Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Super Silent Ruck 200L

Thanks

Perfect timing for me m8, as my fan will be here in a couple of days and I really need the stealth !! I've got shit loads of MDF as well. Just gotta sneak some cushions out the house without the missus seeing.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dizzie For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (24-09-13), Catch_E_Monkey (23-01-16), GEORGE (17-08-15), UpT0wn (01-10-19)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 5,993 Times

lol thats what i did at the old my place. using expansion foam though. yes it does work a treat. however, i have no roof to put the noisy feck. so all fans etc are based in the bedroom. i did see on here someone using the above mentioned packing stuff like rockwool. but can i find it, no. thx mate
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud lightyear View Post
    Afternoon folks, well I've been doing a spot of DIY this afternoon In preparation for starting a new grow.
    Today I have been sorting the ventilation installation which consist of a RK200L Ruck Fan (200mm/8 inch) - 1110m3/h and a 200x600 Rhino Pro Carbon Filter 1125m3/h

This is going in a 1.5m x 1.5m x 2.0 Green room tent (good fuckin tent by the way)
    Unpacked the fan and quickly wired it up for a dry run, fuck me this thing sounds like an Apache helicopter so I have a plan, I'm gonna build a silencer box in a bid to reduce the db output.

Went for a rummage in the shed and managed to find some off cuts of 18mm Mdf and some chipboard.
    Spotted a couple of old cushions I was meaning to chuck out so grabbed them as well. After around an hour managed to get all the pieces for the box cut to size 20 inches square with 8" holes cut out on 2 sides to receive the 200mm duct. Im gonna use the stuffing from the cushions to pack round the fan.

Anyway heres a few pics of a very productive afternoon, job completed and I have to say this setup is super silent.
    You could hear a mouse fart in there now and thats with the fan running at full tilt, happy days.

Thanks for looking folks, hope your all enjoying the weekend.

Regards BL
    FORMERLY TOBYSMOKER

Big buddah cheese and blue cheese solo journey - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...ese-Round-Two-)

Big Buddah Blue Cheese & Cheese Mentored by Budlightyear! https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...-Bud-lightyear

BREAKS & BEATS FOR THE MUSIC PRODUCERS OUT THERE!!! - https://www.thctalk.com/cannabis-foru...d-check-it-out

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SmobyToker#1 For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (23-10-13), GEORGE (17-08-15)

Thanks

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Humph For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-08-15)

Thanks

done the same thing last week, same fan n everything, mdf 6foot by 2foot £17 b &q, pillows, quilt, dressing gowns, u name it its in there !

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Royston Cropper For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (23-01-16)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Royston Cropper View Post
    done the same thing last week, same fan n everything, mdf 6foot by 2foot £17 b &q, pillows, quilt, dressing gowns, u name it its in there !
    What was the outcome dude, has it worked for you ?

Regards BL

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (23-01-16), GEORGE (17-08-15)

Thanks

yeah proper sweet, only problem is, when its turned down on the ram pro fan speed controller it hums louder than when the fan is at full hammer, brummie too, great minds think alike eh bud ! just this mind was 6 months behind yours lol

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Royston Cropper For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (23-02-14), Catch_E_Monkey (23-01-16), GEORGE (17-08-15), nevertrustahippy (02-09-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 79,865 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Royston Cropper View Post
    yeah proper sweet, only problem is, when its turned down on the ram pro fan speed controller it hums louder than when the fan is at full hammer, brummie too, great minds think alike eh bud ! just this mind was 6 months behind yours lol
    Thanks for the feedback fella, appreciated

Regards BL

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bud Lightyear For This Useful Post:

Catch_E_Monkey (23-01-16), GEORGE (17-08-15)

Thanks
    Been Thanked: 3,426 Times

When I get around to boxing mine BudL I will also comment how effective the method is. I need to mount my fan in the same room so need it as quiet as possible really.

I think I will get around to this quicker than picking up a controller.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BudMan For This Useful Post:

Bud Lightyear (23-02-14), GEORGE (17-08-15), My Tent Or Yours (19-01-15)

Thanks

@budman, before i put the 200l on the ram pro it was just on a dimmer with a thermostat, cheaper than a rampro and strangely it didnt hum as loud as the ram pro when the fans turned down, but it only adjusts your extract fan, mines in the groom too, put some sponge under the box to stop vibration and it also works as a little table to store stuff, groom tools etc !

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Royston Cropper For This Useful Post:

BudMan (23-02-14), GEORGE (17-08-15)

Thanks

ask yourself tho, what noise are you trying to get rid of the hum, or the air movement, boxing will work well for the latter

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Royston Cropper For This Useful Post:

GEORGE (17-08-15)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast