Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Venus fly traps...

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 8,585 Times

cheers trubz mate... yeah read that about hand feeding, so am jut going to repot them into the venus fly trap mix and keep them in the trays of rainwater for now...

so when they go dormant, whats the deal mate will they be ok in a tote box in a brick built shed or will it get to cold for them in there??

thanks for the reply... IJ

Thanks

I have a venus fly trap care sheet I will pm you it if I can remember how. Not been on hear for a long time. Cant grow weed at the moment its killing me. So have put my efforts into bonsai trees and carnivorous plants. They can handle -15 when their dorment. This is my first year on them so im a novice. If I mind right im sure you cut off their heads to make them go dormant. Will put a few pics up if you dont mind. I have a monster sarracenia its 700 mm tall and eats wasps for breakfast lol. Will be back in a few mins mate. Going to locate this care sheet

3. The Following User Says Thank You to trubz For This Useful Post:

2high (08-09-13)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trubz View Post
    I have a venus fly trap care sheet I will pm you it if I can remember how. Not been on hear for a long time. Cant grow weed at the moment its killing me. So have put my efforts into bonsai trees and carnivorous plants. They can handle -15 when their dorment. This is my first year on them so im a novice. If I mind right im sure you cut off their heads to make them go dormant. Will put a few pics up if you dont mind. I have a monster sarracenia its 700 mm tall and eats wasps for breakfast lol. Will be back in a few mins mate. Going to locate this care sheet
    Thanks for that buddy... and yes post away with the pics the more the better I'm in the same boat as you, although i have a grow on its not at my house so lately i have been buying all kids of plants to give me something to play about with... got a few of the pink quill 'air plants' and some other bromeliads as well...

get the pics of the wasp killer up lmfao...

Cheers... IJ

Thanks

Having trouble getting pics up mate. New fones a real pest. Care sheet is lost in the bloody thing aswell

cut the heads off when they go black. I have loads of houseplants. You would think I was an old man lol. Going tonfind out how to resize my pics so they go online. Back in a sec

6. The Following User Says Thank You to trubz For This Useful Post:

2high (08-09-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,107 Times

Quote Originally Posted by trubz View Post
    Having trouble getting pics up mate. New fones a real pest. Care sheet is lost in the bloody thing aswell

cut the heads off when they go black. I have loads of houseplants. You would think I was an old man lol. Going tonfind out how to resize my pics so they go online. Back in a sec
    if you get the care sheet sorted mate can I have a look, i'm new to them myself, mine are small....I chase wasps away

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ironjustice View Post
    mine are presently sat in tray with rain water in it in their pots buddy... have you kept your for long? and do you do anything special with them over winter?

Cheers for your reply...IJ
    hey dude,only have them since may,but havnt done anything with her,just love watching her eat!!

Thanks

The file is too big to upload guys sorry. Bound to be a way of sharing it. Basically you cut the heads of in spring time. Also the sheet says the traps hate frost. Person I got my traps from told me they were frost hardy to -15. The care sheet says differently. Hoping they make it as I will go nuts at the seller for bullshitting me.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to trubz For This Useful Post:

2high (10-09-13)

Boxteroid Champion! Crazy Cars Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,305 Times

Bump!

I just got a venus flytrap and a sundew. I have the flytrap in my window, it did look dead when I got it but has come back to life (I didn't expect that for ages), and has come a long way since this pic was taken a couple months ago.
    I got them both for 50p each, from a small independent greengrocer.

Sundew is in my cab, she has perked right up and has a lot more red colour now.

A florist near me has pitcher plants, but I'm worried about a new addiction starting....
    The cream rises to the top, regardless of the cow it came from.
    My grows are done in a Stealth Cab 250w CFL

PC Fan to Mains for Dummies

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to needsmust For This Useful Post:

Thanks

shit forgot all about this thread.. will upload some pics of all the ones i got now, problem is they are dying back now as its winter... i got one of the packs from hants flytrap shop and they were excellent quality, i also bought a much larger venus to go with the pitchers and the sundews and the smaller trap, and that got BIG!! cant wait for spring when they come back to life...

ands mate, you say your sundew is in your cab? are there any insects in there for it to feed on? its the reason why i didnt put mine under te t5's and in a tent is cos of lack of food...

IJ

Boxteroid Champion! Crazy Cars Champion!
    Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,305 Times

I thought mine were dying back when I bought them. Read that sundews don't die back so I put it in the cab... I had some spider mites and it fed before I got rid of the bastards so I know it's good for a bit.
    I got a bag carnivorous medium from a garden centre for £2.99, am going to repot the flytrap in spring and the sundew when the 'babies' it has growing in pot are large enough to handle (and I get suitable pots).

I'll take some pics when lights come on in a couple hours.

I have some large glass jars, I was thinking of making a terrarium and getting a grow light and have them on a shelf. Any thoughs on the jar thing? Increases humidity which I read they like.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast