Thread: DWC Net Pot Help!!

Thanks

Default DWC Net Pot Help!!

How far do infill up my reservoir? I've heard an inch over the Net pot and also 1/2" to and inch below.. I'm confused??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 420

old digger Guest

i run my water level 2-3 inch up the pot !!, then let it drop over 10 inch below !

3. The Following User Says Thank You to old digger For This Useful Post:

Twiisted7709 (12-09-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 19,245 Times

its up to you and really doesn't matter, just don't go mental and drown it.
    Grandad's 40 ounces the easy way(2 plants) critical & ice (aqua farm scrogging)https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...tical-and-ice)
    Beginners guide to aqua/water farming with DWC upgrade https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Water-farming
    critical and white diesel rdwc https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...Diesel)/page23

FORUM RULES............ please read https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ules-And-Facts!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grandad For This Useful Post:

Axx (15-09-13), Twiisted7709 (12-09-13)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 1,844 Times

When you have new seedlings it matters. Ideal is so that the bubbles are just getting the planting medium wet. Once you have roots, its not so critical, better too low than too high in my opinion.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to galt For This Useful Post:

Twiisted7709 (12-09-13)

Thanks

Thank you for the replies. I lowered my water level from about an inch over to just below the net pot. I'm just trying to sprout at the moment and realized all I need is a soaked piece of rockwool and let the roots chase the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 420

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Twiisted7709 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,178 Times

1 inch above res line worked well for my diy net pots/dwc roots hit res within the week

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 12,996 Times

I will add a bit to this info, the small air gap between the net pot and the water, is the first place to get any unwanted attention from bad bacteria. I alway's keep my water an 1" above the bottom of the net pot, sure it drops bellow it a few inches, but on the next fill up it goes back up the net pot. In my experience it helps to keep covering the bottom of the net pots. Even more so if you use bennifical bacteria, as it will let them get right into the rootball, inside the net pot.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Hannibal For This Useful Post:

boomshiva (29-10-13)