thailand, sadly i dont have the space, time and possible knowledge to turn these 3 seeds into possibly 100's.
    if you can grow outdoors then you can just grow all three seeds near each other, hope there is one male, if there are two, pull the least desirable before pollination.

Thanks

sadly no real grow area outside...;(

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,163 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Rockster View Post
    If you grew indoors the seed of the land race weed you smoked it won't end up with anything like the chemotype of the land race parents.

I made my first seeds in 1972 and have smoked proper Thai stick and Durban Poison and would love to be able to grow cannabis like these legendary originals but it can't be done because growing indoors is a poor approximation of the environment of the original parents. It's not just genetics involved in the shaping of the overall chemotype/resin profile as phenotype is the result of the genotype after it has been shaped by the environment in which it grew.
    if i breed a stock outside, and the same inside, i will get different pheno characteristics?

interesting. so if you're an indoor grower should you look for seeds breed indoors? what if the strain has been breed indoors for 15 years? will that negatively effect it?

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 4,891 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.UnclePen View Post
    if i breed a stock outside, and the same inside, i will get different pheno characteristics?

interesting. so if you're an indoor grower should you look for seeds breed indoors? what if the strain has been breed indoors for 15 years? will that negatively effect it?
    Yes of course you will. The resultant phenotype is the genotype as shaped by that particular environment.

But answer to your question: Take strain X and breed it indoors and outdoors and the resultant prodigy will be genetically identical. The genotype will be the same but when those seeds are grown out in any given environment phenotypical differences will occur as shaped by that environment.

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rockster For This Useful Post:

B.A.BARACUS (27-07-13), KiefKat (28-07-13), THE DUDE ABIDES (27-07-13)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast